Introductions

Introduce Yourself Here First!
Boonetang
NooB

Re: Introductions

Post by Boonetang »

hi there i'm Boone from austin tx.

ABOUT ME
---i had a 95 240sx when i was 16 untill i forgot about that one stop sign...
---now im 25
---i am a machinist and tig welder, machining experience from non auto stuff, and welding exp from bicycles. i can tig titanium!
---i have rebuilt a toyota 22r .020 over, with big cam, oversized stainless valves, port and polish by me, and big carb. got 10,000 miles on it so far and running great. its sitting in my daily driven 1981 2wd toyota pickup
---i have a yz250
---i really want a solid, non street legal drift car, that runs 11s for fun. i love drifting, and i think rallycross is BORING. sorry to hate.

i recently got a ka24de block and head that was all rusty and had a melted piston. i managed to get it apart, and my auto machinist says it will clean up with .040 pistons. the head should be okay with a valvejob and .020 off of it. im saving for forged rods and pistons. 9.5 to 1 i guess...

im having my first baby due march and make $18 and hour so im on an extreme budget (but daddy needs another toy). i am reading all the megasquirt stuff, i decided megasquirt 2 it is. i plan on building the motor NA on megasquirt first, then add turbo as my wallet allows. overall goals are 450/450 to the wheels. i hope that gets me 11s. e85 and meth injection are things i dont really want to use...

i will make knuckles and all my suspension stuff like control arms and multi link stuff. hopefully my machining/bicycle building exp will pay off.

i will look for a s13 hatch or s14 shell when my motor is built.

thank you everyone, this site has already been THE BIGGEST HELP EVER. i could NEVER do something like this otherwise.

tell me if any thing i just said sounds stupid or crazy

-Boone Cruse
Poppadrift
NooB

Post by Poppadrift »

I'm 63 years young. I've had to wait 40+ years to get my second project car. I was introduced to drifting by my daughter. A year and a half ago I bought a 93 240 coupe shell. No engine or trans and no front bumper. It did have a louvered fiberglass hood, a J30 vlsd, and some old Kei Office coilovers.
I cleaned up the engine bay.
Got a CX Racing radiator.
Now it has a built NA KA24DE. I replaced the coilovers with some BC's and changed most of the suspension to Megan adjustable arms.
A friend hooked me up with Smoking Gun Custom Powder Coating and they are doing wheels and other details for me.
The stock sharknose has an East Bear lip. I put a Rocket Bunny spoiler on the trunk lid. I know that many in the 240 community hate the headlights I bought. I wanted to try something different and I'll decide whether to keep them after all the new body parts are painted to match the rest of the car.

Forgot to say I will be adding a turbo once finances permit.
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

This is cool!
Welcome aboard!
If you like the headlights, keep them; it's your car to do as you see fit.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
DZTireSlayer
Learners Permit

Post by DZTireSlayer »

Hey my name is Jacob, I'm from Smiths Falls Ontario. I have a 93 coupe with a KA-T. This is my 3rd motor, bored this one out .40 tuned by myself with a AEM FIC6. Just got ahold of 750cc injectors so I'm cranking up the boost this year!

dimsumboy
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by dimsumboy »

Hello everyone. I'm not actually new. I made my account here like 5 years ago I think. I'm surprised I remembered the password. I've been here reading and researching but haven't really posted much. Anyways, my ka-t is almost done, but I most probably will sell it soon. This is by far the best site for the ka-t community and one of the most mature forums.
Soekraights
Learners Permit

Post by Soekraights »

Hello to all,

I own a '91 S13 coupe driven on the daily around the STL area. Primer "black" with 50mm overs on the rear, awaiting the new ones from Origin thanks to a co-worker who can't drive, and a Kouki front end waiting on a hood sitting in the shop. I will be partaking in the DE-R faction of this forum and trying to pry knowledge from every corner of it. I have had the idea nipping me in the brain for quite some time and after countless hours of search and research purchases have been made and it has crossed the precipice so I figured it was time to start a build thread(all be it a slow one). Keep an eye out for it, it will be an water to air intercooled remote mounted Eaton M90 fed DE. Looking forward to being part of a place I have already visited so much.
LONG LIVE THE THIRD PEDAL!!!

