Introductions

Introduce Yourself Here First!
scottaj1unc
NooB

Post by scottaj1unc »

Hey all - I'm Scott, 23 from Charlotte, NC. Just got out of school and started working (aka improving my cash flow) and am in the market for a 240. Found this site through a 240 buddy. My automotive tastes have been all over the place. Started with an '88 RX-7 convertible - absolutely loved it (blew it up). Moved on to a v6 accord (read=boring), a mk3 jetta vr6, and ended up with a '91 mustang which has lasted for a few years. While I love that car, I've been researching and looking into picking up a 240 for about 2 years - I still dont know much about them, but I'm finally getting serious about buying one. Enough about all that.

I go to just about every type of racing events - rolex/grand am (VIR multiple times a year), ALMS, drift events, IHRA/NHRA, NASA/SCCA, 24 hours of Lemons, trips to TOTD, etc. Done a little autoX and drag racing at various points over the past few years. I'd love to do some HPDE or any sort of track day events.

Glad to be a part of the forum, and I've got plenty of reading to do to catch up!
1997s14kouki
NooB

Post by 1997s14kouki »

sup fellas!! my namess Lu and i drive a s14. ive had the car about 5months now and its my first car. i ***** love it! is bonestock tho. im planning to turbo somtime in the future.

jst one QUESTION! whats the KA-T mpg? it will be my DD car llol
Unseenhybrid
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Unseenhybrid »

Hello, my name is Brandon and I live in Houston TX. I am currently building a 93 240sx hatch that will hopefully have about 450whp and run 10's in the quarter (hopefull ;). The car is for my dad and I hope he will like it.
Plan B Motorsports... the first idea never works
moneymaker07893
Learners Permit

Post by moneymaker07893 »

hey guys how you doing.. my names vinny and im from long island ny. im 17 years old and loves cars. i got my first car last year and its a 2005 1.8s sentra 5 speed. good car to learn stick on i guess lol. i crave speed haha so i neeed anotheer car. i want a 91 s13 fastback and wanna make it very fast. i have alot of money saved since i cant buy anything for my car lol. if somebody could find me a low miles 91 s13 fastback that would be great. mostly stock tho please. and i cant figure how to put a pic of my sentra not like its important anyway haha
L
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by L »

Hello,

Currently looking for an s13 for a DD. Always wanted one but always beat around the bush to get one. Hopefully will find one in the near future!
tom550
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Re: Long Time Lurker

Post by tom550 »

ttr187 wrote:Hey what's up everybody. I'm Tony from Florida and I'm driving a 95 S14. It has been a work in progress since I bought it a few years ago. I would like to do a turbo setup one day and I'm always doing research here. I have not contributed much even though I have been a member for a while, because I have not really done much to my car. Every time I have a question about the KA I search on here and find an answer. This form is great.
Image[/img]
haha sorry i know this was posted months ago, but this car would look way better lowered. it looks great now. just better lowered.
93nismo
NooB

Post by 93nismo »

im mikey. ive had my s13 for a little over 2 years now. ive been lurking on zilvia for most of the time ive owned it. ive been slowly gathering knowledge on the s chassis in general. but now id like to rebuild a duel cam and possible boost it. so im here to hopefully learn what i need to learn in order to do it successfully. i have next to no knowledge on kat's or turboed motors at all at the moment. so i don't think ill be tackling the whole turbo thing for a while. but i will be rebuilding a duel cam whenever i decide to acquire one. im looking forward to learning about it. hopefully ill be able to find most of what i need to know without making useless posts.
tx240s14
NooB

Post by tx240s14 »

Hey whats up everyone. My name is Guillermo and I'm from south texas. I bought my 96 s14 about two year ago and since then i've been lurking around forums. I'm finally in the process of rebuilding my block with forged internals and i plan to be boosted in about a month. :D
conrad12
NooB

Post by conrad12 »

Hey guys what up! new to the site. my name is Conrad im 20 tunring 21 soon and from Sunny San Diego California, kinda new to the whole tuner scene. right now im rockin a 350z bone stock except for a true dual from the cat back custom exhaust that i got done about 2 weeks ago. first car was a 2005 pontiac grand prix on chrome 20 inch rims that my friends used to call the wigger wagon... -_- lol, 2nd car was a 2008 Cobalt Sport which was fun but just wasnt enough. now my 3rd car and what im driving now is my 350z. love that frikin car, but the reason im on here is because im finally gonna buy my first 240 today =) hopefully i can become part of this online community and gain more knowledge by learning from everyone here =) heres pics of my z.

My Z and my Buddy's Teg

Me n my Z
Image[/img][img]

Pics of my new 240 coming soon =)
swag240
NooB

Post by swag240 »

hey my name is Morgan, i live in tennessee and i bought my 2nd 98 se two months ago it was completly stock and auto.since i've had it i have put r32 front brakes. but i have bought orgin 50mm over fenders a oem lip and jdm grill and now waiting on my wheels i pre-ordered the new xxr 526's....i and gonna get it painted the turn all my attention to doin my ka-t swap and built
coachbag01
NooB

Post by coachbag01 »

hey guys been reading on here for a while finnally decided to join up! :roll: :roll: :roll:
NoKittenXIII
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by NoKittenXIII »

Hey all. Name's Critter. I'm planning a KAT build in my 04 Xterra to make it a tow vehicle, so a friend suggested I check out this forum. Aiming for 300 ft-lbs, and a cold running motor. Pics will be up once I get back from the sandbox, as I have to take some new ones, and do a little cleaning on the truck. Stuck in SE Georgia for now.
Likes to get dirty.

04 Xterra <- Ol' Blue
On hold for the Beast's rebuild
10 Explorer 4X4<- Mom's Station Wagon
81 F250 2WD <- The Beast
umbys
NooB

Post by umbys »

Hi my name is Shawn Im 18 Im from Connecticut and i drive a 97 kouki 240sx ( My first car ) . I joined to get more knowledge about the ka-t or supercharger. Im also a member on my local forum 240sxone.com. Plan to do a build later on in life just dont know when.
robm
NooB

Post by robm »

Rob M
1993 240sx KA-T
1989 Skyline GTS-T Type M
1990 Skyline GTS-T Type M
1979 Volkswagen GTi
baliw619
Learners Permit

new here

Post by baliw619 »

Hello all my names J im 24 and have a 1991 240sx as my project. plan on going with a bottom mount t28 setup for my future build.
240freak88

Post by 240freak88 »

whatsup im joe ,from staten island newyork 22 years old slim body brown hair haha lol jp ...but yeah im going to start a basic how to turbo a stock 1997 240sx build thread for everyone the noob noob way soon to come my setup will consist of a fully stock car with exhaust gt28r(s15) turbo build..im gonna take loads of pictures and document everything so for all new comers soon to be turbo members watch out its coming soon .thanks
Kilo_SME
NooB

Post by Kilo_SME »

Hi, I own a 93 3000gt sl tt and a 92 Nissan stanza. No its not a 240 but it is a ka. Just here for some info and parts.
240phantom
NooB

New to the site

Post by 240phantom »

Hi, my name's Bryan from Texas. I have 2 240's. I a sohc with a few thing on it and a dohc I'm about to boost.. I had a red sr20 swapped a few years back that got jacked. :cry: I'll be posting as I do my turbo install for maybe a bit of advice and help soon. If you have any questions, hit me up. Thanks
midnight_mistress
NooB

intro

Post by midnight_mistress »

hey , my names kreg im 30 and i live in pleasent prarie WI, i presently own with my wife a 95 nissan 240sx zenki , red auto with stock mods and presently working on making it worthy of fear. i work at pick n pull as a yard dog in the decore table.

yes its my wifes car i purchased it for her do to haven to sell the last one when we lost our house and i lost my job.
so i purchased it for her.
the mod list is as follows:
vader carbon hood
seibon carbon trunk
gt tall carbon fiber wing
injen cold air intake with Z32 MAF
nrg hub,lock,steering wheel
dmax 20mm rear fenders
charge speed V2 body kit
god speed control arms.links,tension rods
front and rear strut tower support
mdu coilover
ssr 18x4
stance body bushings,metal
stance diff bushings
energy rack bushings
im not sure if im missing anyhting but its a start.
adapt,overcome,never quit
Slo40SX
NooB

Post by Slo40SX »

Hey guys. Been lurking here for awhile and decided to finally register. Currently driving a '90 S13 hatch, hope to soon rebuild the KA, boost it, and ultimately do it right the first time, lol. I look forward to meeting you all.

Only mod so far is a 2.5" exhaust with an Apexi N1 muffler welded on, bought it for 90 bucks on craigslist, lol.
:blah:
DriftPower
NooB

Post by DriftPower »

Well obviously I'm new lol. Name's Aaron but go by Crash (long story). My friend talked me into signing up, I was over Forums after getting banned from a Joke of one. Here's hoping this one is no where near like that one. I'm here for learning, entertainment and, knowledge. I'm no where close to being called a Pro Mechanic but that doesn't mean I don't have knowledge for asking simple questions that may have slipped my mind. I have enough knowledge to know not to waste my money on used engines and not rebuild thing thinking they'll last. As well as taking my time and doing things right the first time and not half-assing things.

I have a 93 240sx Hatch pure stock that I bought for 121 dollars 3 years ago. You would think it was in horrible shape, but it was only partly raped, missing only the Passenger Fender, Bumper, headlights, Dash, instruments, A/c, and various connectors. Having roamed Junk yards, and buying parts as cheaply as they come it's back to full stock and was extremly reliable till the head gasket went. I let it sit too long and the internals rusted up. So now it's sitting to be completely rebuilt still stock Engine. I could put performance parts in it but I want reliablity first. I can always buy another 240 and make it a toy which will be an s14 or s13 coupe. As for everything else on for the vehicle I've been slowly collecting top end parts for it to replace the 15 year old suspension ect..ect, which have been excellent prices, never general prices. Reasoning behind it is because in another 15 years this car will still be in top form.
dizzymetal55
NooB

