Introductions

Introduce Yourself Here First!
miggytech
NooB

Post by miggytech »

Hi everyone, my name is Miguel. I've owned an S-Chassis since 2005. I bought my current car already KA-T about 3 years ago. I had to put a lot of elbow grease into getting it to run right though. Planning to do a complete rebuild soon since the bottom end is getting a little tired. I've been lurking here for a while - years i think, and figured it's finally time to join. :lol:
1993 240SX KA-T - In pieces/WIP :(
1992 VW Golf GL - Daily
sleeper96
NooB

Post by sleeper96 »

Whats up, my names is justin and im 24. I have a 96 240sx se that i got for trading a 00 jetta
2.0. It was in an accident so the front passenger fender and hood were bent and so is the sore support. So far ive gotten all new body pannels for the front and bumper and now just need the core support. Came with a whole lot of extra parts also. Turbo front mount ect. Plan on repainting and boosting for sure. Ill put pics up when i fix my camera on my phone or find a way to put some up. Happy to be part of the site :roll:
ajimmyadams
NooB

Post by ajimmyadams »

Hello Everyone.
I am jimmy Adams. How are you all. Well guys i hope that i haven't did a big mistake to join this forum... And i could meet and conversant with new friends.
ajimmyadams
NooB

Post by ajimmyadams »

Hello Everyone.
I am jimmy Adams. How are you all. Well guys i hope that i haven't did a big mistake to join this forum... And i could meet and conversant with new friends.
Kzzican
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Kzzican »

What up guys. Name is Scott M. (35) and I don't own 240sx, but I did just purchase a ka24de motor for a project im working on which I will post in the project forum. Look forward to sharing ideas and input on how to best build a ka-t.
Gangreens14
Dreams of owning a 240!

New Memebr

Post by Gangreens14 »

My name is Aaron and I am new to this forum and 240's. I am a muscle car guy at heart and never in a million years thought I would be building a 4 cylender 240. I am only 22, if that makes some of you uncomfortable, i am used to it. I got this car to use as my daily since my diesel is a hog. I drove it stock for 6 months with only agx on megan springs with supporting suspention arms from stance. I was supprised with the quality of the car I descided to keep it. Crusing one day got my a** handed to me by a stock sr in an s13 by some kid who thought he was "it". Well im sure you all know the rest. I got mad went home and researched for months before doing a thing. Made the descision to go ka. I would have been stupid not to. No one trades a 350ci chevy for a 305ci. With displacement on my side, I went with buying a backup engine, which turned into 3 haha, and buit that while i drove on the stock ka. Well to keep this from being a book ill end with my current situation. I have an assembled engine on the stand waiting on flywheel bolts to mate the trans to it and drop it in, yes used to be auto. Engine bay is all cleaned and sprayed. Ive used this sight so much for advise and inspiration i felt the need to post my story and knowldge ive learned. I am not the best with computers so ill try to do a build thread or something soon. I should have been paying attention in computer class instead of reading through summit mags for parts. Hello to all.
LostTrainingWheels
NooB

Introduction!

Post by LostTrainingWheels »

My name's Jacob, I currently live in Louisiana, i'm 18 years old... My first car was an 89 Bonneville supercharged. Sold it, got my first tuner. 98 Civic Coupe Blew my first motor within weeks... Replaced motor, lowered, rims, bolt ons, etc... Broke second gear (Damn stage one clutch), sold civic. Bought my first RWD. 91 Gray 240sx. Exterior is in overall great shape, other than some clear coat missing. Interior is pristine. Everything stock, well kept with 85,xxx miles. Bought for $1600 off of ebay, locally. :D I am lucky to be the SECOND owner of this car. I've been doing some here and there tune up stuff (Spark plugs, fuel filter, plug wires, etc.) It runs fantastically, but I want to do a little something to it. My buddy is giving me a smallish Garrett turbo, and I'd like to slap it on there, while keeping it reliable and cost effective. It is still my daily driver lol. :) I'm thinking non-intercooled turbo set up, but i don't know exactly how to go about it because I'm so used to Hondas and Hondata and ram horn manifolds, etc.
Pleasure meeting all of you! :P :P
goodley
NooB

Post by goodley »

hey, my name is james, im 18, i have a S14.5 with a KA-T 330WHP @ 16psi bored .20 over, it's my 3rd car. first was a '97 gmc sierra (i still have it), second was a '02 honda S2000 that had coilovers exhaust hardtop enkei's ect.. I was T-boned by an asshole in a eclipse who ran a red light... it was totaled... bought the 240 with the insurance $$

240s13x
NooB

Post by 240s13x »

Heyy there KA-T.org! My names Rich. I'm from Derry, NH and I'm 21 years old and I have a 1990 240sx hatch. I'm currently almost done doing my ka24de swap which I'm hoping will be boosted by summer time. I love this site because its very useful for info and the members on here rock! :evil:
Keep Drifting Fun
koukicrisp
NooB

Post by koukicrisp »

hello my name is sean i live in roy utah
ive owned my 1998 s14 se since october when i bought it all stock and all original
i dont like to flaunt but its kind of a rare gem...but it only ha 16xxx on everything
everything ive put on and bought i dont buy cars modded:)
Image[/img]
kylethestyle
NooB

Post by kylethestyle »

Hey guys. My name is Kyle, I own a 95 240SX and I'm from San Antonio, TX. I'm a starving artist and a poor college student who on his free time does nothing but read up on his car and buys the occasional part. I have parts just sitting in my apartment pissing my girlfriend off I'm sure. The only reason they're not on my car is that I need additional parts for them to work (i.e. 350z wheels with no tires and a car with 4 lug hubs). I plan to go KA-T, but I always feel the need for more information. I've been lurking various forums for the past few years, but never really posted. I hope to make around 250 whp with a S15 T28 setup.
KATizzle
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by KATizzle »