BUILD:http://www.ka-t.org/viewtopic.php?f=42& ... 1cd1264261

WTB:
KOUKI HOOD
USDM KOUKI PASS. SIDE HEADLIGHT OR JUST THE PLASTIC LENS
Homeboy
NooB

Post by Homeboy »

sup yall

im from chicago and just joined today since i want to go ka-t after my ca18det ate it

i drive this pile
25outlaw
NooB

Post by 25outlaw »

Hello From Iowa.
slowly gathering the parts to turbo my 1998 240.
parts in possession:
Ebay intercooler kit
ProEFI 128 with Flex fuel
Apexi BOV
Walrbro 450 fuel pump
no name top feed fuel rail (will probably replace this with a new one)
misc parts

Parts Needed:
Turbo (PTE 5858 BB or GTX3071?)
Turbo manifold
injectors
FPR/ Filters
misc parts.

looking for 350 for now as its stock internals.

-Matt-
glitch
NooB

Post by glitch »

Hey all.
I always hit up the intro section to see if I can linkup or make friends
with people still in the scene. Damn...last post was April of this year.
This community seems a bit more technically oriented than the...other 240sx sites... x]

Got my s13 and going to go with a ka24et build. Never had a project car, just a daily that I couldn't have break down on me.
So this will be a fresh change of pace. Been doing a lot of research on the KA, and this is the best forum out there when it comes to that!
Following this: http://www.ka-t.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5597
But I'm afraid of legality in CA. Live in SF. They like their air here, just wish it didn't conflict with my interests.
Shout out to this community for posting, s/o to the mods!

New members, hit me up! PM/msg me.
Yondaime
NooB

Post by Yondaime »

Newbie here!

Kevin from Texas
Got a 95 240sx planning going ka-t when I get more overtime from work :)
I work at fabrication shop running a plasma machine
95 s14 w/ stock KA (for now) lowered on Feal 441 suspension , tanabe hyper medallion cat-back exhaust
PatPutter14

Post by PatPutter14 »

Great website. Im new hello all!
Theres no Replacement for Displacement! Machine it Right the First Time....
PatPutter14

Post by PatPutter14 »

Nice rim color! :)
Theres no Replacement for Displacement! Machine it Right the First Time....
andyduenas
NooB

Post by andyduenas »

Im Andy, I live in Nevada and have a 1995 S14 that I am building.I have 2 KA24 motors, 1 freshly rebuilt and another that I'm looking to turbo. Joined KA-T.org to learn. I've seen the old website with KA-T cars blowing the doors off Vetts, Ferrari's, Lambo's and others!!! WAY TO GO KA-T's!!!
Racecrafter
NooB

Post by Racecrafter »

Good day to you all here on the KA-T forums. Though not new to automotive I am new to the realm of building Nissan/Datsun cars and engines.

I am 46yo and still play with cars. My previous projects have been a plenty usually dealing with V8's with a bowtie on them :) My last project of my own was in 2002 when I built a Suzuki Swift GT for Rally racing having turbo'd the little 1.3L 4 banger for the Group 5 class.

My latest plunge into a build/project is a KA-T powered 240/260z. Having proverbially put the horse(power) before the car(t) I know that it's the other way around but I mean that I am building the engine before I get the chassis started. I have found that the info hear has been a great help to get this project kicked off.
rods13
NooB

Post by rods13 »

My name is Rodrigo from council bluffs Iowa. I own an 89 240sx and my goal is of course to turbo my ka24e
SoundEfx
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoundEfx »

J here from the PNW.
First 240, but not the first Nissan. I also have a boosted QR25 B15.

Now I'm here to get help tackling this boosted KA that was built very very cheaply (facepalm).
Image << Yuh dun know!!
Cross......... Angry........ Miserable.........
SoundEfx up in here causing trouble......
"I'm a BAD man... BAD man doh dance..." ...... " That bam-bam is ..MINE..!! "
J3diMinD
NooB

Post by J3diMinD »

Hey I've looked here for information on a car I didn't even own! Lol, but I finally decided to get one now that my other car is finished. I bought an Auto 93 s13 Coupe! I am coming out an EVO 10 GSR. I'm very happy to move on!!!!

