Altima fans help?

All about KA-T Drag Racing. Bragging, Timeslips, Results, Questions, Whatever
Badazzsr20
240sx Wannabe

Altima fans help?

Post by Badazzsr20 »

Hey guy need ur help please. I have a mishimoto rad with 12" flex-o-lite fan. My car is over heating after some hard driving or running the ac. Everyone is saying I need alitma fans but I been searching but I think there telling me to get the mid 90s. I looked up a 95 Altima and that's a 2.4 4cyc. I'm running a 1jz so I'm a inline 6 does this matter? Will the Altima fan upgrade still push more air then what I have even tho I have a 6 rather then the 4banger?

Anyone can please give me some more info on this swap cause I'm trying to go to the junk yard this weekend and I what to know forsure what I'm grabbing from what car and what year?

Thanks guys!
cham
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Re: Altima fans help?

Post by cham »

They push pretty good but they say mid 90's ford tarrus push way harder
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Yea, the Taurus SHO fan pushes 500CFM on 30 amp settings and has a built in shroud. Works great on my whip and cools down the car after hard runs.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
RosadoRacing
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by RosadoRacing »

I can vouch for the Taurus fan I have it on my car and whatever temp I set it to in the ems it doesn't pass it once the fan turns on. Def need the quest alternator though
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

RosadoRacing wrote:I can vouch for the Taurus fan I have it on my car and whatever temp I set it to in the ems it doesn't pass it once the fan turns on. Def need the quest alternator though
need a better alternator if your going to use the high setting. had no issues cooling with the low setting on the taurus fan on the stock alternator.

currently in the process of wiring in the 98 altima fans to my s13 (its like 93-98 for the range), having some fun there. its a 3 relay setup instead of 1, had to go pull the engine harness from the junkyard to go with the fan so i wouldn't have to do the wiring again (would recommend doing the same, just grab the plugs and wiring to relays along with the relays for the fans, or the harness from the relay box to the fans, just need a m10 socket, knife for tape, wire cutters, flat head screw driver). altima fans are not as deep as the taurus fan, its several inches difference in depth, but the taurus fits good for the ka-t when the mechanical fan is removed.

altima fans are also dual fans (redundancy is very nice to have if a fan craps out on you)

can buy the taurus fan new from rockauto for ~70$, paid 30$ for the altima fans from the junkyard

im cooling a v8 with the altima fans road racing, so if you cant cool a ka-t then you have other problems with the car you need to fix
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
Adrenalin
240sx Wannabe

Post by Adrenalin »

Do you have a ka24de size rad or a 1jz rad?
The 1jz has a considerably larger face area.
If the 1jz rad does not fit into the 240, a thicker core and or more airflow are your easiest options.
D21 Pickup in the build - Powered by hybrid KA-R
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60135
duncan351
KA-T.org Featured Ride
KA-T.org Featured Ride

Post by duncan351 »

Altima Fans work GREAT! I struggled with different aftermarket fans for years and had the most success even in 105* temps in traffic in Dallas and A/C running with altima fans on High setting. Plus they don't draw nearly as many amps as the Taurus fan.
843whp @ 40psi
761/596 Tq 33psi 6766
http://www.enginerebuild.net
"Anyone can make power but how long can you make it last?"
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Those Taurus fans do draw some serious current. I had some wiring that overheated and melted when I was running one. And it was fairly thick wire too. The altima fans have been working great for me for the past 4 years.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread