ISIS RS3871 @ 12psi ( UPDATE 280whp 340tq )

Dyno Sheets/Results Only! We have a separate forum about ECU Tuning and Theory
R34SR
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

ISIS RS3871 @ 12psi ( UPDATE 280whp 340tq )

Post by R34SR »

The setup : KA24DE

9:1 Supertech pistons 89.5mm
Eagle Rods + Arp Head studs
Supertech Valvetrain with stock cams 3 angle valve job and some porting
ISIS RS3871r
ISIS T2 Manifold V1
PBM Cobra Flex pipe
ISIS Mspec intercooler kit
ISIS z32 MAF
ISIS FPR
Five-o 750cc injectors
Synapse Synchronic BOV with Antistall valve ( VTA draw through with 0 stalling )
Spec STG 2 RB25DET clutch w XTD 12lb RB25DET flywheel
Nistune

Tuning was done at DRT racing by raphael estevez

It was a long overdue day but i finally decided to take on the dyno....i had gotten it running really well using 8bits " z32 maf 72lb injectors MODIFIED " tune that is available in the tunes section...all i had to do was adjust my k and latency to suit my injectors initially resulting in a rich idle but good cruise and about 10.5 :1 WOT pulls....i ended up with an extremely safe tune that put down 229hp and 218tq at 9 psi from the isis rs3871 then with little tuning from the same 9 psi raphael made 255hp 265 tq. The blue line is my first run the red lines was the last run at 12 psi.... which put down 265hp and 284tq....the following run which i did not take a pic of was at the same 12 psi but the clutch slipped terribly.......ending my day.

I broke in that clutch NA for 2000 miles or more , finally took it out to the dyno , should have been able to hold 415lb tq on a RB25DET.....and slipped at 284tq ona KA......i had my doubts about the clutch from day one as the pedal feel, no matter what i did was very soft....new lines, master, slave, adjustments....nothing....its just a soft **** pressure plate. im currently running 10 psi until i decide to change out the clutch and head back to the dyno to get my goal of 350hp or whatever i get from 15psi since id like to stay within its efficiency range and saftey margin on 93 octane.

Enjoy. and sorry that the dyno graph does not have rpm reference.....i gotta go back and have em print it.

Thanks goes out to 8bit for making me think hard after i asked him many dumb questions and for getting my car running due to the tunes he hosted and solid advice he gave me.
Martin From RS enthalpy for being a real sport and also giving me advice , Andy From AVP for his great support and eagerness to help with any problems i faced with nistune ( definitely the person you want to buy it from ) and lastly but certainly not least , Ken over at enjuku because his customer support and products sets the bar for all other companies.

Last edited by R34SR on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Good work.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

great to see dude, i had been waiting some time for u to get boosted. only adamky made us wait longer lol. oh man that tune brings me waaay back, unmodified thats the tune calum made for my base map in 07, im sure cody worked some sweet sex into it, it def had a few things i would of changed knowing what i know now. its great to see hes still an advocate behind the scenes. before you know it, youll be giving advice to new comers.

im not looking for a specific total timing number but how much timing did you squeeze in at 9psi from ur original run? 50wtq, thats gotta be what an easy 4*?
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

this is my current timing map that made 284tq at 12psi 93 octane.....it wasnt intended to be the final map, but like i said after the clutch slipped i said ***** it.
And thanks for the props fellas

UPDATE : this timing map proved to be too aggressive for 12psi on 93, i had a suspicion that i was getting knock, so i built some det cans, and sure enough it was knocking. Dialed about 2 degrees out across the high load section and im golden.....im not sure if it ever knocked on the dyno, but i think it has to do with the fact that my journal bearing ISIS turbo is now spooling about 700 rpm sooner!! i can see 10psi by 3000-3200 rpm now instead of 3900 rpm when it was new.....LOVE MY TURBO!
Last edited by R34SR on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
TheSteve
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by TheSteve »

Thanks for posting the dyno results, I think this just settled the decision of what turbo I'm going to be upgrading to. Be sure to update us when you get the new clutch and turn up the boost, I'm very curious to see how you do as I have a very similar setup.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

Im in the process of getting a comp clutch white bunny kit.....and im sure on the same 12 psi i can probably hit 275whp 300tq.....well see though....im glad i got this turbo instead of the s15 or 2560r i had planned on. Its awesome. and for $375....WIN.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

Coupe92
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Coupe92 »

Great to see a dyno from this. I need to dyno my isis t25. Youll probably like the white bunny comp clutch kit. I have just over 1k miles on mine and after getting used to the engagement it feels great and grabs hard (dat 4th gear chirp). Look forward to seeing this turbo closer to the limit, how is the lag on it? I'm in need of an upgrade. Enjuku claims 380(crank?) hp. Keep us posted.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

I was expecting it to spool a tad faster...full boost hits at 3700rpm....hard and all the way
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Well done there! I'm diggin the timing map! Thanks for the shoutout/credit; very cool of you.

Once you're solid on the tune and feeling it has had its final little tweaks, send it to me so we can host and post it in the thread! We can link to this dyno thread as well from a post in the tunes host thread so people can see the tune in action!

Rockon!
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Awesome man. Glad to see you finally boosted.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

thanks guys, im really enjoying the boosted life....its like owning a new car all over again and its awesome to know she was built all by me....such a satisfying feeling that i intend to savor while it lasts.

@ 8 bit........absolutely bro , id be glad to contribute...its the least i can do!!

i can send you this one if you want since it will be a while before i go back to the dyno cause im pretty damn happy at 10 psi right now :-)

id say the cruise could be alot leaner but thats it....it should be noted that im running a k value of 205 and latency of 1040......for my five-o 750cc set at 43psi w/o vacuum applied......their flow sheet claimed a response time of .55 ms @ 14v i believe ,which is what my car sees with a quest alternator.....i just feel like the latency number was pretty high for 750's....thoughts?

lmk...pm me if ya like
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

no sweat on the cruise. my machine shop guys who obviously build race motors always tell me they run 13s in cruise and 10s in boost. ive also seen the CIP race car is like that. so its certainly not "bad" maybe just cost a lil mpg.

whats the latency units in nistune? in tunerpro, you just put in the .XXms. i have nismo injectors .66ms but i think .9X is what ended up working best for me. i can open my tune in nistune and look for ya though too.

my k val is very close to yours too.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

honestly i made an assumption that it was a millisecond value and that .55 @ 14v meant .55 ms at 14v.......meaning that 1040 would mean over 1 millisecond of latency......this is just an assumption on my part im probably dead wrong but i didnt see anywhere in the nistune documentation what their latency value actually translated to....in the end i just used trial and error with my afr gauge to get the results i wanted.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

R34SR

Post by R34SR »

i know i promised an update ,but with hurricane sandy, work and just life had me pretty busy...im still boosted happily at 10psi...no signs of stress on the turbo...i did fix the clutch issue which was caused by a leak in the clutch line. So no need for a white bunny..yet.

Before i hit i dyno i promised myself to complete a few things first :

1. Install the IAT sensor into my EGR block off plate

2. Go Blow Through ( the antistall valve is awesome , but full throttle 1st gear, then release = engine shut down and i feel a wierd surging of boost during boost transition if im just feathering the pedal into boost )

3. Complete my new gauge cluster and gauge setup. ( had my innovate mtx, speedometer, and water temp gauge all fail on me within 2 months....sick of it...im going custom from speedhut )

once i do that i still want to break into the 300 mark with this turbo. Hopefully before summer time. But so far the turbo has been great even though its only about 3000 miles on her.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

project-c2
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by project-c2 »

Ah that is a good idea with the IAT sensor. Right now mine is hanging by the charge pipe. Gonna be doing this too. How did you reroute the harness? Extend wires or seperate and re harness?
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

Havent done it yet...my IAT isnt even connected :oops: .........but im going to extend and re-loom the wires. ...dont want to cut into a harness that i had just completely stripped, cleaned, tested and put brand new looming on.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

R34SR

Post by R34SR »

Well i hooked up the maf as blow thru...hate not being able to draw down super tight on my tbolt clamps on the maf...but we shall see how she holds up. She started fine...didn't drive her cause I'm waiting for all new gauges including afr.