^good start. the t28 will prob get you a max of abt 270whp if you can tune good.
Boosted at July 16, 2009. Ran lean fried the rings a week later. Finally blew in November. Pulled the motor out, put in a fully built one February. Exactly a month later spun a bearing NA. 50K mile stock engine and trans in at August. Still running now... Spent 6k for a stock 240 :( I still don't wanna get rid of it
Coupe92

Post by Coupe92 »

Zach here, been lurking for a good 2 years. Been driving my 92 coupe (who wouldve thought) for around 2 years, and have been pumping boost into the stock block KA for about 8 months now. Isis t25 setup still going strong with about 5k miles on it, hoping to eventually make the change to a bigger turbo, maybe a Holset hy35.
Gabriels Rage
NooB

Post by Gabriels Rage »

Hello! First of all, thank you to all of the members and founders’ of this site! Without it (and you guys), I would be completely clueless...

My name is Gabriel (20), and I’m a 240sx virgin. :oops: I’ve been in the car scene for many years, and have been following drifting and the 240sx scene along the way... I’m finally at a point in my life where I can pursue my dreams of owning a 240sx and begin drifting. With that being said...

I’m moving to the Tampa Bay/Clearwater, Florida area on approximately June 1st, and I will be looking for my first 240sx there (but by far not my first car! lol). I was hoping to meet KA-T members here who might be willing to point me in the right direction with the local scene, tracks, and shops. As well as potentially show me the ropes in the world of 240’s.

I have many ideas for my car once I get it, but to simplify it for now; I’m planning on building the car to be my daily driver (work, school, etc.) and occasional drifter when I can afford it and it is safe to do so. I’m starting out looking for ~250hp/230lbs.ft, using a KA24DE-T setup, with the possibility for expansion in the future. The idea is to obtain the most fun and performance capable, while still maintaining decent fuel efficiency and moderate reliability (well, as much reliability you can get out of an abused car! lol).
I’m full of questions (but I have done tons of research), but I will do more searching and find the appropriate places to ask so as not to clutter this thread.

Thank you for reading, and happy turboing!! :D
Gotenks64
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Gotenks64 »

Hello all, I have a KA-T hopefuly I can start it soon!!
SWAGGAKING
Learners Permit

MY INTRO

Post by SWAGGAKING »

Greetings all
I have a 97 Alty SE turbo
Had it for 10 yrs went thru 3 motors.
Live in BK NY
Post pic if i can from my phone. Computer is down
Name is Mike aka Shadow
31 YRS old
GOD FIRST
BOOST SECOND
Southern clown
NooB

Post by Southern clown »

Hey ppl, names Chris, came by to do some lurkin and surfin. Picked up a pig nose for my wife, thinking of ways to make it better.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Southern clown wrote:Hey ppl, names Chris, came by to do some lurkin and surfin. Picked up a pig nose for my wife, thinking of ways to make it better.
Make what better: the wife, the marriage, or the car?

Welcome.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
0m3r

Post by 0m3r »

Hey, Im omar from mishawaka Indiana. I got a 91 hatchback, with a rebuilt ka24de with stock internals :) [/url]
1bdapl

Post by 1bdapl »

Hello. My name is Tony and I recently aquired a 97 240 with a bashed KA-T. Starting over and found that some of the motor issues may have been caused by the way this was built. Starting over and learning as I go.
Abjerk
Learners Permit

Post by Abjerk »

Hey my name is Eric I'm from Wisconsin. I am currently building my 1990 240SX KA-T DE swap. I'll be posting my build in the pictures thread shortly! :)
Irresistible
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Irresistible »

Hey guys, my name's Steve. Looking to boost my dual cam, never done anything like this before, but I plan on tackling it myself.
Mr. Zoheb

Post by Mr. Zoheb »

Hey there guys, my name is Zoheb. I have a '90 S13 with '92 KA24DE motor, I have done quite a few things to my car, which I'll be documenting in my build thread over in the KA-T Picture Thread. I have plans on a stealth KA-T kit, which will go on soon.
pakii-afa
Learners Permit

Post by pakii-afa »

hey my name is pakii
im 21
i live in oshawa ontario
own a 86 200sx,
hoping to build ka24et :)
JVkouki
NooB

New guy

Post by JVkouki »

Hey guys, been lurking for a while but now I'm out here to say whats up.

I have a 5 spd 98 s14 silver moss, live in South NJ and plan on going KA-T very soon.
s4teen
NooB

Post by s4teen »

Hey guys im Reggie from va
I own a 95 240sx
Currently na hopefully ka-t soon
I love the wealth of info here which is why I joined
Thank you for this awesome site!
Factory oil squirters? Thats sexy
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Welcome guys. Loads of info here and no douchery.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
kylethestyle
NooB

Post by kylethestyle »

Coupe92 wrote:Zach here, been lurking for a good 2 years. Been driving my 92 coupe (who wouldve thought) for around 2 years, and have been pumping boost into the stock block KA for about 8 months now. Isis t25 setup still going strong with about 5k miles on it, hoping to eventually make the change to a bigger turbo, maybe a Holset hy35.
Sorry to bump **** from a year ago, but how much boost were you pushing out of that turbo? I thought about going with that isis thing.
MSRTom
NooB

Post by MSRTom »

Tom checking in here from SC. 91 Hatch, just starting to do some real work on it.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Welcome to the board - there is more to learn on this board than my brain can handle! I hope we can help you out as much as we can.

BTW, which part of SC? I'm in the Anderson/Pendleton/Clemson area.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.