water/oil lines

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
Bero
Dreams of owning a 240!

water/oil lines

Post by Bero »

hey guys,
I'm running a blacktop T25 (compressor a/r .80, exhaust a/r .64) and I'm not entirely sure what AN fittings i need to be using.
I'm going to order braided lines, but what fittings should i have from the block to the braided line, and the braided line to the turbo, and from the turbo to the oilpan? (oil obviously)
and also for the water line, what fittings should i use from the coolant line to the turbo, and back into the coolant line?

basically, i need to know exactly what fittings to use.
can anyone with similar setups help me out here?

thanks
Bryan

"Risk it all for a dream no-one else sees"
master_vang
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by master_vang »

some say that running just the oil lines should be ok....don't quote me on that though...
Bero
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Bero »

well, i wouldnt want to screw anythign up now would i!

anyone? theres gotta be someone out there who knows what fittings i need?
i ESPECIALLY need to know what fittings to run from the block.
cmon ppl!
Bryan

glacier985
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by glacier985 »

I am going to be running the same setup as you and have done some research about the oil lines and so far I got the feed line, but I'm working on the return line as I type.

Here is what I have

1. 1/8" BSPT Male X NPT Female
2. 1/8" NPT Female X Female X Male Tee
3. 1/8" NPT Male X BSPT Female
4. .060" oil restrictor
5. -3an steel NPT male
6. -3an steel braided 44” brakeline
7. -3an to 7/16-24 brake adapter

Right now I only have the top three parts, because thats all I need to put on the block, for the return line I have just the 1/2" NPT steel bung to weld into the oil pan, but I think all I need is the outlet flange, a couple 1/2" barbs and a -10an hose. I can get pictures of what I have setup now tomorrow if you need them.
1990 240sx SE, 96K, ka24eT Time to Finish

Cobra723
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Cobra723 »

are you a 100% sure on that? cuz im doin the same setup and all i need is the oil lines too... i need to order it asap.
1991 Nissan 240sx - awaiting 1jz install
1996 Toyota Supra TT - (1 of 27)http://www.cardomain.com/id/cobra723
glacier985

Post by glacier985 »

Yea Im 100% sure, because I found most of it from sr20forum with guys running t25/t28 turbos on the fwd sr's. Everything is pretty easy to find and not to expensive. The hardest thing to find is the oil restrictor, at least I can't find one for less the 15 bucks.

Cobra723
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Cobra723 »

but y would u want a oil restrictor?
Bero
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Bero »

also, what about the water line? what are you going to do about that?
Bryan

Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

Use the lines that goto the throttle body. Just put the turbo in place of the throttle body coolant lines. That what I just did with the GT35R.

Rick
••••••••••••••••••••••••
No... I don't own a 240 anymore!
••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Don't remind me of my failures, I haven't yet forgotten them"
SHIFT_KA24DET
Forum Police!

Post by SHIFT_KA24DET »

^^^ Pix Rick?
- Adam
glacier985

Post by glacier985 »

I'm not running the water lines unless I absolutly need them. Which I still haven't found a clear answer. And the oil restrictor is to not allow too much oil into the turbo to blow the seals and have the turbo spit out smoke.

driftedoffroad
240sx Wannabe

Post by driftedoffroad »

oil lines are used to cool/lubricate the turbo when the engine is running (with oil pressure)

coolant lines for a turbo are used to cool the turbo after the car is off. when the coolant heats up in the turbo it actually will pull itself through and continue to cool the turbo.

conclusion as long as you idle your car down you should not need the coolant lines.
tastyratz
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by tastyratz »

always run coolant lines to properly cool the turbo whenever available. a coolant lines the easiest one to run dont be lazy, a cooler turbo will produce cooler charges, be less likely to coke the oil and make scum buildup if you shut off the car hot, etc.
BillKlineVT

Post by BillKlineVT »

Wow this didn't come up when you searched on this forum, or did you? I've been told that with 3AN lines you really don't need an oil restrictor, but I have the JGS feed line kit which is 4AN, so the .060 restrictor was needed. Here are a couple links that are of help: http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/trboil.html

You want this kit: TA004-GT 48" line w/ inverted flare adapter $54.99 ... make SURE you get the 4 foot line - I've seen the 3 foot and it's too short to make it to the turbo in any remotely clean fashion. That will take care of your feed line kit, comes with all the fittings you need, and guess what, JGS is a sponsor! This is what I have, and haven't had any problems with it.

