Request for timing table

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
scoobydo
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Request for timing table

Post by scoobydo »

Hi, would like to have a look at a few timing tables please. Please state what fuel you use and CR if known.

Thanks
NukeKS14
240sx Wannabe

Re: Request for timing table

Post by NukeKS14 »

Ill try to post mine up later tonight if i can. Running MS2, with diyautotune trigger wheel. CR is 9.59:1 on 93 octane with maxima COP conversion. This is not dyno tuned. Should have one to update in the near future (month or so) when I get that finished.
scoobydo

Post by scoobydo »

That would be excellent. Here is where I am at compared to Rs enthalpy looks to be retarded and considering I am very low compression 7.6:1

my timing v Rs.JPG
NukeKS14
240sx Wannabe

Post by NukeKS14 »

Are you on a ka24e or de?
scoobydo

Post by scoobydo »

Hi Ka24de. Previous owner had fun and games with it. Sold it to me with a HG issue that he tried to fix with mechanic in a bottle! That is all now resolved and all the other issues like BC cams not set properly was running JWT sprockets but on default position. Turbo gt30-76r so only a t3. If you search for threads on here for "hutch" you will find all the issues it had. If I had known about it I would not have purchased it. He ended up changing pistons out after a meltdown I would say for no reason just poor map. He didnt even know how to calculate the CR of an engine. Also the timing mark on the pulley was a few degrees out but everything is now in sync. Idle control valve was messed up due to mechanic in a bottle so could not get it to idle below 1000rpm that is all working fine now hot start no longer goes ultra lean. Also he had a Greddy BOV type RS with both springs in talk about turkey gobble.

Tks
scoobydo

Post by scoobydo »

@NukeKS14 any chance of the upload?

Anyone else as well feel free to get involved.

The reason for the ask is that as you can see from above it looks like retarded on boost I think and also possibly under 0psi. My engine CR is low in the low 7's. I recently sorted the valve timing out (running BC cams) now it is as near as I could get to the cam card/ As my car is like an altima with the dizzy on the back of exhaust cam when I done this it meant I was running 13 degrees advance across the whole map. Got concerns that my Knock sensor is not playing game but maybe as the map was so retarded if has spurred me into comparing with others. Also going to make myself some detcans so I can monitor via that. Where do you guys bolt it up to. BYW of course I found absolute TDC using a dial gauge.
NukeKS14
240sx Wannabe

Post by NukeKS14 »

busy week at work. here's my untuned table for 93 octane, 9.59:1 CR and forged internals. Maxima COP conversion and BKR7E-11's gapped to .040

scoobydo

Post by scoobydo »

Thanks how did you come about that table what was it based on?
NukeKS14
240sx Wannabe

Post by NukeKS14 »

The base ka24de tune that came with my MS. I read several threads about ka24de-t timing that included timing tables. Several on this forum, and I smoothed my table based on that info. Primary concern was being conservative until i can load tune on a dyno and 'sweeping' the timing in gradually. I am still on stock tranny and axles and want to preserve them until I upgrade as well.

220 kpa is about 17 psi fwiw

I run a 9psi spring and my boost cut is currently set at 210 kpa. I run 205 ish on open loop ebc
NukeKS14
240sx Wannabe

Post by NukeKS14 »

Started dyno tuning but had to stop from boost creep. Will update once the map is finalized.
NukeKS14
240sx Wannabe

Post by NukeKS14 »

Final tuned IGN map. This made 412HP/383Tq at 18.5# on 93 octane. Not drastically different from my previous but I was a little aggressive under boost.

I'm about 900' above sea level and from the cams, I idle at ~ 33 kPa and cruise in the mid-upper 40s.

Ichi-Go
240sx Wannabe

Post by Ichi-Go »

Thanks for posting this! I'm glad to see forums still going.

Would you mind posting fuel table, base pressure, injectors?
NukeKS14
240sx Wannabe

Post by NukeKS14 »

Since this thread is about ignition, I'm trying to keep it on topic. My dyno post with engine build is here.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64264

If you're interested in VE table hit me up in PM.
scoobydo

Post by scoobydo »

Thanks @ NukeKS14 trying to see how that compares to my spark table. Take it this applies to convert? Great numbers sorry didnt get notified of your new post.
http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mturbo.htm.
Boosted90Hardbody
Learners Permit

Post by Boosted90Hardbody »

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1aJF7fB8Z4YrUs918
(couldn't get the picture to post right, here's a tasty url for ya)
Figured I should add my 2¢ for those other single cam slammers out there:

Built sohc
O&j stg. 1 hydro cam
8.0:1 wiseco pistons, eagle rods
800cc injectors
91 pump gas
.63 ar 52mm eBay special(second one I've had on here, been running strong no issues for the last 10 months)

My timing is way advanced below 3300 rpm to compensate for the nearly 40* of lobe overlap on this cam, stock you should be in the 18-20* range at idle, tapering up to 36*ish at 3300. Pulls hard to redline with no noticeable detonation at 11.5ish afr, you may want to retard one or two degrees everywhere in boost to be on the safe side tho, it is near mbt.
Last edited by Boosted90Hardbody on Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NukeKS14
240sx Wannabe

Post by NukeKS14 »

The photo you took of your timing table is missing the y axis.
Boosted90Hardbody
Learners Permit

Post by Boosted90Hardbody »

My bad, the link is fixed now
NukeKS14
240sx Wannabe

Post by NukeKS14 »

Thanks! Good datapoints here glad to see people contributing.