41%
Canada eh.
6%

Total votes: 32

Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re: National KA meet possibilities and interest

Post by Pjay240 »

cleantune wrote:I've checked it out, looks awesome! This seems like it would be a great venue to host the "once-a-year" event (plenty of parking and places to stay and eat in the area. Its kind of a hike from Philly, but if the predicted turnout for this event is huge and it is once a year, I would consider making the trip out.

I was trying to figure out ways we could increase the turnout for this event too. I came up with a few that maybe we could discuss:

-first of all and obviously, extensive planning
-some kind of media coverage ( even if its just for local forums, Fb, etc.)
-Make it a charity event or event for another good cause
-try to get a few sponsors for the event (even if its just local businesses)
-maybe combine with multiple forums or another event
-maybe some contests, raffles, giveaways, etc

let me know what you guys think :]

Those are all good ideas and most of them i have thought of. There is a local drifting event group out here that holds all of their events at this track. All of their events are sponsored. I am sure we can talk to them about doing a event to coincide with our event. I think that their sponsors might also be interested in sponsoring the event. We could probably get some of the ka-t forum sponsors to also sponsor the event and get media coverage like SouthrnFresh and Laced Up to cover it. If i can get one more definite person to help me out i will start working on it to get things rolling.
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

^That would be great!
Do you need someone local, or would email, cell and text be sufficient?

For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

cleantune wrote:.
^That would be great!
Do you need someone local, or would email, cell and text be sufficient?

both would be great. i have experience in setting up and hosting events such as meets and car shows and its a tough job for just one person. a 3 person team is best. private message me your contact info and i will send mine to you in return.
Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

How many of you would be interested in drifting? Looking at limiting this event to 100 spots total as we have limited space and limited funds to rent out the track. It would most probably be held on a Saturday in June of 2014.
arob987
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by arob987 »

I'd be interested on coming but I won't be drifting changing my setup from drift to more drag.the track isn't but 6 hours from me but for some that may be to far since its not center located I guess it would matter to who all actually planned to attend.
New turbo setup build in progress-11mm headstuds/cometic head gasket/jwt cam gears added,prec. 6266,gato mani,prec.46mm wg,bigger fmic,mspnp2,z32 trans,spec twin,q45 rear,full energy bushings. Still need injectors,and a few other small things

Old setup-ka24de-wiseco 9:1 pistons,eagle rods,arp studs,jwt s1 cams,brian crower springs and retainers,jgs log mani,t3 57trim .63 a/r,tomei 740cc,38mm turbonetics evolution wastegate,synapse bov,ebay fmic,nistune,j30 lsd.5 speed swap,z32 brakes F&R.
Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

arob987 wrote:I'd be interested on coming but I won't be drifting changing my setup from drift to more drag.the track isn't but 6 hours from me but for some that may be to far since its not center located I guess it would matter to who all actually planned to attend.
That is a valid point that you bring up and i totally get it. Another thing to look at is that there are other events that people travel well over 6+hours to go to that are not centrally located and are only meets. For example, one of the people that is helping get things together for this owns a S13, S14 and a Miata. He goes to a meet that is 13 hours away and a Miata meet that is 8 hours away. I understand that some people dont want to risk breaking something on their car on the way here or back home but that is a risk alot of people are willing to take. We are considering making this event open to all Nissan's not just 240's and to include a car show and drifting competition. Those are just some of the things i am working on to make it more appealing nationally.
arob987

Post by arob987 »

I understand being devoted to driving to a meet,willing to risk it,ect but not everyone is financially able to make a 8+ hour trip or even wanna drive that far or able to trailer some will some wont,the idea was to have a KA meet originally so you may be knocking off over half the ka people and making it more of a general meet that you already have.I understand you need more people to make a venue happen so you mix it from Ka to Nissan ect but you still want it to be geared towards Ka's at least on this forum.you have to start somewhere so if its a Ka based event then maybe choose a cheaper place to meet for the first few meets as it grows then get better/bigger places.that's if you plane to get more Ka's together,because honestly I can go to a local meet and drift event to meet with all Nissans. True people drive 8+ hours for meets but those meets are generally a 2-3 day event me personally I'm not driving much over 6 hours for a 1 day event unless it was a KA based event to help it grow.and then its based toward a drift event not everyone that owns a 240 are drifters,so you knock out that part of the Ka people that are far.most drift entry are around 75-100 dollars a drag strip test n tune after meeting somewhere cheaper and cruise to the track with a 20 dollar entry to run may be easier for some everyone can race down a track in a friendly manner not everyone can drift at an event wheather it be finances or skill or setup.I'm looking at it from a drift and drag type deal I'm not biased I enjoy both.

I think its great your trying to get a meet going and plan it out those are just things to consider,so i guess its just depends whose the meet geared toward,not trying to give you a hard time or disagree with you but those are just my thoughts on it as far as KA meet goes.

