RB25DET transmission shifter position

Advanced discussion of improving KA-T components
240sx-venezuela
240sx Wannabe

RB25DET transmission shifter position

Post by 240sx-venezuela »

Hi guys, I have a deal on a RB25DET transmission and before buying it I want to ensure the shifter seat in the tunnel hole without cutting it, anyone here still with ka24de and rb trans combo could share any picture to check shifter position, I've read it sits like 2 inches to the front of the car.
Walperstyle
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Re: RB25DET transmission shifter position

Post by Walperstyle »

Sorry for late reply. I come here maybe once per year.

The shifter can be relocated using parts from GKtech I believe. I think they have brackets and such for running different transmissions.

Edit: I honnestly can't remember though; I have too many different nissans right now, if it doesn't line up, just get the bracket.

My project right now is putting a Z32 transmission into a R34 GT-T of which has a R33 GTS Rb25det. I also have a blown AWD RB25 tranny. Things are getting even more confusing on my end.
240sx-venezuela
240sx Wannabe

Re: RB25DET transmission shifter position

Post by 240sx-venezuela »

Walperstyle wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:34 am Sorry for late reply. I come here maybe once per year.

The shifter can be relocated using parts from GKtech I believe. I think they have brackets and such for running different transmissions.

Edit: I honnestly can't remember though; I have too many different nissans right now, if it doesn't line up, just get the bracket.

My project right now is putting a Z32 transmission into a R34 GT-T of which has a R33 GTS Rb25det. I also have a blown AWD RB25 tranny. Things are getting even more confusing on my end.
Lol, thats too much info to digest, but z32 transmission gives you some advantage, you can cut the shifter linkage rod to compensate position, no too hard to do, the hardest part would be putting behind a RB25, wich is the same as ka24.