ISIS RS3871 @ 12psi ( UPDATE 280whp 340tq )

Dyno Sheets/Results Only! We have a separate forum about ECU Tuning and Theory
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Honestly for the rest of my life and all of my engine builds I am going to make sure MS works with it before I start a project. I couldn't imagine something with better support, feature sets, and cost.

You won't be disappointed!
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
R34SR
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by R34SR »

im glad to hear all this praise for ms coming from guys like you....i havent been this excited to install something since i first got a turbo.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Get the trigger wheel and ls2 coils to be golden.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

got the trigger wheel and gm iat when i ordered the unit, however the ls coils can wait for another day :-) wallet hurts a bit since i got a new place, tiny garage and all.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Sweet, your gonna have fun setting it up. It was fun getting installing it and hearing her turn on for the first time.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

you think i should pay for the veanalyze feature from the getgo? will it really make my life easier and get those afrs relatiely close and driveable ?
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

R34SR wrote:you think i should pay for the veanalyze feature from the getgo? will it really make my life easier and get those afrs relatiely close and driveable ?
Yes.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

nuff said
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

nismoautoxr
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by nismoautoxr »

Ditto on the full version of MLV and TS ...makes life soooooo much easier . It continues to get better and better everytime they make an update too.
Ricky Ragan,
95 SE ,LS1 N/A and T56, 230/232 @.050 cam, MS3 with MS3X,GC coilovers,17x8.5 Enkei RPF1 on 255 40 17 RS3 Hankooks, 377HP/351TQ , megasquirt3 fully sequential
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

Ive got MS2 in a box waiting to be installed.

Im not going to miss burning a billion chips, china owes me for those sst27sf512s

I even got some counterfit SST chips! lol :\
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

i just cant wait to get a pair of headphones and use that 3.5mm output for listening to knock...mabe if its better than my current homebrew det-cans i can finally ditch all that copper and vacuum tubing leading to my cabin lol.

just pulled the trigger on tunerstudio, megalog and the rs232 bluetooth adapter....cant wait to use it all with my 10" android tab...the ideas in my head are countless now, im gonna have to permanent mount my tab ! :-)
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

R34SR wrote:i just cant wait to get a pair of headphones and use that 3.5mm output for listening to knock...mabe if its better than my current homebrew det-cans i can finally ditch all that copper and vacuum tubing leading to my cabin lol.

just pulled the trigger on tunerstudio, megalog and the rs232 bluetooth adapter....cant wait to use it all with my 10" android tab...the ideas in my head are countless now, im gonna have to permanent mount my tab ! :-)
The bluetooth adapter was probably the best addition to the MS. You can carry multiple tunes on your phone if you use ShadowDash, or you can actually tune pretty much everything with MSDroid.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
nismoautoxr
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by nismoautoxr »

Yup ... doing all that with my Ivision 10" droid tab for about 6 weeks now . Its badass. Now I can just let the tab log while it displays as a HUD display. Right now MSdroid doesnt have a HUD mode but shadowdash does . It is nice to have MSdroid for tuning but its still developing. Being able to upload logs to shadowtuner from the tab has been cool. The less I gotta lug that friggin laptop everywhere I go ....the better.
Ricky Ragan,
95 SE ,LS1 N/A and T56, 230/232 @.050 cam, MS3 with MS3X,GC coilovers,17x8.5 Enkei RPF1 on 255 40 17 RS3 Hankooks, 377HP/351TQ , megasquirt3 fully sequential
mechavore884
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by mechavore884 »

hey ran across this thread a little while ago how is the S14 still holding up? have you ran into any issues...good SH!t nonetheless
HAM SANDWICH!!!!
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

meh, lots have changed, mainly me.....car ran well with the initial setup, draw through z32 and nistune made 265 hp 284 tq at around 12 psi with a slipping clutch.

fixed the clutch issue, started to get picky about the way the car ran on a draw through setup...stalling on wot 1st gear pulls when you let off due to a non recirc bov system even though i was running a synapse bov with anti-stall ( awesome bov btw)....decided to go blow through...worked well for mabe 48hrs until i blew up and destroyed my isis z32 maf....had to buy an oem z32 maf....nistune refused to work well for me with my new blow through setup..just could not pull out fuel up top no matter what i did...tuning volumetric efficiency maps, fuel maps, accel enrichment maps....then eventually that z32 maf decided to die.....all seemed to go to hell once i went blow through...maf placement was good 15" before the throttle body on the straightest section i could find......got fedup with nistune and maf based tuning and sold it ( learned a ton from it though , no regrets there...mainly thanks to 8 bit ).

