Do you have any other hobbies?

All non-car chat in here...discuss the weather, politics or whatever.
96silvia
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by 96silvia »

the biggest reason is, I wanna spend time with my wife kids and work on my car honestly.
Don't get me wrong flying heli's is awesome, but its a one man deal you have to be 100% focused or you can get killed or kill someone else.. Since I lost my Father last year, my priorities have changed a lot, which is good. It doesn't help that i have spent about 3000.00 on everything that I have and my wife wants me to get rid of it lol
CP pistons
Pauter x-beam rods
ARP 11mm head studs
ARP 10mm main studs
tein super drift coilovers
edfc,Blitz nur spec-r muffler
z32 5speed tranny swap
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

I hear ya. Priorities change when you have a family to take care of.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
Kfred
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Kfred »

Retro gaming, specifically the 8bit nes platform.

If anyone has some games in storage, pm me what you have.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
Jackasknissan

Post by Jackasknissan »

^ plus one, ever found more controlers?

never ending 240
lso fabrication, and machining lead into it

trials( dirtbike)
skiing
rc boats
sailing
camping/ any thing outdoors
disc golf
and i might start drumming again
Turbo24sxt wrote:SOHC > DOHC ... period ...
oaznbeasto wrote: Hey 6 posts, Go **** yourself! learn something then post[/quote
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Re: Do you have any other hobbies?

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Necro bump for the newbs! ;)
PM me if you're interested in getting something powder coated!
Rb26kouki
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Rb26kouki »

Xtm exterminator
Rb26kouki
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Rb26kouki »

Off road buggy
mmmS13

Post by mmmS13 »

I decided to get back into paintball before I go to bootcamp (6 sweet months of part time jobs & slacking a tiny bit. traveling and hanging w/friends)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9JiLAoD ... G2F3vUsxSQ

I just don't like how paintball has to be so expensive :(
230k stock block
50 trim 16psi
810cc DW's
Z32 MAF
Enthalpy Tuned
*Sold*
Evo X Cornfed

http://www.youtube.com/LGmmkay
^ Youtube Channel ^

viewtopic.php?p=496648#496648
^ Build Thread ^

viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
^ Considering E-Mance? Read this ^
ZERTARACING
Learners Permit

Post by ZERTARACING »

My other hobby is RC cars. I have been racing RC's since 2008 and have been sponsored since 2010. I race 1/8th scale buggy and truggy but play around with all of them. I work for TEKNO RC (My main sponsor) as the head of customer service for them. I also go to school full time and play video games lol. But my Girlfriend keeps me pretty busy for the most part thats for sure.

Here is a picture of me at this years Nitro challenge:
I am in the middle in this picture:
http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/foru ... 2263sm.jpg
and another
On the left this time:
http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/foru ... 3268_o.jpg
Building my S-chassis in my garage, piece by piece.
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

I just got into running, otherwise I'm just a nerd :/

No other hobbies.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
erich

Re:

Post by erich »

Jordan Gladman wrote:I would actually place my KA hobby second to working out and body building. I've been totally hooked on training for the last 3.5 years and i've hit the gym pretty consistantly 5-6 days a week since I began. If I had to choose to give up the gym, or give up on cars. I'd probably toss the car. :shock:

Dont ask me to post pics, it just wont happen :oops:
So you're not a scrawny teenager any more?
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Wow, so many different interests in here but we do share a common one here, the love for the S chassis :)

I've expanded my RC hobby a bit since my original post. I wanted to see what electric was all about so I decided to pickup an 1/10 entry level RC car from Kyosho and upgraded it immediately. It was ~30ish mph stock. We trailed it in my Subaru down a side street and clocked it ~55mph after a spur gear change of 2 teeth. This thing has so much power that I can destroy a full set of tires in just one battery charge. Here's some pics:

It's a Kyosho EP Fazer Rally (weird name lol)

Upgraded from brushed motor/ESC to a Castle Creations Sidewinder V2 4600Kv brushless system. Used a 3-cell 5000mAh lipo to start with (that's 12.6 volts fully charged!)