This is such a versatile chassis and I'm hoping to enjoy learning more about it and hopefully taking it to a road course in '15! Oh yeah I never ever talk on forums, but you know what!!! *uck that!!! I'm here to learn, I don't know everything and I'd rather not waste money learning!!!!!! Lol.

Currently out of SC, no car inspections!!! :) + My web etiquette is probably real bad, so figure me lol.

1st project 5 spd swap!
Kookiemonster
NooB

Post by Kookiemonster »

Hi guys, I'm Ryan from Hamilton Ontario. 96 ka with the common face lift. Makes ok power but emissions tests hold me from going further. :violin:

johnnysombrero
NooB

Post by johnnysombrero »

Hello, long time first time...

Nate from Arlington, VA. I have a 1998 S14 that I bought with a bottom mount t25 setup that never ran right for the previous owners. Its been sitting, and I've resolved to actually make it move under its own power again. Just doing my due diligence in posting here first before I ask stupid questions. Thanks for being a great resource!
lilbill0
NooB

Post by lilbill0 »

Hey there guys!!!

Nick, 25 from springfield IL. Have a 90 hatch swapped to a DE, working on getting my ka-t running right. Typical mods coils, z32 brakes, suspension/steering mods, etc. Glad to finally be a member, been watching this forum for a couple years.
Red95
NooB

Post by Red95 »

IMG_3249.JPG
Hi everyone,

Im Jonathan from Roanoke, Virginia.

In 1995 I bought a new 240sx, but I traded it in for a '95 Supra.

About 3 years ago I bought my 2nd 1995 240sx
I've spent most of my time and money trying to maintain it but the few upgrades include:
Heads port and polished
stillen cross-drilled rotors and pads
HKS cat-back
AEM intake

I am about 2 hours away from jgy customs and I just put a deposit on a GT28 Turbo there.
I will be using the :text-search: a lot
Ruddedawg9515
NooB

Post by Ruddedawg9515 »

Hey guys how's it going, I'm new to the forum and I'm excited to find out more info on the KA24DE. I own a 1972 datsun 1200 coupe and my plans are to put in a ka24de. I've had 3 SR20s and I've had bad luck with them so I want to try a KA
jmizell2
NooB

Post by jmizell2 »

I am an experienced 240sx owner. I've had my car since 2006. Now it's a KAt. My tag is NOTANSR. I live in Gainesville, Fl and may actually sell my car. Nice to meet all you nice folks
samsmith150
NooB

Post by samsmith150 »

hello, i am sam smith working as a content writer at Ozassignment. We provide best assignment help in australia.
Need best assignment help in australia.
Antonio94
NooB

Post by Antonio94 »

Hi everyone! I'm Antonio, 23 years old, and honestly I haven't officially own any car yet. My father has a Ford Fiesta 2013, nowadays he doesn't have to go to work much so I get to drive it more frequently. Still I don't consider that one is mine so... well, I hope to get my own car, some day.
Thanks!
Titanium240
NooB

Post by Titanium240 »

Robert here from Miami. Looking for and old turbo240 fuel rail complete. I know it’s a long shot but I figured I’d ask!
Attachments
Mine
Mine
Myst69

Post by Myst69 »

Oops I already started a thread on my 93 hardbody 4X4 boost project but here goes. My name is Clayton I am a heavy diesel mech. for DOT in Washington state. This is my first time trying my hand at turbo charging a small 4 cylinder engine but I’m hopeful because I know Nissans are built to last. Just finished the head gasket which was blown almost into pieces, 212k miles but lots of life left in it. Curious about tuning etc. I just received my megasquirt v2 in the mail the other day but have no idea what’s next. Thanks for having me.
trixz
NooB

Post by trixz »

Hello, I'm Joe! First time here trying to get myself into turbocharging my 240sx. This site has a lot of great info so far.