engine build questions

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
seanc
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

engine build questions

Post by seanc »

ok i think i am going to do a basic build on my ka. just gonna upgrade pistons, rods and arp head studs and do a basic rebuild. so i was wondering at what kind of horsepower levels you guys would recommend upgrading the main bolts to arp studs?
twastheglow
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by twastheglow »

If you already have everything apart, just go for it. It's just extra insurance. You can never be too careful.
*mike*
wild_maxx
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by wild_maxx »

yeah man... just spend the 125.00 bux and get them now. Knowing that they are in there and doing their job is good insurance. The stock bolts are how old now?

Below is a pic of my main bolt that broke off after one torque. I don't remember the exact amount.. but it was NOT the final torque stage on it. :shock:

makas14
240sx Wannabe

Post by makas14 »

wild_maxx wrote:yeah man... just spend the 125.00 bux and get them now. Knowing that they are in there and doing their job is good insurance. The stock bolts are how old now?

Below is a pic of my main bolt that broke off after one torque. I don't remember the exact amount.. but it was NOT the final torque stage on it. :shock:

what motor do you have cause my stock head bolts are 10mm alan key.
team13
Learners Permit

Post by team13 »

i think dude has a sohc engine
cuz i bought those on accdent insted of dohc
wild_maxx
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by wild_maxx »

did you guys read the original post? He was asking if MAIN bolts need to be replaced. The one pictured above is a SOHC MAIN BOLT.