Stanza AFM on pickup

Discussion on Turbo electronics including Boost Controller, Turbo Timers, WideBands, etc
vg33t
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Stanza AFM on pickup

Post by vg33t »

Hollo I am a new member. I have turbocharged my 91 nissan pickup and wanted to remove the AFM from the throtle body to run one in the intake. I got one from a stanza and installed it now it sputers,wont idle,black smoke from the exhaust. It looks just like the one on the throtle body I dont see why it s not working. Any help would be great.
Thanks
vg33t
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by vg33t »

Well I found the problem. The conectors were differint so I had to wire the stanza conector. I just mached the colors without looking at the plug. it turns out the black and white wires have to be swiched around. I dont know if switching the AFM helped but I think it did.
Holly crap this truck is fast! I was not sure about turbocharging it at first but know I am glad I did.
rey_boricua
240sx Wannabe

Post by rey_boricua »

post some pics of your truck, i am pretty sure to include myself that some of us would like to see it.

also what is your set up
BOOST SPIKE KILLS!!!!!
ImageImage
qwickyy
NooB

Re: Stanza AFM on pickup

Post by qwickyy »

each sensor has to be directly grounded to that circuit, correct me if i am mistaken. Secondly the tps on the s14 has 3 pins 27-THROTTLE POS SWITCH 49-TPS POWER SUPPLY 23-TPS. and on the s13 it only has 2
37-TPS POWER OUTPUT 20- TPS INPUT