Starting to worry a bit that i didn't reinforce the maf with anything to prevent the top from blowing off or leaking....hoping because its a brand new isis maf it will hold up to the 15-18 lbs i intend to hit.

AS for the IAT sensor...the piece of **** is too large for me to properly fit on my egr block off plate ....probably works out for the better since a few guys here expressed concern about heat soak.

I've been thinking about using the line that comes off the cold pipe right before the throttle body which would normally feed the brake booster line. Somehow making an adapter to bolt the iat to and run inline there....it would prevent me from having to make holes in my cold pipe or manifold.

thoughts? recommendations on how you guys physically mounted this .....please dont say before the throttle body...i already know this...i mean PHYSICALLY HOW, any fitting i can buy or modify?
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

hey on that IAT deal... i wouldnt do that even if it did fit. its an exposed heated element meant to go in an air box, not an induction tube at 15-20psi with god knows what velocity. a proper IAT sensor for that application can be had for 85$ (just monitoring) and has a sealed tip sensor.

from everything ive read the IAT sensor has no effect on our tuning. have you found anything different?
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

No , i don't know why i was fixated on the idea of having the ecu see the correct intake temperatures..just seemed important to me.....then again im the kind of person when i did my auto mt swap i was mad the auto crank sensor did not fit my mt bellhousing lol another useless sensor.

Well if you are certain i wont have any benefits from mounting it up...then ill just forget about the idea all together and mabe just hide it in my maf harness.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

welp i got about 17-18k miles on mine with it just dangleing by the filter.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

good to know...gonna can the idea all together.......so i guess just gotta get my gauges and complete my new dash and hit the dyno!!
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

ATL240

Post by ATL240 »

Nice setup, i'm glad the clutch problem was an easy fix! I also went blow thru with an N62 and kept having boost leaks so I JB welded the entire top. It held up for a while but I keep having small leaks(with only 7psi). I'm gonna switch to a cobra MAF and turn up the boost to 15 psi soon. I would do a boost leak test before you hit the dyno again and retune.
BADA$$240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by BADA$$240 »

Holding it down with the Nistune. Always good to see.
92 240sx RB25DET
07 R6
12 Mazda 2-all around beater
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

I window welded my maf and its holding 12 lbs fine so far
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

ATL240

Post by ATL240 »

R34SR wrote:I window welded my maf and its holding 12 lbs fine so far
Window weld by 3M?? Where on the MAF housing did you put it on?
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

yes window weld by 3m ......remove the maf cover....place a thick bead of the window weld around the lip of the cover...smash that **** back on and place some kind of weight on top....smear it on real good to form a good seal.....let it cure for 24hrs before it sees any pressure......i spiked 15 psi today and no problems.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

R34SR

Post by R34SR »

just another update.

The maf maintained its seal just fine, however it decided to die on me.....Autozone reman z32 lasted a month or so and because i hacked it for blow through its a paperweight........no worries though, Megasquirt 2 PNP is on the way!!

BYE BYE MAF SENSORS!!! hello sexy map.

hopefully by summer time i can finally have a dyno of this turbo running 15 - 18 psi.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Sweet. You will love MS.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Chris28
240sx Wannabe

Post by Chris28 »

MS FTW! You'll love how easy it is to tune, and map is wayyyyyy better than maf.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

Yea I'm excited, learned a lot from nistune but the featureset of ms at its current pricepoint was too good to pass up.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25