Post by dizzymetal55 »

Hi my name is Nate I been kinda trolling around this site for awhile but now decided to join. I had a 91 240sx that I bought with a knock then i sent it to the machine shop and put it back together to find out the machine shop made my valve lash way too tight so the head got wiped out. Same day got on craigslist and found a red 91 240 for $1200 with bad (auto) tranny.I went and picked it up the next day for $1000 and limped it home. Did a manual tranny swap from the white one to the red and had a 100k 91 240sx with working AC. :P I been buying stuff for a KA-T ever since. All i need is a front mount oil and water lines for my turbo (GT35) some gauges and a tune. :wink:

79frogman
NooB

HI

Post by 79frogman »

My name is Fezaz Farouk, i own a 1996 Nissan 240sx, I live in San Diego, Ca. I am in the Navy. I have done alot of mods to my car but have not gotten the results for what i have put into it. I went to alot of so called experts here in san diego, but still no where the power that i should be making. I have the S15 Conversion kit on my car, looks nice. It is currently getting a facelift again, this time at Sinful Enhancements. hopefully they can give me at the look that i want then i can get back to the power.

Power wise :(
I have All of the Brian Crower Internals for my car.
I have the 2.4L Greddy bolt -on Turbo kit for my car.
I have the Jim Wolfe Chip for it.
I am in the process of actually reseraching myself now, vice these shops in san diego.
NEED HELP ON WHAT ELSE I NEED TO GET POWER LIKE YOU ALL DO.

Looks:
S15 Conversion with SINFUL ENHANCEMENTS twist :)

Audio:
I do all my own installs and custom fabrocationas as a hobby.
Pioneer Deck
JL Audio Components System
Kicker 10"
Kicker Amps.
rREValo
NooB

Post by rREValo »

whats's up guys.. new to ka-t... i'm from oregon.. i have a s14 and a s13 ka-t on both.

couple crappy pics.. enjoy.
kasilvia88
NooB

Post by kasilvia88 »

Hi my name is Kip. I'm 23 and currently own a 1992 coupe se. I live in the bay area CA. Been a member a while but mostly lurked. Now I want to help people with their setup like this site has helped me.
No Pics yet, but here is the setup:
stock block and head
t28rs (9 lbs boost)
bottom mount mani
ebay fmic
ebay downpipe and exhaust
550cc injectors
rs enthalpy ecu
ebay rad duel with flex a lite 392 electric fans
clutchmaster fx400 clutch (awesome clutch)
I have not dynoed it yet but I'm glad to be part of the comunity that helped me achieve my power goals.
Kip
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

rREValo wrote:whats's up guys.. new to ka-t... i'm from oregon.. i have a s14 and a s13 ka-t on both.

couple crappy pics.. enjoy.
Nice man! +1 on the Oregon!
••••••••••••••••••••••••
No... I don't own a 240 anymore!
••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Don't remind me of my failures, I haven't yet forgotten them"
ogorir
NooB

Post by ogorir »

Hi, I'm new, obviously. Name's McGuire, I've got a '96 hardbody that desperately needs a few more ponies and I'm hopin' you guys can help. I restore cars for a living, mostly paint and body and customization. currently I'm working directly for a guy with a fleet of '60s 2-stroke SAABs, so I've been learning to make power with those (if you can call 95hp at the bleeding edge power).

Thanks in advance!
'96 hardbody, currently stock.
squigy
NooB

Post by squigy »

My name is Ed aka Squigy, been working on cars for years last count 16....wow getting old.
i have owned 1968-95 Datsun/Nissan had about 7-8 nismos.
i work on anything mainly on old american stuff right now.
I just got a 93 Hatch with a Ka turboed this thing is a beast at least it feels like a beast..
Gonna do a stage 3 spec clutch hopefully this weekend and go to our local test and tune next week.Also, my son owns a 93 hatch but sr20det :cry:
i think mine will wipe his clean off the line and at top end but we will see.. :wink:
I will post pics as soon as my son shows me how...i am kinda computer dumb
Thanks hope to learn alot about the KA.[/img]
draheim240
NooB

Post by draheim240 »

hello, names Jordan. Kissimmee, Fl

95 240 stock ka for now, ka-t near future.
Silviadream87

Post by Silviadream87 »

My name is Jeremy, I have had numerous hondas. One of them was also turbo. I have recently traded my latest one for a 91 ka-t 240sx fastback. It is pretty cheaply put together so I'm trying to clean it up. It is also my daily so it's a bit of a challenge and I also have 2 kids so it's a slow proccess. It is my first rwd car and I love the feeling of the power behind me(no pun intended lol). I'm in the proccess of getting something to tune it with and I really want a Silvia front. I work at Bama we make apple pies for mcds and other stuff like that but I'm not at liberty to say. I used to work at a body shop though so I do most of my work myself. Since I was 16 I have been blowing motors up, rebuilding and trading, I can't seem to find the car I want but it looks promising with the 240(I got plans). Well enough about me, hope to learn alot from this forum.
Always make sure the juice is worth the squeeze!!

91 240sx turbo-first rwd and loving it