Now im playing around with megasquirt 2 pnp.....and even though ive been too busy to even take the car off the jack stands, i must say...megasquirt really RESPONDS to user input much much better for me than nistune ever did....i can make changes and immediately see the changes whereas in nistune i could make drastic changes on ve maps and nothing at all would happen.....( ive read a few folks with 95 ecu's like me having similar issues , so it may be a 95 issue ).....nevertheless my main reasons for going megasquirt was just for the sheer power and overall control i now have over my motor....map sensor based, wideband input, ve analyze, launch control, boost control, any ignition setup i decide on in the future.....and when supakat told me about O&J offering up the new PNP version of megasquirt for $720....i was sold in a heartbeat.....definitely keep checking this thread for when i retune and really push this isis turbo.....
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Ya'll make me want a mega squirt!
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

8-bit wrote:Ya'll make me want a mega squirt!
then grab some lotion , a quiet spot...and you be mega squirtin in no time!
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Watch your eyes!

On a serious note, I want a Kat so bad now. Uggghhh... Makes me sigh :/

It must be a convertible next time.... :)
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

wait what? since when are you no longer a ka-t er??
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

wannabethestig
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by wannabethestig »

Isn't this a dyno thread??? :lol:
My wife "haven't you spent enough time and money on that car yet?" my answer "no"

The build thread-> viewtopic.php?t=58421&highlight=
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

meh , ill throw in a dyno sheet every few random pages.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

R34SR wrote:meh , ill throw in a dyno sheet every few random pages.
LOL
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

did a 4 yr old draw that??? id add some timing in the 4300-5000k range LOL

Well i finally got around to playing with megasquirt.....so damn easy to tune with it, makes me wonder why nistune was so much more difficult for me......

i got the car idling in the 13's pulling 28-29 kpa which is where it seems happiest, ve analyze is a charm even for a noob like me....tuning the ve table to match my fuel table was cake, used my nistune timing table as a reference and pulled out a few degrees for testing...rescaling the fuel and ignition maps was also no fuss.

the car feels stronger now than it ever did even with only 10 degrees timing at 15 psi. from 2k rpm up the car is smooth and feels great.

of course im not without issues. to get the car to start initially with my 750cc injectors, megasquirt recommended 5.5ms as the required fuel setting, and i left the injector deadtime as stock 1.000

This ended up just fouling the plugs , pig rich.....the car would eventually only start after i adjusted the required fuel down to 3.5.....still idled rich and ve values were extremely low to get the afrs i needed at idle.....In the end to get reasonable ve values i adjusted the required fuel to 3.0 and the injector dead time to .500 ....as of right now the car wont start unless it enters flood clear mode first after cranking, then when it starts it will idle good in the 13's but with sudden throttle movements it will bog down rich ( havent tuned the accel enrichment yet )....what bothers me is why i cant get the car to start easily with the required fuel settings im using.....mabe i have to adjust the cranking enrichment table, not sure still learning this thing...only had a few hours today to get the car running.

Anyone else think that 3.0ms for required fuel and a 0.500ms dead time for 750cc injectors seem off??? i remember having this same issue tuning these injectors with nistune.....i had a k value of 150 and latency around 860.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

wannabethestig
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by wannabethestig »

wannabethestig wrote:Isn't this a dyno thread??? :lol:
I will be more careful of what i ask for. Haha
My wife "haven't you spent enough time and money on that car yet?" my answer "no"

The build thread-> viewtopic.php?t=58421&highlight=
Jason M
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Jason M »

Nismoautoxr & the op, I'd like to see some pics of how you mounted your tablet's. I'm al;most ready to mount mine soon. Right now I'm going to just run my GalxyS2 mounted onto the steering wheel.

There are lots of crappy mounts on the market, i'd like something solid that does not vibrate around, and something permanent that wont come loose during a a lap.

Jason
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

ill probably use velcro.....anyways i figured out why my coolant temperatures are all screwed, the ecu has an issue, its only putting out 2.7v for the CLT circuit when it should be putting out closer to 5v. Confirmed it was the MS ecu by plugging in my old ecu ...shows 4.8v right away. God damnit, now i gotta return this ecu for repair/exchange...arghhh!!!

the little time i spent with it was a blast though.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

BoBaCk1
240sx Wannabe

Post by BoBaCk1 »

Are you using the stock clt sensor or a gm one. Reason why I ask because I'm going standalone also and they recommended that I use a gm clt sensor.
Built ka-t
Arias 8:8:1 .20 over
K1 rods
Arp head,main,rod studs
Kelford 272's,dual valve springs
Precision 6262sp .82a/r, peakboost manifold
Cxracing fmic
Fuel injector development 2000cc
Proefi pro128, e85 flex fuel
Rb25 flywheel, dxd 350z clutch
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

I saw no such recommendation..nor do I see any reason to do so...as a matter of fact they show you on their site how to configure the clt thermister tables to work with our stock clt sensor using a 3 point curve with temperature and resistance in ohms.....very very easy to calibrate and was very accurate ...until something g in my ecu went kaput.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

R34SR wrote:I saw no such recommendation..nor do I see any reason to do so...as a matter of fact they show you on their site how to configure the clt thermister tables to work with our stock clt sensor using a 3 point curve with temperature and resistance in ohms.....very very easy to calibrate and was very accurate ...until something g in my ecu went kaput.
Makes me wonder if that's what happened to mine. I never checked voltages or anything. I always thought it was a sensor/wiring issue
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.