New turbo build

Introduce Yourself Here First!
saltyfloss
NooB

New turbo build

Post by saltyfloss »

I got my first car, a 1993 Nissan d21. It has 190,000 miles and I have no knowledge of the work it’s had done in the past. I got a t3/t04e .50 compressor and .63 exhaust China charger, manifold, external wastegate, blow off valve and fmu. I want to run low boost with the fmu for a month or two, like 3-4lbs of boost. I’m getting a nistune ecu, walbro fuel pump, 550cc injectors, and all the nice gauges to see what’s happening. That’s my general plan/ project direction i want to move in.today, I ran a compression test and got the following results:
Cylinder 1: 140
2: 147
3: 140
4: 130
The car has 190,000 miles. Is this healthy enough for a turbo? I want to rebuild it next summer but try and get the turbo in along with all the supportive goodies this summer. The car wasn’t warmed up and was angles uphill and the 4th cylinder was at the lowest elevation. Don’t know how these would effect the results.
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Re: New turbo build

Post by cleantune »

Hi, welcome to KA-T!

First, angle engine is sitting at won't effect compression, since you're essentially checking pressure inside a sealed "container"(cyclinder).

You can check out my build thread on here as well as others to get some ideas of how these projects started out if you havent already to get an idea for yours. Long story short: myself and others have made mistakes that we corrected that you can use to you're advantage to know what to do and what not to- saving you lots of time and $ 😉

Personally I would skip the FMU, while they work (raise fuel pressure with increased boost, a safer way is to just do injectors like you said, at least a 255lph fuel pump and then tune. I was actually running an OEM fpr for a little while. I was originally going to do an FMU, but decided not to in favor of above listed setup. Also highly recommend either a MAP sensor with an AIT sensor or recirculated BOV with a z32 MAF setup. Any questions feel free to PM me on here.

...speaking of I have a ka24de intake manifold with 555cc injectors and some egr block off stuff installed for sale 😄
For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing