AEM F/IC

Discussion on Turbo electronics including Boost Controller, Turbo Timers, WideBands, etc
bartdog10
NooB

AEM F/IC

Post by bartdog10 »

I don't post much but am extremely grateful for the info, etc. available here. Couldn't imagine how hard it would be to turbo our cars and have to figure everything out on our own! Car forums in general are NOWHERE near as legit as KA-T.
Anyhoo.... just wanted to give a thumbs up for the AEM FI/C. I've got a low boost T25 with side mount intercooler and S13 cams in my S14. Had been running with a rising rate fuel press regulator/ stock injectors/ base timing pulled back for about a year. I installed the FI/C and 370cc injectors, removed the rising rate reg. and reset base timing. Pulled .75 timing per pound o' boost, and adjusted fuel map for injector change.
Having done all that I'm happy to report that the car runs............about like it had been running! Success I tell you! Seriously... car runs great (ran okay before , although I knew it was borderline a 7 psi boost). Now I feel safe driving a little harder and can start adding more boost. Planning on a front mount intercooler and go to about 12 psi boost. Then maybe a T28 and 15 psi? At that point I suppose I'll need to rebuild and lower compression.
So to recap; happy with the AEM F/IC. Thanks..... The end.