Greddy Profec B Spec 2

Discussion on Turbo electronics including Boost Controller, Turbo Timers, WideBands, etc
Zibilich
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Greddy Profec B Spec 2

Post by Zibilich »

Ive looked at every single thread that comes up with multiple searches on how to tune this EBC. Having a hell of a time trying to figure this stupid thing out.

The unit worked fine and held boost pretty good at 10PSI, then when i chaged out my wireing harnesses the settings got lost due to lack of power to the unit. Not sure what it was set to before because i bought the car with it allready set and never needed to change it from 10psi.

Seeing that it worked previously to losing settings, it must be hooked correctly.

Now that im trying to get it set back nothing i do is helping. No matter what settings i try it always shoots as much boost as it can possibly turn to the motor. Not sure exactly what settings do what because everyone explains it differently. Some people say a settings means a % of your base setting, but doesnt explain what the base settings is.

Ive used this thread (http://www.sr20forum.com/archive/index.php/t-86098.html) to aid me in getting it set but didnt seem to do much.

It says to set GAIN to 0 when starting, but im pretty sure my unit only goes to 5% as the lowest setting.( not 100% on this, im not by the unit just brainstorming at work)

Can anyone give me a base setting that should give me say 5psi?
Zibilich
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Re: Greddy Profec B Spec 2

Post by Zibilich »

Possibly has my solenoid gone bad? Or my whole unit at that?