motor mounts?

All about KA-T Drag Racing. Bragging, Timeslips, Results, Questions, Whatever
Badazzsr20
240sx Wannabe

motor mounts?

Post by Badazzsr20 »

whats up all,

i just wanted to pick your guys brain for a sec. what motor mounts u all useing on 1000hp cars? i don't want solid cause of all the chatter. whats everyone useing for motor mounts that is making big power what holds up? i have stock KA mounts and there falling apart anyone know what i should used for DD & track use.

i want something that will hold up at the track and hard racing but yet be nice and normal under daily use.

thanks guys for the info!!
RosadoRacing
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Re: motor mounts?

Post by RosadoRacing »

nobody on this site makes 1000hp and the cars that do are using solid mounts. I'm making 700hp and use xcessive. Hopefully some of the guys making close to 900 can chime in.
Badazzsr20
240sx Wannabe

Post by Badazzsr20 »

RosadoRacing wrote:nobody on this site makes 1000hp and the cars that do are using solid mounts. I'm making 700hp and use xcessive. Hopefully some of the guys making close to 900 can chime in.

i hope that the higher guys chime in but i guess since ur making the same power as i will be in a month i can do with xcessive but i will wait to see if the 900 guys chime in like you said. i rather only do this one time if i can. witch xcessive do you have or is there only kind? also how are they for daily driven is it really chattier any info would be great.
RosadoRacing

Post by RosadoRacing »

There's only one kind. There basically solid with 1/4" poly I believe it is. There great, you feel a mild very little vibration in the car but I drive around comfortable. Best part is motor doesn't move.
Badazzsr20
240sx Wannabe

Post by Badazzsr20 »

RosadoRacing wrote:There's only one kind. There basically solid with 1/4" poly I believe it is. There great, you feel a mild very little vibration in the car but I drive around comfortable. Best part is motor doesn't move.
and where talking about xcessive?

any websites or a link tot he mount itself would be helpful?
RosadoRacing

Post by RosadoRacing »

http://www.xcessivemanufacturing.com/ON ... =4&pid=241 it's urethane but you can get the optional yellow bushings that won't cause the transfer of vibration in the car
Badazzsr20
240sx Wannabe

Post by Badazzsr20 »

RosadoRacing wrote:http://www.xcessivemanufacturing.com/ON ... =4&pid=241 it's urethane but you can get the optional yellow bushings that won't cause the transfer of vibration in the car
u have the 65a?
u dont hear/feel anything?
looks like they give u a bracket to mount this on if thats the case there no good for me i need to use my custom brackets i have.
RosadoRacing

Post by RosadoRacing »

I am using the 80a bushings and no u don't need to use their bracket. Their brackets lower the engine a inch.
Badazzsr20
240sx Wannabe

Post by Badazzsr20 »

so how is the 80a is it smooth and no chatter or does it chatter and vitiate like crazy? more info please i want my car to be the stock feel but the mount hold like a solid mount does?
RosadoRacing

Post by RosadoRacing »

It's smooth I can't tell the difference. The chatter is very mild if any.
Badazzsr20
240sx Wannabe

Post by Badazzsr20 »

RosadoRacing wrote:It's smooth I can't tell the difference. The chatter is very mild if any.
ok ill get the 80a then thank you very much for the info :bowdown:
ka240de
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by ka240de »

Ive been doing some thinking about setups like mine and rosado for example, the problems that the big hp ka guys have had is the block cracking between cylinders 2&3, rumored to be due to the engine mounts not dispersing the torque enough. I recently read up in a build where the guy had made an "engine plate" on a 1000+ rb25. Engine plates are very popular with v8 guys. I have since wondered how a guy like me could utilise an engine plate. BTW rosado i bought efeezi's twinscroll t4 mani. We will have very similar setups.
1991 sil-eighty se sold
1995 bmw 540i written off
1995 pathfinder se, sold
1995 Altima gxe, sold
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

ka240de wrote:Ive been doing some thinking about setups like mine and rosado for example, the problems that the big hp ka guys have had is the block cracking between cylinders 2&3, rumored to be due to the engine mounts not dispersing the torque enough. I recently read up in a build where the guy had made an "engine plate" on a 1000+ rb25. Engine plates are very popular with v8 guys. I have since wondered how a guy like me could utilise an engine plate. BTW rosado i bought efeezi's twinscroll t4 mani. We will have very similar setups.
an engine plate would be a nightmare to integrate into the front of the ka (by design of the front timing covers), thats where v8's mount the engine mount plates.

a mid plate (between engine/trans) would be much easier to implement. shave down trans bellhousing and have a 3/8-1/2" plate that bolts up to the firewall. heck, that would solve the majority of issues where people have to bolt up starters to the ka with their different transmissions. wouldn't have to modify a transmission other than take it down enough to fit the plate
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
ka240de
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by ka240de »

Perhaps its something to consider. I dont know how much more it would transfer vibrations etc than regular solid mounts. And for guys like islide or kedbmx aiming for 900 it almost seems nessecary.
Id like to look into doing it to pioneer this setup but wait til i do a trans swap to save the machining cost on a stock trans thatl grenade in a few months. I really like the idea and think that there are only pros to it. Hell i dont even have wipers !
1991 sil-eighty se sold
1995 bmw 540i written off
1995 pathfinder se, sold
1995 Altima gxe, sold