Long time reader first time poster...

Introduce Yourself Here First!
Santa
NooB

Long time reader first time poster...

Post by Santa »

Posted originally in the SOHC area, but figured it probably fits better here as well. Thanks for all the forum posters over the years!

The car is finally complete after a number of years of work. Have owned it since new in March of 1990. All original except for the wheels and sunroof... well, and the mods below:

Started with the CX kit, and as a number of others have said, ended up using pretty much just the header and some of the intake parts. Downpipe had to be heavily modded, partially because of the kit’s clocking, but mainly because I wanted to plumb the waste gate exhaust back into the main exhaust. Also plumbed the BOV back in, retained the Swirl system…

The idea was to build the car Nissan would have made if they’d turboed the original SOHC on its introduction… tried to keep it ‘stock looking’. Still some to go with powder coating the intake plumbing crinkle black - but finally good enough to share…

Summary of the build:

Turbo: Turbonetics T3/T4, billet, ball bearing .63AR
ECU - stock with daughter board tune from JWT
MAF - ISR Z-32
Injectors - 800 cc/min Deutchwerks
Pistons - Areas forged
Rods - Eagle
Bearings - Clevite
Wastegate - Tial (7.5 psi)
BOV - gReddy
Exhaust - ISR
Clutch - JWT

Thanks to all of the regular posters here on the site for all of the documentation and advice… love the 240!

Would love to upload some photos direct to the forum... but the 'noob' keeps getting the 'cannot upload image' error (it's only 1.3 meg, jpg) so see the link below for a couple of shots.

https://imgur.com/a/PtCKej7
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Re: Long time reader first time poster...

Post by p00t »

If you edit your post and link to the full size images like this:

Code: Select all

[img] https://i.imgur.com/DNzDuVU.jpeg[/img]
It will show up in your post :) until the link inevitably changes...

Very cool build keeping it simple and fun. I used to run my recirculation pipe from the cold side like that but I changed it to the hot side to simplify the routing. I don't think it made a difference on how it responded. Just something to keep in mind if you feel like modifying it in the future.

So you are the original owner? That's impressive.
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022
Santa
NooB

Re: Long time reader first time poster...

Post by Santa »

@p00t - Thanks much, indeed have had it all that time. Always wanted to turbo it since I bought it, but something always took priority till now.

Crazy how hard it is to find parts now for the pig nose S13 with the SOHC KA. Plenty of parts for DOHC, and D21 SOHC, but some of the S13 parts just don't exist. IACV (AAC) is one... They're just not out there. SCV actuator was another. Turns out that one you can sub in one that the only difference is the direction the vacuum nipple points, but it'll fit and it works. Things like stock side lights (amber) - stuff that's been lost to the drift tax are almost impossible. My daughter got in a minor collision which started the whole restoration - there was precisely ONE bumper cover for the 89-90 car on the entire east coast, and that one had been in a junkyard for 17 years. The stock stuff is becoming rare-bear.