Rebuilt Title car

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
rn240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Rebuilt Title car

Post by rn240sx »

I will not go into details about the make model of car, only that this one has a rebuilt title from front quarter panel hit / damage.
The same ~year car with the same mileage with normal title & no accidents runs about $75k ... This car with the rebuilt title and same mileage is $52k ..
My question is, can i trust the rebuilt title..?? The car is out of state and has passed their state inspection and the 126 point dealer inspection. We are talking $20k difference.
www.shopboldimpressions.com
98 240sx KA-T Full built motor JWT ecu 60-1 turbo 10 lbs
14 Genesis Coupe 2.0T stock turbo w/Bolt ons
98 Supra MKIV stock twins w/Bolt-ons
2012 Frontier V6, 4-door, 6ft bed (Daily Driver)
09 Ninja ZX-6R, Full exhaust, K&N pod filters
06 Suzuki Boulevard S40
/\ all still current 8.30.20
D21turbo
Learners Permit

Re: Rebuilt Title car

Post by D21turbo »

Suggest you check with your insurance company. I had a rebuilt title car at one time, it sucked. Tried Farmers, Allstate, Geico, Progressive... none would insure it. Had to go to one of the smaller companies and cost was much higher.
- Greg
rn240sx

Post by rn240sx »

D21turbo wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:02 am Suggest you check with your insurance company. I had a rebuilt title car at one time, it sucked. Tried Farmers, Allstate, Geico, Progressive... none would insure it. Had to go to one of the smaller companies and cost was much higher.
I have progressive and they said they will insure it. But i didnt ask them if they would treat it as a normal car or if it would be a total loss without question being that is was already paid out by another insurance company.
I dont have plans to sell it or flip it, it will be like my S14 and my Genesis Coupe, i will most likely hold on to it for a LONG time and it be another weekend car / car show car
www.shopboldimpressions.com
98 240sx KA-T Full built motor JWT ecu 60-1 turbo 10 lbs
14 Genesis Coupe 2.0T stock turbo w/Bolt ons
98 Supra MKIV stock twins w/Bolt-ons
2012 Frontier V6, 4-door, 6ft bed (Daily Driver)
09 Ninja ZX-6R, Full exhaust, K&N pod filters
06 Suzuki Boulevard S40
/\ all still current 8.30.20
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

I know this is a late response but just wanted to add. I've bought salvage title cars at auction, fixed them ,.got the state to inspect them So that they can have a rebuilt title and then sell them or use them.
I can tell you, in the state of Florida at least...the inspection is a joke. If you're going to buy one of these cars make sure you inspect it from head to toe as diligently as possible.
I know from personal experience that Insurance companys salvage vehicles with very little damage so it's a great way to buy a car, and perhaps even better when you buy it with the damage you can see then fix yourself....vs someone who might have done some shady ****.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
rn240sx

Post by rn240sx »

R34SR wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:49 pm when you buy it with the damage you can see then fix yourself....vs someone who might have done some shady ****.
i did a basic google search on that vin and it did pop up a state farm web link where it did show the front pass quarter panel damage, as stated by the dealer that is selling it. It didnt look from the screen bad but you know how that goes. While i have not made any decisions, another one popped up in my state and this one has a abandoned / salvage title due to the original owner basically abandoning the vehicle on the street and a "2nd" owner got it and tried to title it and had no luck to where the 3rd owner purchased it from the 2nd guy for real cheap and got the state of fl to title it as a salvage even though there was no physical damage. Since there is no abandoned title option they gave it a salvage title.
This one is also pretty cheap with low mileage and no accidents but the title is not "clean" ...
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

Cool man best of luck, buying cars new never makes sense...I say this and I have a brand new 2018 Kia stinger gt1 sitting outside since day one it hit the dealership.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
rn240sx

Post by rn240sx »

R34SR wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:14 pm Cool man best of luck, buying cars new never makes sense...I say this and I have a brand new 2018 Kia stinger gt1 sitting outside since day one it hit the dealership.
Yea i have very SPECIFIC taste in cars, they need to be 2 door, rwd, 4 cyl turbo or inline 6 turbo ... there is NOTHING new out there that has my taste.
But anyways, i dont plan to flip this car, just going to add to my collection and hope to keep them for a LONG time ...
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

Are you a nurse? Just wondering because of the RN in front of your name
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

rn240sx

Post by rn240sx »

R34SR wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:16 pm Are you a nurse? Just wondering because of the RN in front of your name
nope ...