Sorry for any run on sentences or misspellings but I'm on my phone.
New turbo setup build in progress-11mm headstuds/cometic head gasket/jwt cam gears added,prec. 6266,gato mani,prec.46mm wg,bigger fmic,mspnp2,z32 trans,spec twin,q45 rear,full energy bushings. Still need injectors,and a few other small things

Old setup-ka24de-wiseco 9:1 pistons,eagle rods,arp studs,jwt s1 cams,brian crower springs and retainers,jgs log mani,t3 57trim .63 a/r,tomei 740cc,38mm turbonetics evolution wastegate,synapse bov,ebay fmic,nistune,j30 lsd.5 speed swap,z32 brakes F&R.
Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

arob987 wrote:I understand being devoted to driving to a meet,willing to risk it,ect but not everyone is financially able to make a 8+ hour trip or even wanna drive that far or able to trailer some will some wont,the idea was to have a KA meet originally so you may be knocking off over half the ka people and making it more of a general meet that you already have.I understand you need more people to make a venue happen so you mix it from Ka to Nissan ect but you still want it to be geared towards Ka's at least on this forum.you have to start somewhere so if its a Ka based event then maybe choose a cheaper place to meet for the first few meets as it grows then get better/bigger places.that's if you plane to get more Ka's together,because honestly I can go to a local meet and drift event to meet with all Nissans. True people drive 8+ hours for meets but those meets are generally a 2-3 day event me personally I'm not driving much over 6 hours for a 1 day event unless it was a KA based event to help it grow.and then its based toward a drift event not everyone that owns a 240 are drifters,so you knock out that part of the Ka people that are far.most drift entry are around 75-100 dollars a drag strip test n tune after meeting somewhere cheaper and cruise to the track with a 20 dollar entry to run may be easier for some everyone can race down a track in a friendly manner not everyone can drift at an event wheather it be finances or skill or setup.I'm looking at it from a drift and drag type deal I'm not biased I enjoy both.

I think its great your trying to get a meet going and plan it out those are just things to consider,so i guess its just depends whose the meet geared toward,not trying to give you a hard time or disagree with you but those are just my thoughts on it as far as KA meet goes.

Sorry for any run on sentences or misspellings but I'm on my phone.

Again all your points are valid but if its only going to be a meet for just ka owners then i dont see wasting my time over it. Just trying to keep things going and make it more of a reality since no one else seems to really care.
arob987

Post by arob987 »

If its not worth wasting your time over, if that's how you see it then I don't think you the guy to take over the torch cause this was labeled national KA meet I thought that was the point.that's ideal but not gonna be feasible I know but it should be geared toward ka people. Or in another thread called national Nissan meet.you say no one cares but some people do care but don't have time to plan,organize,carry it out you sounded like that guy until your last post.but good luck either way those are just my .02 everyone has there own and may not feel the way I do.im not gonna be upset over it just voicing my opinion.

Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

For a National KA meet its not worth my time. Regional yea sure its worth it but just for KA's its not worth renting a track for a day @ $2500. It also appears to me according to the pole that a majority of the people in the South East are willing to travel, where is the other areas arent so willing to travel. I know that a majority of the south east region is 6 hours or less drive time to New Orleans.
arob987

Post by arob987 »

I stated about meeting at a cheaper place I know a 2500 day for a track would be overkill and a waste but I wasn't aware we were going for the biggest event just something for most ka people to gather togheter.

The poll isnt who is willing to travel but from where there traveling from. And going by the poll that's cutting out 60% of the people wanting to attend

cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

Hi everyone! I just want to cut in real quick to clear some things up.

-First, on the topic of a KA-ONLY meet:
Marcus wrote:I'd like to add that I have no intentions of excluding anybody. If you have a KA NA welcome. Same goes to down turbo cars, people that used to have one (even if they have a sr20 now :wink: ), and so I mean no limitations on what motor or brand shows up. Just this community actually becoming a community.
...so by request of the OP, other obstacles associated with organizing this meet (which I'll mention shortly) and most importantly purely for the sake of getting this forum's members (and others who are interested) together for a fun day or weekend- at the moment, this meet is not going to be KA-only; more of a "KA-mainly, Nissan-friendly"; and all the KA's can still park in one section of the lot, I think we can all make that happen :D . *I must emphasize "at the moment" because as of right now there is a higher probability of a full lot if the meet is open to all Nissans; instead of just the KA-powered Nissans.

-A Large official meet is more than just a bunch of cars in a parking lot. Large official meets require extensive planning, scheduling, legal authorization (permission or renting fee), organization and of course people who are willing to go. Most often the legal authorization comes in the form of a fee that must be paid partially up front and in full a few days right before the event. Now we can ask people "are you going?" all we want, but we don't know who actually goes until that day. As of right now, unless we get a very generous donation from a sponsor or individual, there will be an admission for attendance (we are working on what this will be).

In an attempt to combat the risk of not clearing the balance due on the lot rental, we are looking into ways to lower this risk by exploring incentives to help increase attendance; one of which is a "drift event". On a side note: the drift event is just a part of the event, its not the whole event. Everyone who goes, does not have to drift or pay the "track fee" to do so if they are not planning on drifting. *track fee will be determined when the admission for parking is determined.The drift event will be official; complete with the NOLA track's own safety crew, fire crew, and track officials.

The exact opposite of this is our other obstacle: an overflow of attendees. We are working on solutions to this as well.

- This meet is still at the beginning stages; however, it DOES have a direction. Getting this meet together is a process and its FOR EVERYONE on here! As such, everyone's ideas are welcome (please try to keep them positive) and updates will be posted as they become available.

arob987

Post by arob987 »

I never said it only had to be ka only.also the idea was for this community coming together as a community never said let's have the biggest meet ever. I'm apart of the ls community they have lsfest its going to be geared toward more vehicles with ls.I thought this was trying to be geared to the ka community not I'm sorry if I was wrong on that part.
Your trying to get people to drive 6+ hours for a 1 day drift event and think its a large national event a national event like your thinking would be 2-3 day event.your basically doing a Nissan import alliance.they are large events multiple days and located more center of everyone.

A large official meet doesn't have to be as large as you think it does.official ka meet doesn't have to have every Nissan everywhere attend,I'm not stupid a national ka meet would be hard to do and be very small but the idea of it is to grow larger so you don't have that problem.but getting this started doesn't seem to be the goal it seem just have a large event for every nissan.which I'm fine with just don't label it national ka meet.and if you to start small you go to cheaper events may it be a lunch,parking lot,go to another hosted track event where EVERYONE ATTENDING can participate if they wish.but with it just starting it would have to be a drag strip you don't have to rent the track just psy to spectate($10) or run($20) then every one can have fun and next year you get more people of its a success a couple times.then try to book with another drag event to make something like a drift and drag track expenses won't be as high.we done it with our local drift group now they host there own events at a track 4 times a year and growing when we started it was a small turnout just enough to cover the track cost (not make profit)just because we enjoyed it,now it actually make profit from the events.
I never said everyone has to drift that attends I've been to lots of meets I know there's spectator fees and drivers fees just saying it doesn't give everyone the option to participate if they like and attend.I'm not sure how much event your planning to have for 1 day but sounds like only time for a drift event.renting Nola sound like the only thing you guys have considered renting I'm sure there are less pricey events to get it started if that were the main goal.

You guys hosting an event is fine call it what you want I hope it turns out great.I really do,and sorry if you think im being negative about it but just voicing my opinion.glad you cleared everything up is all im going to say, i like this forum so I'm not gonna start any arguments, im just gonna leave it alone and let it be ive said what i had to say,if you dont like me cause of it thats ok I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. I would love to keep debating and go more into detail about it but I really don't have time I should be packing to move this weekend my gf is alreadu upset cause I stopped to respond here.

cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

arob987 wrote:I never said it only had to be ka only.also the idea was for this community coming together as a community never said let's have the biggest meet ever. I'm apart of the ls community they have lsfest its going to be geared toward more vehicles with ls.I thought this was trying to be geared to the ka community not I'm sorry if I was wrong on that part.
Your trying to get people to drive 6+ hours for a 1 day drift event and think its a large national event a national event like your thinking would be 2-3 day event.your basically doing a Nissan import alliance.they are large events multiple days and located more center of everyone.

A large official meet doesn't have to be as large as you think it does.official ka meet doesn't have to have every Nissan everywhere attend,I'm not stupid a national ka meet would be hard to do and be very small but the idea of it is to grow larger so you don't have that problem.but getting this started doesn't seem to be the goal it seem just have a large event for every nissan.which I'm fine with just don't label it national ka meet.and if you to start small you go to cheaper events may it be a lunch,parking lot,go to another hosted track event where EVERYONE ATTENDING can participate if they wish.but with it just starting it would have to be a drag strip you don't have to rent the track just psy to spectate($10) or run($20) then every one can have fun and next year you get more people of its a success a couple times.then try to book with another drag event to make something like a drift and drag track expenses won't be as high.we done it with our local drift group now they host there own events at a track 4 times a year and growing when we started it was a small turnout just enough to cover the track cost (not make profit)just because we enjoyed it,now it actually make profit from the events.
I never said everyone has to drift that attends I've been to lots of meets I know there's spectator fees and drivers fees just saying it doesn't give everyone the option to participate if they like and attend.I'm not sure how much event your planning to have for 1 day but sounds like only time for a drift event.renting Nola sound like the only thing you guys have considered renting I'm sure there are less pricey events to get it started if that were the main goal.

You guys hosting an event is fine call it what you want I hope it turns out great.I really do,and sorry if you think im being negative about it but just voicing my opinion.glad you cleared everything up is all im going to say, i like this forum so I'm not gonna start any arguments, im just gonna leave it alone and let it be ive said what i had to say,if you dont like me cause of it thats ok I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. I would love to keep debating and go more into detail about it but I really don't have time I should be packing to move this weekend my gf is alreadu upset cause I stopped to respond here.
Would you like to be a part of our team and help us organize this?

Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

After the first of the year i will be revisiting the idea of a southeastern regional meet for KA powered cars.
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

I forget if I posted this on here before or not, but this picture was from a Nissan meet in NJ from about 3-4 years ago. Just a little visual motivation for this KA meet:

There were s13s there too. Even though all of these were not kA powereed, it was still pretty cool to have everyone finally meet up in the same area.