Introductions

Introduce Yourself Here First!
markapple0507
NooB

Post by markapple0507 »

hey what's up guys. Mark M. here from El Paso, Tx. just bought by pearl white 95 zenki for a steal of a deal. Its my first 240sx. came with a bunch of suspension parts and about a month ago i go the kaaz lsd in. im a full time student at UTEP and plan to go turbo this summer. there's not to many ka-t's out here. Drifting is just getting big and public out here and most of the 240’s are sr but the few that are turbo ka have been helping me, informing me and everything.

NismomoS14
NooB

whats up whats up whats up!!!!

Post by NismomoS14 »

Whats up everybody im from the east coast home of boston with the s13 running around towns where they pull you over for how loud your going . But any ways im sorta kinda new here so WHAT WHAT WHAT UPP :lol:
l1ttleslugger
Learners Permit

Post by l1ttleslugger »

hey im new to the 240 scene. i got a 90 240sx i just bought a ka24de and got another one thrown in.and plan to go ka-t. and prolly keep the sohc one to mess around with or for emisions :lol: i have a tc too that i will probably turbo too. but idk bout that one yet.
im in cali so hence the emissions talk.
S14__Kouki
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by S14__Kouki »

Name's Jose. I'm From Mexico and i recently bought a 98 Automatic Kouki s14a, i'm really looking foward to make it manual and to have a Ka-T. i'm a student of mechanic engineering at my local IT, so i do not have much money yet to make things fast but since i like to do things myself i believe i have an edege in that. so far i have not loaded to the internet pictures of my s14 but i promise to update my post as soon as i do it. Greetings from Veracruz, Mexico. :D
SelvaRacing
Learners Permit

Post by SelvaRacing »

Hello, Im Ben. I am in Southern California, LA/Orange County area. My Tire/Tuning shop is in LA, My Machine shop is in Long Beach and my Web sales shop is in my old shop location in Orange County. I have been in motorsprts over 25 years. Built my first blueprinted engine with my Pops when I was 13 or 14. My Grandfather was a factory Dodge mechanic and even a member of Shurley Muldowneys pit crew back in the day(she was a Mopar sponsored team). I inherited all My Grandfathers tools when he retired so it just added to why i shouldnt work for someone turning wrenches, but open a business thats car related. I have built more V8 muscle cars than you can count, built and have raced sprint cars, drag car and more recently road race cars. I love the Nissan KA engine. when its turbocharged or even supercharged, it has many of the characteristics of a smallblock V8. Nice torque curve, and usually more torque than HP. I have beuilt to many KA turbos to count and dont have any particular loyalty to any one brand of aftermarket pars, but use my shop to help young tuners do it right and do it safely at a low cost. So i wont bash you if all you can afford is ebay parts, but Ill tell you the truth on what to expect and help you acheive your goals. all you guys new to motorsports, new to boosting Na engines and those that just have questions, just ask. I wont freak out and tel you "GO SEARCH you IDIOT". hey, thats what forums are for, searching if you want to, asking questions if you want to. I like answering questions. I may be new to this forum, but i have my own car club witn over 350 members and my own forum.(I wont mention the mname of it out of respect for this fine forum. Thanks admin guys here at KA-T for allowing us to share our knowledge on the best little engine to ever come out of Japan!

My personal rides,,,,too many, but two of my favorites:

95 S14, KA-T, 300hp, all GReddy components. suspension, wheels exhaust etc...My daily driver.

92 S13 hatchback, KA-T 350hp, mix of GReddy, HKs and Tomei parts. Suspension, wheels, exhaust, Roll cage, stripped interior, Track safety equipment,...My Drit Day, Time ataack vehicle. Yes, its street legal, just barely.

Ill try and post pictures later,
Selva Racing
www.selvaracing.com
www.freewaybuddy.com
95 S14 KA-T 302 RWHP Daily Driver
92 S13 KA-T 345 RWHP Track Car
04 Z33 VQ35 250 RWHP CF Body Show Car
jdanger
NooB

Post by jdanger »

hey im johnny aka mike. i live n fresno ca, just ur average kinda guy... i have a 1990 240sx coupe with s13 conversion so far... jus got my radio stolen wich was an alpine deck... :x but i guess **** happens... anyways, i really want to start my own ka-t build and wat better place to do so than here at ka-t.org... thx fo reading and please be kind, im using search engines and browsing alot cuz im still a newb at this stuff... thx

johnny
YoQuieroS13
Learners Permit

Post by YoQuieroS13 »

My name is Robert I'm 20, I live in SoCal and Just got my 240 yesterday, i don't have pics because i got it at night and its sitting at my friends house right now due to in not having tags, i got lots planned for it right now. Hopefully in the next few weeks i get a body kit on it and, tein coilovers, new paint job, and turbo.....I will post pics later on and let you guys know how the process is going
janepeters
NooB

Post by janepeters »

hi guys..i am newbie here..I joined this forum because I really like to ka-t and I have already gained some experience on other forums. I checked this forum over a couple of times before joining and I thought it was a good place. I'm sure this forum will be a very nice place.I hope to get to know everyone here. Hope to have a great time here. Nice to meet you all..:D
blackoutt
NooB

Post by blackoutt »

I'm from upstate NY, building a 95 ka-t project. Had it going but blew the piston ring lands out. Pursueing a built motor and upgraded fuel system now.
Cavinder
NooB

Post by Cavinder »

What's goin on everyone. I'm Daniel, but everyone calls me Cav.I live in Birmingham, Al. I'm 22 and this is the first 240 Ive owned. I personally have owned about 10 cars since I was 16, a few factory turbo cars, and a couple non turbo that I built turbo setups for. I currently have a 96' se. I don't know what the color is called, but it's a pearl green color. The body is kinda rough, but it is a work in progress. I don't have any pictures of me or the car right now, but I will try to get some in the coming days.
I just bought this piece. In the works is a turbo setup and a full restoration. It will be a street car, not a race car.
usarmy88m
NooB

Hello

Post by usarmy88m »

Hello everyone my name is SSG BAILEY I have a 1990 Nissan 240SX I have been doing research on my vehicle for about 2 years and want to further my knowledge and put together a turbo kit for my vehicle. I have a KA24E in the car with 30,000 miles on it.
Dallas S14
NooB

Post by Dallas S14 »

Hi everyone,

My name is Chase and I am the proud owner of a 1995 S14 SE. I've had the car for a little over 2 years now and I'm about 99% sure I just blew the motor up about 4 hours ago. :oops:
Jared0934
NooB

Post by Jared0934 »

Hey everyone, names Jared. My first car was a 93 240sx fastback since then I've really only cared about owning a silvia. I'm currently Stationed in Okinawa, Japan in the Marine Corps. No I dont have a super nice JDM car, damn marine corps rules wont allow below E-4 to get a vehicle and my job is very difficult to pick up rank in, however I have worked on a few projects with some friends. I'm 20 years old and going to Camp Pendleton, California in April... I guess having a SR is illegal out there so I'm hoping to see where I can get with a KA-T so I'll be actively searching and networking for tips. Once I get my car in Cali it will be my first real "build" since I was only 16 when I first bought my 240 and didn't have any money after I bought the car for anything but new lights and windshield wipers :lol: . Well anyways, hope to get to learn alot from you guys, I'm also on Zilvia forums.
jdzumwalt
NooB

Post by jdzumwalt »

I just wanted to introduce my self. I've been sleezing around this site for about a year. I have a 1995 240. I purchased it in 2001 and turbo charged it imediatly. Back in the day it was 380 hp and was a street killer. Curently my setup is pretty modest. I run a greddy turbo kit with a add on intercooler. I've had this setup on a stock block since summer of 2004. I've put 40,000 miles on this kit with very little maintance.

I also have a turbo charged toyota race truck this seems to be where most of my money has gone latley. I am currently converting my race truck to e85 and my 240 will be converted as well. This site has been the most resource full site for e85 that I have found. fresh alloy back in the day was a good site but i have found it's gone to hell.

Here are some pics of my car

and the truck

WWJD

Post by WWJD »

Hello KA lover's My name is Daniel born and raised in San Francisco. My Father bought my my first 240 in 2000, if my mind serves me right. like a new bee I wanted a sr but didnt cause they ran for like 4g's back then LOL :shock: . Then I found out the C.P. in my piggy's motor was low enough for fun boost. So many years latter here I am getten my study on. LOL whooo. I'll have pix up as soon as I can figure out why I can't load any pix of a flash drive onto photobucket. I have a 1989 red fast back that I just bought as a shell I crashed my Black 90' fastback 1 :cry: . So I swaped everything, motor, 5 speed convertion, I went as far as swaping out the front engine bay harness, for simplisity.

My second ride is a 1991 D21 2 wheel drive hard body SOHC 5 speed. whoooo. My tranny blew up though :shock: . I'm too hard on it.
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
Zaniac
NooB

new guy from Roanoke Rapids N.C.

Post by Zaniac »

Hello all,
I,m new to all of this so I'll just start with a little info...
I have a 1991 240sx w/ a ka24de DOHC.
I plan on doing alot to it, but like most it will be as I can afford each step.
I will be putting pics with my profile soon.
I got 2 of the 91-240's for $200.00 from a guy I work with and kept 1 to build up.
The head is off the motor for now and I need to replace a door, but other than that it is in realy good shape.
If anyone knows of parts, shops, or any good places in my area that I should know about, just drop me a line! I need all the help I can get. I'll do the same for everyone here.
gabe
Learners Permit

Post by gabe »

sup guys
my name is gabe
and i drive a flat balck 240 hb
and it has a s14 ka sson to be sc ...wooo :D
hope to learn alot.
xtoefield
Learners Permit

Post by xtoefield »

sup guys. i've been lurking for awhile. my name's xavier and i'm currently in the process of collecting info/parts to turbo my coupe. my goal is to have it turbo in time to make the drive down to TX for the supra meet in March. looking forward to posting up my build here and hopefully to give back something to the community as much as it has helped me informatively . :)
Matt

Hello

Post by Matt »

Hey guys, names Matt Aubrey, I just turned 18 a month ago. My first car was my grandpas ford ranger 2wd auto...it had 122k and the tranny was already slipping. Sold it when the brakes went for a NA 2nd gen eclipse that i was going to turbo...until i realized the 420a wasnt good for anything at all compared to a 4g63. Sold that, started looking for a gst or gsx eclipse...but noticed alot of 240's on NH craigslist. Picked one up this July that needed brake lines, got it home, swapped the front for a silvia had the brake lines done by someone with experience (per my parents request), had frame rail patched (still need a little of the wheel well replaced up front....ill get on it when i pull the motor to turbo it). I blew the first motor after 2000 miles. Knew someone with a stock single cam that was rebuilt so i just swapped it rather then rebuild. The plan was to drive it while i rebuilt the blown KA to go KA-t...but the new engines timing chain went.

So here we are, joining KA-t finally, planning on fixing the timing chain this week (just got laid off, so i'll FINALLY have the time to do it while i job hunt), and planning to research and collect parts to have a solid KA-t pushing 250-300 hp sometime this summer. And for pics...

Where it sat the day i bought it
Sil80 with cheap ass spray paint (just for now)
towlie
NooB

Post by towlie »

Hello all!

Although I am new to ka-t, I am not new to forums.. I have been a regular on NWN and zilvia for quite some time now. I currently drive a 1991 240sx s13.. Mostly stock, save for usual upgrades (exhaust, suspension, etc..). I am currently piecing together a mild turbo setup for the stock dohc, I joined ka-t for info moslty.

cheers,
-towlie
91HBKAE
NooB

Post by 91HBKAE »

Hows it? I've already made one post and I'd like to get a 240 but I'm still kinda already having too much fun driving my 91 D21 King Cab. The only thing I've really done so far is lower it and add the K&N air filter to it. I've had it for just over a year now and it's been a fun little truck but it's time to do some upgrades and give it something to . I bought it from the original owner who used it as a parts truck for the company I was working for. It's got just over 200K miles on it and I can still keep up with a Civic.

I've really only owned Japanese and have loved them all. I've had two 1986 Toyota Cressida's which everyone loves to make fun of but when you have the 7MGE Supra engine sitting under the and same suspension you can't make too much fun of it. I've aldo had a 96 Integra that was a blast to drive too but when it get's stolen and broken into a few too many times you have to let it go. Luckily it was mostly stock. Plus RWD vehicles are just way more fun to drive. I did have one domestic vehicle for all of I think 1 month, but I hated it and got rid of it for the Acura mainly because I was desperate.

