Need Help... KA24DE ECU not sending 5v to sensors

Discussion on Turbo electronics including Boost Controller, Turbo Timers, WideBands, etc
foolycooly
NooB

Need Help... KA24DE ECU not sending 5v to sensors

Post by foolycooly »

Hey everyone, new member here.

So I've got a manual '89 coupe with an S13 dohc swapped into it.

Car has never run very well, always has had a lot of bad bogging around 3000rpm. Lately it does not start at all.

ECU reads 55 all clear, car has spark and fuel and is timed correctly. Good injectors which I have visibly checked that they spray.

Recently I've noticed that the MAF gets the necessary 12v battery voltage, however both the CTS and TPS only read a voltage supply of about 1.8V when they should have somewhere around 5V.

With the ECU connected to the harness, cover removed and the key in the on position, I checked voltage on the board for the 5V circuit to both the CTS and TPS and it's putting out the same... about 1.8V. Clearly this rules out a corroded pin/bad connector. No burn marks on the board that I can find. It does this same thing with two different ECUs I have, both number "29" auto ECUs.

ECU is getting the required +12V power supply to it, and all the ECU grounds show good continuity when checking between ECU connector and random chassis points (in this case the bare door latch bracket)