Different Altima Distributor ???

Discussion on Turbo electronics including Boost Controller, Turbo Timers, WideBands, etc
wheelhop
NooB

Different Altima Distributor ???

Post by wheelhop »

I havn't be on here much. But I will be now with my new project. And looking forward to learning alot here. . .

I am attempting to instal an MSD digital 6A onto my 1999 Nissan Altima. I figured I would just follow the JWT instructions for internal coil distributors to do this. So I buy the MSD unit. And then, when I pull the dizzy cap I see the below. . .

which does NOT look at all like what is in the JWT pdf pictures for how to wire the MSD. . .

What am I missing? I've looked everywhere. Napa reman part numbers are all the same from 1997-2000. and look like my 1999 dizzy. But they do not look like the instructions per the JWT pdf. . . Is there any how-to for installing the MSD digital 6A on the 1998-2001 distributors?

Thanks so much for your replies,
Matt
matt
wheelhop
NooB

Re: Different Altima Distributor ???

Post by wheelhop »

Well, to simply state what I need to figure out. I just need a point where I can insert the MSD 6A between the power transistor and the coil. . .

With regards the distributor in the 1999 altima: does it have the power transistor integrated with the coil?
matt
wheelhop
NooB

Re: Different Altima Distributor ???

Post by wheelhop »

Ok I figured it out. that white wire with black stripe IS the trigger wire. So after figuring that out, you just have to follow the directions for installing the msd 6 on an internal coil distributor from the jim wolf site.
matt