I'm 25 and a Diesel Mechanic that works for a trucking company out of Salt Lake City, UT. I also get to sit behind a desk more then I get to work on the Diesels at night so I get to do lots and LOTS of research for my little truck.
reedy88
NooB

rhd ka24et

Post by reedy88 »

whats up guys name's eric and i live in ohio i am building a rhd 89 240sx with a sohc turbo. here are some pictures
curo72
NooB

Post by curo72 »

Hey!!
I'm Curt and I'm from Saskatoon Saskatchewan...go ahead, look it up on google maps, I'll wait...
Right, now that you're back, my bit is that I own a rusted out, busted up 89 240sx that I bought totaled from my local insurance agency.
I'm currently fun-employed and living in my parents basement (it sounds so much more pathetic when I read it).
Regardless I'm ripping apart this car in my (parents) garage, and putting it back together in slightly better condition than when I got it. Calling me a shade tree mechanic would be generous, as I'm unsure of how deep into a car my mechanical (and googling) abilities but I'm using this car as my chance to find out how.

Just one question directed at reedy88 or anyone else that has done such swap.Why would you take a LHD car and make it RHD? I don't get it. Really, I don't. I can appreciate how much work it would take, but I wouldn't want a RHD conversion if it was free. Keep in mind this is an entirely sincere question, but what is it that appeals to you about a RHD USDM car?
Regardless, best of luck.
240sanonymous
NooB

Post by 240sanonymous »

hey my names matt. i live in prescott az and just finished my turbo on my 94 240 vert. really interested getting to some events if anyone knows of any on the west coast please let me know!
melvingoku
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by melvingoku »

hi my name is melvin, im 20 years old, and i have a 1989 240sx SOHC! and i love every second of it! i have both a 93 grand am as my dd and my baby is the 40. ive been on every once and a while. i am from kansas. we have a nice little drift scene here. i have plans to boost my sohc. but here is how she stand day i got it.=)

then this happened :cry:
after a little work and magic under the knife. lol then this now
the engine bay
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 4556783958
i love her! =)[/img][/url]
mattlongo757
NooB

Post by mattlongo757 »

hey everyone. My name is Matt, I'm from Blacksburg, VA. I own a 91 coupe with Silvia front end. I have had my 240 for about a year now, and have slowly but surely been building it up to handle some power. It has gone from a multi-colored pile of junk that barely ran to a good looking and reliable daily driver that gets a lot of positive attention. I am currently in the process of building an engine with AMS's rebuild kit and plan on going turbo once I save up a little more. I have been on this site for a while now, and all of you have been a great help. I am an ASE certified mechanic, so I hope I can give back even a fraction of the help and knowledge that you all have provided

here's a few pics of my 240 and it's progress:
http://s622.photobucket.com/albums/tt30 ... 757/240sx/
albertsx
NooB

Post by albertsx »

hey guys my names matt im 21 from toronto canada, just got a 1990 240sx coupe, stock ka24de, looking to build it up and this is the spot to get all info. so far the car just has a stage2 clutch and lightweight flywheel
ttr187
Learners Permit

Long Time Lurker

Post by ttr187 »

Hey what's up everybody. I'm Tony from Florida and I'm driving a 95 S14. It has been a work in progress since I bought it a few years ago. I would like to do a turbo setup one day and I'm always doing research here. I have not contributed much even though I have been a member for a while, because I have not really done much to my car. Every time I have a question about the KA I search on here and find an answer. This form is great.
Image[/img]
signals13
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by signals13 »

Whats up everyone? I used to have an account here but i forgot the pw so im starting a new one i never introduced myself anyway so its a good thing i did start a new. Well enough jiber jaber, my name is Jose im 22 and im on my 2nd deuce ill get picks up as soon as i can, I am hoping on boosting asap but budget cuts arent helping any but yeah thanks and hello, lol.
So here are the pics:
When i first got the car it had no front end and some interior was missing, rolling on steelies, then with the help of my bro we got it looking like this
Image[/img]
then after about 1 year of it sitting in my garage got it looking like this, how it sits as of now
my bro's and my car
gullett1989
Learners Permit

Big changes

Post by gullett1989 »

Hey im John. Im 21 form Salem,SC. New to the KA let alone the 240 period. I just came from a 4.6 mustang and very impressed. Never thought i would go back to an inline 4 again lol but i might not go back to a V8 now. But enought about the past, and more about the ride. Its a 89 240 with 92 KA swap. Picked it up a couple weeks ago. It needed a lot of work. Got the work done but its still not right, im still havin timing issues. The pore job on the swap prob. isnt helping ether, its my new project. There isnt much performance wise just MSD ignition, cheap short ram intake, cheap exhaust, and short throw shifter. All was done befor i got the 240 except the short throw. Im excited to build my KA but right now just getting it running.