Here are some more recent photos:

Fresh body:

So I played around with this for a few months and got interested in RC helis. Started on micro 3ch co-axial. Moved onto a micro 4ch co-axial. Mastered those pretty quick so I picked up a micro 4ch fixed pitch heli. That thing was fast but cheaply made and found myself breaking it all the time. So after a few crashes I decided to get something better. I picked up a the Blade MSR-X. It was a micro 4ch fixed pitch but was flybarless and was super responsive. I flew that around for a few months and decided to step up my game to something bigger. That's where I picked this bad boy up:

it's a Blade 450 3D:

This picture is after my 2nd crash. I got cocky and decided to try some stunts. BAD IDEA. After my 4th crash, I put it away for a while and started working on my 240 again lol
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

addicted to drifting. so much so i bought a go kart to do it in the offseason lol. yes a 30yr old man in a childs toy haha its awesome usta have super nitros! i was actually going to buy a drift rc and then chose the cart instead. ultimate plan is the motor goes into a custom mini bike for lime rock pits. actually really hooked on these little honda clone motors. soooo much u can do for free.... my 6.5 should be putting down closer to 10 hp now. people make 26 lol.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Go-karts are the ****! But, a 26HP mini bike sounds like a good time too haha!
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

grown man in a lil kart....

the video sound indicates whats going on more so than the visual as the angle is kinda shallow but you get the point. clearly ive cheated with leaves and crap, but its done so to exaggerate the necessity of throttle control and it does so very well. The slightest over throttle and you WILL spin - seen in the longer video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezMj2ib7bvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFCvFmMyPzk

i dont think the video tells how harry it is. given its a silly cart - the LINE is way more agressive and delicate than anything ive encountered drifting local venues. Just listen to the throttle, theirs a lot of off throttle and a good bit of partial throttle. i know it sounds silly but its a scary line. theres 2 dumpsters at the entrance (by camera), the apex transitions into woods and can boot you, and the exit is all chain link fence. you can reeeally scrape the fence but spins get pretty scary. next time ill upload tandem runs!

the karts got quite a bit of modification done to it - all freeish though. it was a 2 person childrens kart so the steering colum/assembly/wheel and tie rods had to be choped relocated and rewelded. pedals moved and extended. bolsters were made for a center mount seat. custom 1" exhaust (conduit lol), drilled air box with foam filter (seat cushion lol). emulsifier tube off a 5hp for better low-mid range and main jets gone from a .027" to a .036". will prob slightly drill the poilot jet. governor removed.

schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

That thing is awesome man! Now just put a roll cage on and it's good to go! I take it that gear drives both wheels? My old kart I had when I was 14, was only propelled by 1 wheel lol. That looks like a pretty solid chassis. Must be a lil wierd drifting since you have to lean your body into the turn as well. Looks like a ton of fun though!
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Kamilitaryman wrote:That thing is awesome man! Now just put a roll cage on and it's good to go! I take it that gear drives both wheels? My old kart I had when I was 14, was only propelled by 1 wheel lol. That looks like a pretty solid chassis. Must be a lil wierd drifting since you have to lean your body into the turn as well. Looks like a ton of fun though!

thanks man! i actually cut the roll cage off of it, lol. it now fits in the back of my subaru - my only means of transporting it. it is indeed live axel. its quite the challenge to drive, a lot of people are having trouble with it. and i really think its good experience i can apply at the track. the throttle input is so critical, super easy to spin.

not sure if anyone can tell but im sliding all the way till past the front of that white boat.
500hpKA240sx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 500hpKA240sx »

My number one thing is cars. I would never give up my car for anything. she kept my sane in my hardest times and as much as I get pissed off at her I could never give it up. I will be racing till I die. other hobbies/interest I would have to say fabricating I love making something out of nothing and painting. I went to school for collision repair and fell in love with painting. the first time I painted a car and everyone that seen it drooled over it, I just felt so accomplished and I intent on opening up a shop that does everything, performance/bodywork/painting/tuning. I also like working out like insanity and t25, also running if I had decent shoes that didnt hurt my feet. I use to skateboard and bmx but not so much anymore just not enough hours in the day.
viewtopic.php?t=53160&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Paul Walker- 1973-2013 Race In Paradise. you will be forever missed
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

Recently I have been working on assembling a 3d printer and getting it working.
I have done a lot of design work at my internship and at school with Inventor and Solidworks, respectively.
I am currently in the process of making some real, functional, and printable NACA ducts and vortex generators.
Also kind of half working on a quadcopter that will be completed with a fully 3d printed chassis.

I will post some images here as I get them done.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
500hpKA240sx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 500hpKA240sx »

^^awesome
viewtopic.php?t=53160&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Paul Walker- 1973-2013 Race In Paradise. you will be forever missed
PeterLight
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by PeterLight »

Video games. My kids love 'em as well. Used to think of them as worthless noisy things on the telly, but somehow, I'm getting a hang of why kids and teens love them.