My Ultimate SAFC guide

Discussion on Turbo electronics including Boost Controller, Turbo Timers, WideBands, etc

Is this thread usefull to you?

Yea
97%
No
3%

Total votes: 206

S13_JDrift
240sx Wannabe

Post by S13_JDrift »

This thread help out a lot, now I understand the safc a lot clearly.
Thanks
s-14
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by s-14 »

turbo2nr wrote:called up apex-i today

for ka24de with z32 maf the in out settings are

2in:6out

that will be all

2=z32
5=sr20
6=ka24
Excuse my noobishness!
Last edited by s-14 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickedaltima
240sx Wannabe

Post by trickedaltima »

what about ford lighting maf 890cc injectors and a jwt ecu can anyone help me with the "in" "out" or get me close
S13_JDrift
240sx Wannabe

Post by S13_JDrift »

Im confused about the TH piont, can someone explain that to me. Thanks
Ka24det-sold
RHD RB25 Coupe SOLD!!
new Track Coupe, KA-T or 2JZ??
wyteboichris
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by wyteboichris »

Sorry To drag up an old thread but I just installed my safcII on my Stock 1998 KA24DE (turbo kit not installed yet). The car used to be an automatic, I converted to Manual but kept that auto ECU in.

My main question is for the stock maf, what are the correct settings for the following:

Hot Wire-

Flap-

Pressure-

I Don't know what FLAP and Pressure do so I have left those alone for now. The Hot Wire is the one everyone is talking about though.

I have been toying with it while driving and I can get it to idle just fine at almost any setting as long as they are the same In and Out.

My Issue is when I start to get on the throttle at low RPMs or Barely on the throttle at HIGH RPMs, she starts bucking. Any Idea as to why that is happening?

Thanks for the Input.

-Chris

S13 Silvia Coupe KA-T: SOLD
S14 Kouki KA: New Baby

Yao Chien Bitches!
LigouriRd.
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by LigouriRd. »

Hot wire, flap, and pressure are all different types of mass air flow readings. All 240s have hotwire, the setting should be 5in 5 out for a S14. Make sure that you have the car type set to 4 cyl with the arrow up and to the right. Also check that the sensor cal is set to 1 in and 1 out. I would guess that without having the settings right in the safc it is giving the ecu some strange readings. Let us know after making these changes.

For the guy above, in the th-point settings the lo percentage is what percentage of throttle where the lo-throttle correction somewhat "turns off" and starts reading the hi-throttle correction. The hi percentage is when the safc is completely reading from the hi-trottle correction. Between the hi and lo throttle positions the safc will interpolate between the two correction maps. Its a band-aid to the way the ecu reads load and calculates how much fuel to add. Basically lo throttle is for cruising around with light throttle and correction should be just enough to get 14.7 on the wideband. High throttle is for when you are in boost and need to increase fuel to get rich enough not to detonate. Take a look at the first page for a few examples of others th-point settings
"There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, sleeve, head gasket or timing. But never too much boost."

'91 Nissan 240SX
'96 Nissan 240SX KA-T
'05 Grand Cherokee (4x2)
'85 Honda Nighthawk 450SC
wyteboichris

Post by wyteboichris »

I have all of the other settings correct car type ect. Before I posted I tried 5-5 but she would still buck. I put it back to 1-1 turned the car off and back on and the car drove fine. I will try the 5-5 and turn car off and on and see if that's changed anything.
Thanks for the input

EDIT:

For those of who had trouble like myself with the HOTWIRE setting. Please Note that you should turn ur car off and let sit for a bit, then start it back up and should work fine on 5-5 with a stcok ka24de and MAF.

Thanks again for the help guys.

S13 Silvia Coupe KA-T: SOLD
S14 Kouki KA: New Baby

Yao Chien Bitches!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

hey i wanted to point out that under pinout help you have power wire pin 4 listed as a black/white wire. i believe it is really a red/black wire. anyone care to confirm this.
yadonnome123
240sx Wannabe

Post by yadonnome123 »

Mouse wrote:hey i wanted to point out that under pinout help you have power wire pin 4 listed as a black/white wire. i believe it is really a red/black wire. anyone care to confirm this.
SAKURA
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by SAKURA »

disregard
Last edited by SAKURA on Mon May 03, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redline240sx
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by redline240sx »

I have a question, but seem to not find the answer here, maybe it is here and missed it.

But the in and out setting for a z32 maf in a s13 kade is 2 in 5 out i believe, but i have a enthaply ecu already tune for a z32, so what in and out setting do i got for now? think i read something lik 5 in and 5 out.....Anyone have an idea???
S13 KA-t
deuceforty
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by deuceforty »

question for you bros.

im running a p60 (q45 maf) and 740cc injectors with a precision sc61.

according to that chart it is not possible to set the SAFC to pull that much fuel for lo and high throttle base points? what should i do?
SupaDoopa
NooB

Post by SupaDoopa »

I also run E-manage, but that's a great write up for people starting to research the product!
redins
Learners Permit

Post by redins »

I need some help with my afc neo. Car runs super rich.

Enthalpy tuned ecu for:
DW 740cc injectors
n62 maf
cp 9:0.1 pistons
blow through maf
stock head
Holset hx35
log manifold

Should it be set on 2in 2 out since it thinks it reading the stock maf? Also what are some good base line settings for my afc? Thanks
Sock-T
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Sock-T »

I didnt read every part of the thread but i saw some things that related to my set up but im completely new to tunning so when im messing with my safc II its complicated.

My set up.
Ka24e-t
eagle rods
arais pistons
370 cc injectors
255 LPH
stock maf
fuel pressure regulator
t3/t4 turbo kit

Kinda lost right now .. cold it runs nicely but warmed up it runs crappy.

need some ideas..

Thanks !
240driftguy
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240driftguy »

question on the tach signal the apex digram I got and videos on line say pin 3 is tach signal your saying its pin 2 both wires are the same color combo does it matter which one.

also i'm trying to adjust the high and low throttle settings for stock maf/t3 330s and the orginal post telling you to adjust it at 1k 2k 3k 4k but on th safc2 it goes in weird increments is there a way to adjust this\

what is the in/out setting for stock maf
project-c2

Post by project-c2 »

Gonna reply to this, cause I am running a SAFC2. Definitely helpful.
project-c2

Post by project-c2 »

240driftguy wrote:question on the tach signal the apex digram I got and videos on line say pin 3 is tach signal your saying its pin 2 both wires are the same color combo does it matter which one.

also i'm trying to adjust the high and low throttle settings for stock maf/t3 330s and the orginal post telling you to adjust it at 1k 2k 3k 4k but on th safc2 it goes in weird increments is there a way to adjust this\

what is the in/out setting for stock maf
S14? Pin 3. I used this pinout.
http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/ka24d ... a24de.html

I just set it up NE1 1000, NE2 1600, 2000 2600 and so on. It is in teh setting menu to adjust NE Points.

in/out: You will have to refer to the wiring manual. The last column refers to which kind and number airflow sensor to set your SAFC to. I just left it at 5in 5out for the stock KA MAF. Seems to read correctly. Soon I am going to wire up a P60 Q45 MAF and according to Apexi wiring manual is number 1.
oscarsx
Learners Permit

Post by oscarsx »

anyone want to share their safc settings? I'm trying to get the car in a decent running mode so I can go to my local dyno shop.. any help is appreciated.

ka24e sohc
t3/04
dsm 450cc
z32 n62 maf
walbro 255 fp
fmic
wastegate 7pound spring
myspace.com/oscarzzzzzz
Badazzsr20
240sx Wannabe

Post by Badazzsr20 »

Hey sorry to bump this thread but I wanted it for y records and I have a question. I just started playing with my safc2 I have a 1jz with 550cc injectors single turbo 2 Walbro 255 pumps. I have a wide band and its showing my car in the 11s and 10.0 with -15 and -10s -20s% on hi an low throttle. I wanted to know if this sounds like I'm doing it right the lower the % the more fuel added = richer?

Also I wanted to know how do u tune for gas mileage if ur -15 and -10 and so on in ur hi and low throttle in boost ur good but how do I tune it for out of boost to get the best gas mileage. If I lean it up in the hi and low to help on gas mileage then when I WOT ill be lean?

Any info will help thanks.
handsomerob
NooB

Re: My Ultimate SAFC guide

Post by handsomerob »

I have a P60 MAF with 370cc injectors, running a T25 at 10lbs. Any ideas on the settings for that?