KA24DE Cylinder Head Valve Help!

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
youngnboosted
NooB

KA24DE Cylinder Head Valve Help!

Post by youngnboosted »

Hey all,

Ive been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out, but to help you help me ill give some background. I purchased a 1989 s13 coupe ROLLER, no drive train. A month later i purchased a KA24DE along with trans and a bunch of other goodies (the guy i bought it off of did not know the year). I took the head off and long behold 2 bent intake valves. Now i need to replace those valves, only issue is i dont know the year of the engine to order the valves. Figured any KA24DE valves would work..., according to my local Nissan stealership they can only order 1994-1998 valves which puts it in the early s14 to late s14 model year. With that said, my valve cover has the 3 bolts in the middle which from what ive read indicates s13? :angry-cussingblack:

Now a few questions;

1: What is the difference in the valve train of the s13 and s14 heads?

2: Does anybody have specs on the s13 valves compared to the s14 valves?

3: The serial number on my block is 246497W, how do i decode this to find the year?

4: One last thing, what are the production years for the KA 240s? I keep reading 1991-1994 S13 and 1995-1998 S14 but that doesnt seem to hold true sense my stealership can only get 1994-1998 valves?

Any help would be appreciated! I figured this is the place to come for KA answers so please, experts of the KA world... Knowledge me so i can put another 240 back on the streets