On that same page, you can get the return line as well, which is 24" Lenght TK168 T25/28 $34.49 and TA046 1/2" NPT Steel bung $1.99 , and that should take care of your oil return setup.

In terms of a restrictor for under 15 dollars (guessing you saw them at ATPturbo), here is a link that is a very good deal: https://vs01.tvsecure.com/~vs01037/orders/index.htm and find this: 313 1/16 In. Restrictor Orifice - Controls Oil Flow into Frantz Oil Filter. $ 4.00... that's right, 4 dollars plus shipping! Same exact thing as what ATP sells, and I use it so I know it works just fine.

Regarding water lines... I didn't run any on my t25, and never had a problem. I used my turbo timer to let it circulate oil thru the housing when it was cooling down, and never had any problems. Now that I have my GT2871R, I hooked up coolant lines, which can be seen at the bottom of this thread: viewtopic.php?t=2549&highlight=water+lines

Have fun!
1997 Silver Moss KA-T
GT2871R / Z32 MAF / 550cc Deatschwerks Injectors
BikiRom Daughterboard on a '95 ECU
Cobra723
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Cobra723 »

just out of curiousty bill, did u run ur car on the track yet? if so wat are the times?
BillKlineVT

Post by BillKlineVT »

not on a straight track, hehe... I'm into autox and getting into track events, etc. I'll be sure to hit up the local 1/8 mile when i get back to school though.
1997 Silver Moss KA-T
Cobra723
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Cobra723 »

the reason i was asking was b/c ur old setup is basically like mine. and ur new setup is wat im thinking of getting, so i just wanted to compare.
tastyratz

Post by tastyratz »

a water cooled turbo isnt a necessity, just like an intercooler. if you have the input for a water line in the turbo however you better use it. a turbo can be designed different with the water jackets, chances are if you have a water cooled turbo it may run hotter without the lines in comparison to a similar one that doesnt have water line inputs. plus if you have a chance to run a water line to it for a few bucks and a few minutes work to have a turbo that runs longer, cooler, safer, and will perform better, why wouldnt you do something like that when you can run a line to the tb easily
Bero
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Bero »

still looking for pics and fittings for water lines.
still not 100% on where to tap for water lines
Bryan

BillKlineVT

Post by BillKlineVT »

Did you read the thread I linked you?? I posted the exact part numbers for the Tee's you need to tap into the heater core lines, and there are 2 pics in the link in that thread of how I tapped into the heater core lines. ATPTurbo.com sells banjo fittings that thread right into the t25 center section, and have a barbed fitting on the other end to push a hose right on there.
1997 Silver Moss KA-T
Bero
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Bero »

WHOOPS.. i must be stupid... lol
sry for that!

im in line now
Bryan

dutuq
NooB

Re: water/oil lines

Post by dutuq »

The board of the index with KPN was known as the interactive forum to take data or have the frictions to get the field prediction on this. Board of the index has the interactive with the evolution coaching to have the mentioned link among these quotes among author list on this.
james8293
NooB

Re: water/oil lines

Post by james8293 »

The integration of social media with e-commerce has become increasingly significant. Businesses can leverage social platforms for marketing, customer engagement, and even direct sales. Social commerce blurs the lines between social interaction and online shopping, creating new opportunities for businesses to connect with customers.
click to find out more
browse around this site