Introductions

Introduce Yourself Here First!
Sleezy Zenki
NooB

Post by Sleezy Zenki »

Hello,I'm Eric from Gulfport, Ms. Iv stalked these forums for quite some time and guessed I'd finally register, i currently own 3 240's - 89 hatch, 95, and 96 kat in progress for the 2nd time now.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Welcome Mr. Zenki - lots of knowledge here as you've probably learned and definitely lots of good people.

What's your setup look like?
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
Tatsel_Morte
Learners Permit

Post by Tatsel_Morte »

My name is Sterling and I'm 22. I live in Pascagoula, MS. My ride is a 92 Stanza with the stock ka24e, but I plan to do a de conversion soon and Turbo soon after. This will be my first real build so I'll probably have plenty of questions. I'm also working on a vg30 but it's a bare block so that's very long term.

And hello Zenki. Nice to see it wasn't hard to find someone in my area
RAWR
NooB

Post by RAWR »

Whats up! My names Rodrigo, im from northern VA. I just bought a wrecked '92 240sx hatch with a KA-T. Plan on swapping everything into a clean '90 240sx coupe shell. I think the motor is missing some parts and need to redo the harness (hate wiring!!!) other than that im super stoked and cant wait to get it running!
umbys
NooB

Post by umbys »

Hi my name is Shawn. I have been on this forum for a while and trying to get educated on the world of ka-t. This place is full of great knowledge and hopefully applying this knowledge to my 97 240sx.
Waterhead
NooB

What's up folks!

Post by Waterhead »

What's up people, I'm joining this forum because I am ready to add some rice in my life!
I love drifting and I'm ready to get a car that can handle it! I've fallen in love with the S14.5 but those cars seem hard to come by. So I'm looking to find myself a S14 or a 13. It's a good start anyhow lol.
I have also decided to stay true to the KA, so in order for me to own one of these bad ass cars I need to learn as much as possible. I'm sure guys are gonna give me hell for being a owner of two mustangs, but that's all good. 8)
If your gonna be stupid, you better be tough!
Shimiboi
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Shimiboi »

Hi everyone,

My name is Ryan. I own a 93 S13 Coupe. I just went ka-t and i joined this forum to educate myself, get ideas, and of course...for help hahaha. Looking forward to being a contributing member on this forum! :D
RedSkin
NooB

Post by RedSkin »

Whats sup guys..Im 25 from Washington D.C. and I own a 1996 Nissan 240sx with a KA24DE motor..I thought about swapping a RB motor but why do that when you have a monster already equipped??..I hope to learn alot about unlocking the beast under the hood.
Fear the Redskin....
milehigh240
NooB

Not new to 240s but new to turbo KAs

Post by milehigh240 »

Hello fellow 240 and KA enthusiasts...my name is Richard and I am a 27 year old graduate student in St. Louis...I have had 4 Nissans (3 of which have been 240s)...my current car is a 1998 pearl white kouki with 93k original miles and an ultra clean chassis (purchased it a few months ago from a couple in California and had it shipped back to the STL)...been working on suspension mostly but I am going to turbo the KA in the next few months...cheers!!

Experience is a hard teacher; she gives the test first and then the lesson.
milehigh240
NooB

Sorry about the picture size

Post by milehigh240 »

Sorry...will edit the pictures next time before posting... :oops:
Experience is a hard teacher; she gives the test first and then the lesson.
xZxCORE

Re: Introductions

Post by xZxCORE »

Hi KA-T members. I have been a member for a few years when I had my s13. After getting rid of the ka-t i had in it i went with a couple sr20 setups, went to afghanistan and now the s13 is gone. I have a S14 now, its a 96 se with a kouki conversion. I don't like debating on which power plant is better and really don't care because i like a variety of different things. I was planning on going with a LSX swap but i think I'm going to go back to a ka-t first. I am looking forward to involving myself in ka-t.org for a longer period of time this go around so just wanted to re-introduce myself.

Ya.. I think that will work just fine!
KA-T S12
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by KA-T S12 »

Clean car man. She looks mean ;)
xZxCORE

Post by xZxCORE »

Thank you. I finally put the rear valances on so it looks even better.. I also have a kouki full carbon fiber wing thats going on it. Even tho im not really a fan of wings i decided to go with this one to balance the look of the car..
2hunglow1standhi
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 2hunglow1standhi »

Hi, New member, long time Lurk-ness Monsta... Just finally registered. Haha!

First of all "Many Thanks" to this Forum/Members for all the SOHC/KA24E-T contributions, without all of you, many vehicles would not be possible....

Currently running 3rd KA-T setup, 2nd S13, was a Hardbody D21 lover for a long time also.

Jus-Anadah-Hawaii-Boyee, eating Cup-O-Noodles to enjoy the life!
Saving KA24's... One at a time...
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

Nice! Hahaha I am also a Cup-O-Noodler! Welcome welcome, good to have you as an addition.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
Newbietune
NooB

Post by Newbietune »

Hi my name is Juan
I'm a inspired tuner thanks to the two day haltech technical course I took at Titan motors sports during may.
I've been a real gear head all my life, hate sports rather be wrenching type of dude.
I currently own a 95 s14 5speed with a KA from a 98.
I have everything to go boost except a t25 turbo and a haltech, so soon I will be hitting boost with you guys.
I am excited to learn more about tuning and see what I can do with a basic ka-t platform.
Also if anyone has a base map for a haltech it would be much appriciated if you can send it to my email.

Any questions drop a line

Juan.vargas0001@gmail.com

Thanks guys!
Newbietune
NooB

Post by Newbietune »

xZxCORE wrote:Hi KA-T members. I have been a member for a few years when I had my s13. After getting rid of the ka-t i had in it i went with a couple sr20 setups, went to afghanistan and now the s13 is gone. I have a S14 now, its a 96 se with a kouki conversion. I don't like debating on which power plant is better and really don't care because i like a variety of different things. I was planning on going with a LSX swap but i think I'm going to go back to a ka-t first. I am looking forward to involving myself in ka-t.org for a longer period of time this go around so just wanted to re-introduce myself.

Sweet ride and welcome sir
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

xZxCORE wrote:Hi KA-T members. I have been a member for a few years when I had my s13. After getting rid of the ka-t i had in it i went with a couple sr20 setups, went to afghanistan and now the s13 is gone. I have a S14 now, its a 96 se with a kouki conversion. I don't like debating on which power plant is better and really don't care because i like a variety of different things. I was planning on going with a LSX swap but i think I'm going to go back to a ka-t first. I am looking forward to involving myself in ka-t.org for a longer period of time this go around so just wanted to re-introduce myself.

CLEAN! Welcome to the forums.

--Rick
••••••••••••••••••••••••
No... I don't own a 240 anymore!
••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Don't remind me of my failures, I haven't yet forgotten them"
xZxCORE

Post by xZxCORE »

Thanks again guys! Hope to get it flawless and a very fun reliable turbo setup in her. Lots of work to go... :/
Grant

Post by Grant »

hello names Alex im 24 and live in fl

first car i drove was a 1989 hatch in highschool, had a metalic red paint job ricer arp wing and a orgin body kit, well a little over two years of driving it it blew up and i made my way into the Honda scene, i had a built civic witha k20 ( rsx type s motor), mad 215 to the whhels, i had a kids so i had to sell her. well i know have a family vehicle, so im back in the 240game, im currntly looking for one so it will be an experiance for me boosting the k. hope to learn alot here.
BrokeKAT561

Post by BrokeKAT561 »

Hey guys,
My name is Joe, and I'm a bit new to 240's, but not cars. Yeah I use to be a little Honda boy and boosted 2 accords but I've recently owned 2 s13 coupes, one with a KA24DE and another with a SR been drifting them! But I got rid of the SR for a KA with cash on top and a week later dude got rod knock on the SR (glad I got rid of it!) Anyways to put everyone up to par, I swapped in the KA24de and pieced together my own top-mount kit :) just need a tune!

Sorry I don't got pictures right this moment as I am posting off my phone. wahhh haha :P
BrokeKAT561

Post by BrokeKAT561 »

Also I am new to this form, but I am not new to using forums, but I have been noticing everytime I look up performance/turbo related thing for the 240/KA I keep coming to this website way before the UI changed, and don't get it wrong I kinda like this change, but I decided to make a account finally and hopefully contribute and take in more information! KA FTW!
H8crimes

Post by H8crimes »

Hey everyone, I'm Danny. New to 240's a bit, not to cars though so it was pretty easy to pick up and go. I have a s13 and of course Ka-t. Just needs some finishing touches. Been reading this forum for a good while now just decided I should make an account and share/acquire information. Been down a weird road so far with cars.
1st-Last
99 Civic Si
83 Rabbit Gti
90 Miata Mx-5
90 S13 240sx

Hoping to hold on to this one for a while.
Not all who wonder are lost.

Cars-
99 Civic Si -(Freak Motor) Sold
83 Rabbit Gti -Boosted then blew up, then sold
90 Miata Mx-5 -Slammed, stanced, then sold
90 S13 Ka-T -Soon to be DD
Zumin
NooB

Post by Zumin »

Trey, Alabama.
1997, bought it bone stock
Rpf1, BC coilovers, v-LSD, white bunny, enthalpy, t28, 550cc, JGS mounts, usual torquey set up.
Just installed EVERYTHING this weekend.

Radiator just cracked tonight, I've got a mishimoto kit on its way. Accidentally bought a new set of dw 550cc thought one of mine was bad, got it fixed... so my ka-t set up has made me broke as hell! Also still have to get custom intercooler set up... Using Dejon core ;)
Attachments
image.jpg
superfizzle
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by superfizzle »

Hey all...
Names Josh.
Outa California
23 years old
1990 240sx with a 95 dohc swapped in wich is currently giving me a headache.

Built bottom end custom pistons and rods and stock up top
Waiting to get this headache worked out before I can slap on my turbo kit. Hope someone on here can help me sort that out will update with pics soon.
ZERTARACING
Learners Permit

Post by ZERTARACING »

Hello All!

My name is Thomas, I am 23 years old and have owned a 240 since april. I am in the process of doing a Kouki Conversion along with a 5spd swap. After I am done with those things I want to start saving up for a s14 long block and build the spare motor for KA-T with a HX35 turbo and built motor looking for around 300HP on low boost because the car is my DD. I plan on running MSPNP V2 with blow through. I am always looking for info on this forum and have been lurking for a number of years. I want to build it right...so I don't have to build it twice.
Here are some pictures of how the car looked when I got it, and how it looks today. I have a build thread on zilvia and will transfer it over to this sight once I start going KA-T. I have done all the basic suspension stuff except sways(soon). Here is my thread on zilvia if anyone is interested:
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-only/ ... gress.html

About a month after I got the car:

Today 10-12-2013 (4months later):
Building my S-chassis in my garage, piece by piece.
mca510
NooB

Post by mca510 »

Hi Everyone,
I'm new here and relatively new to Nissans (previously owned a 93 Sentra SE-R about 8 years ago). My goal is to learn more about the KA-T setup so I can work on my new car, a 1971 Datsun 510 with KA24DET swap. I have plenty of automotive experience, from a 1981 VW Rabbit to a 2002 WRX, with about 20 various cars in between, including 15 Miatas. I hope to learn and contribute some of my own knowledge.
Thanks,
Aaron
KaLucas
Learners Permit

Post by KaLucas »

Hey everyone!

My name`s Lucas.
A little about me, been into 240s since I was 14 while playing video games. Decided that I should try to learn all I can from 1 type of car so that way when I was old enough to buy one I`d have a good start. Turned out I picked the 240, and boy was it a good pick!! It is thanks to forums like these and contributing members that my interest was able to grow. Eventually I aimed my interest only in the KA24 engine.

Finally got around to buying a S13 when I was 17 for very cheap. The engine ran well, but it had some body damage on the side. This led me to buying a parts car to fix up running 240. Now I`m 23, (Wow almost been 10 years). I`ve been lurking these forums and others for a while, and think its finally time to register!

The car : 1991 240sx hatchback LE
Engine is bone stock, really high mileage 426000, but shes been babied
Sitting on XXR 527, 215/17/45 tires all around
Megan racing coilovers

My plans currently are a KA24DE that I am rebuilding and doing a simple clean turbo set up, possibly T28. Hopefully it doesn't take another 10 years to complete the project! haha

cheers!
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

Nice!
Dang dude, that's a lot of miles lol. Have you ever ran a compression check? I'm curious as to what the number say.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
KaLucas
Learners Permit

Post by KaLucas »

I should of mentioned its kilometers! heheh

Just did the conversion and its approximately 265000 miles. I`d be curious to see the compression as well, but never done it. It passed the emissions test up here 2 years ago, good ol` KA. But it wont pass again I guarantee, too close to the limit of everything. Making the rebuild more a little more urgent. She smokes a lot more now, and doesn't like to sit still at long red lights!