Virtual Dyno Results

Dyno Sheets/Results Only! We have a separate forum about ECU Tuning and Theory
cmj
240sx Wannabe

Re: Virtual Dyno Results

Post by cmj »

adamky wrote:I'm not familiar with MS or Tunerstudio, but I downloaded it (and Mega Log Viewer) and looked at the moderate 93 and E85 maps. Am I right that total timing was around 19* through both runs in full boost? I know you said 18* so maybe I'm looking at it wrong.
Yeah that's probably about right. Do you have any suggestions based on my logs?
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

They both looked a little rich from 5800-6700, so you need to lean it out there. With E85, you can get away with a lot more timing than what you are currently running. Start bumping timing 2 degrees at a time and then do another log and run it through Virtual Dyno. Keep doing this and once you stop seeing power increase, back it down 1-2 degrees in those areas. With E85, you can actually tune past MBT before seeing knock. But don't keep adding timing after power stops increasing. You can still get detonation on E85. The limit is just a lot higher.

Also, you'll find that E85 likes RPM, meaning that you can increase timing more at higher RPMs, slowly ramping it up toward redline.

Just as an example, here's my E85 timing map @ 12 psi on my supercharger setup: viewtopic.php?p=489044#p489044
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
cmj
240sx Wannabe

Post by cmj »

adamky wrote:They both looked a little rich from 5800-6700, so you need to lean it out there. With E85, you can get away with a lot more timing than what you are currently running. Start bumping timing 2 degrees at a time and then do another log and run it through Virtual Dyno. Keep doing this and once you stop seeing power increase, back it down 1-2 degrees in those areas. With E85, you can actually tune past MBT before seeing knock. But don't keep adding timing after power stops increasing. You can still get detonation on E85. The limit is just a lot higher.

Also, you'll find that E85 likes RPM, meaning that you can increase timing more at higher RPMs, slowly ramping it up toward redline.

Just as an example, here's my E85 timing map @ 12 psi on my supercharger setup: viewtopic.php?p=489044#p489044
You pretty much just detailed my plan. I literally just changed me required fuel and made these passes. I have the radium fuel rail, id1300 injectors and Walboro 455lph ethanol pump going in after my drift event this weekend and will probably do a little more tuning on the street. My main goal is to get it on a dyno and finish it up there (Local dyno has eddy current abilities so I can tune specifically for MBT at all loads). I'm thinking I'll max out the on-board MAP sensor (~20psi) and call that high boost. I've got the AEM 12 position trim pot coming in so I will be able to blend boost from wastegate (11psi) to high boost for whatever the track requires.

Image :character-spongebobdance:
modulation
240sx Wannabe

Post by modulation »

Here is one that shows my progress which I'm happy with.
S13 T25 @ 10PSI
Ka24de
370 CC Injectors
N60 MAF
Nistune
3" Full Exhaust

--
Attached another one, guess I make more power in 4th gear. Should've known that.
Attachments
Fullscreen capture 7202016 71239 AM.bmp.jpg
Fullscreen capture 7192016 32329 PM.bmp.jpg