Using factory sliders to mount bucket seats

Advanced discussion of improving KA-T components
R34SR
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Using factory sliders to mount bucket seats

Post by R34SR »

First off, I know no one is going to read this because this place is dead...but i was bored and after what a chore this was, i thought id share.

First off let me start by saying, don't do this...its way too much work and effort, cutting, measuring, squaring, leveling, welding, wasting welding gas, drill bits, cutting discs etc.....just pay the $200+ per side from whoever and bolt it in, i chose to do it because people make out like its impossible to properly install bucket seats with factory sliders and retain enough room for a race Helmet so i was just curious if it can be done safely and securely ( those photos arent fully welded in yet). There was alot of modification needed to the brackets that came with my seats, along with modification of the slider release bar mechanism to allow the seat to sit this low without hitting the mechanism when actuated...Sorry i dont have photos of that and dont plan to since i dont recommend anyone do this much work...buy the damn brackets. If you do plan to do this, the number one most important thing to do is after you have the sliders removed from the OEM seat, you must bolt the sliders back in directly to the chassis....THEN weld a piece of Angle steel to both ends to keep it positioned exactly as it is in the car so that you can work on it comfortably outside the car.

BTW these seats are very comfortable and budget friendly. So far pretty happy.
Attachments
20220227_183226.jpg
20220227_183159.jpg
20220226_194613.jpg
20220227_183454.jpg
20220227_183504.jpg
20220227_183443.jpg
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
tuzzio
240sx Wannabe

Re: Using factory sliders to mount bucket seats

Post by tuzzio »

All that work for side mount seats, which is easy to get low in. I applaud your honesty in saying its a waste of time though.

Also, this place is dead. but I saw it.
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Re: Using factory sliders to mount bucket seats

Post by p00t »

You say waste of time but if it works well then it is worth it.

I bought a low profile bracket for my corbeau seat and have already had to repair it in 2 places after the sliders got stuck with the seat ALL the way back covering the rear bolts. :doh: So maybe some creative engineering would have been less time total in the end!
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022