anybody road race?

All about Road Racing/Autocross/Drifting. If this is your gig, then post about it
thegr8one013
Dreams of owning a 240!

anybody road race?

Post by thegr8one013 »

does anybody here road race? Im a heavy drag racer but wanted to try road racing out. I currently have a s13 with a ka24de turbocharged. about what rpm range do you think you would be at when exiting a corner?

and any opinions on what size turbo for road racing.
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Re: anybody road race?

Post by beercandrifter »

pretty loaded questions there. depends what you are doing, auto-cross or road courses (depends on what courses you plan on running on how to set up the car).

Places with lots of stop/go you want something that gets you into boost earlier, courses where you have long straight aways where you dont have to drop your rpm as often and can shoot for higher numbers you can get away with a larger turbo
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
thegr8one013
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by thegr8one013 »

If i was in a road course with lots of stop/go what general size turbo would you think would be somewhere decent to start off with to experiment
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

thegr8one013 wrote:If i was in a road course with lots of stop/go what general size turbo would you think would be somewhere decent to start off with to experiment
t28-gt30/32 range?
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
thegr8one013
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by thegr8one013 »

ok thanks for you input. i greatly appreciate it
Andrew45
NooB

Post by Andrew45 »

does anybody here road race? Im a heavy drag racer but wanted to try road racing out. I currently have a s13 with a ka24de turbocharged. about what rpm range do you think you would be at when exiting a corner?

and any opinions on what size turbo for road racing.
wow Wonderfull sale 50% discount sale sale 50% discount designer salwar kameez Good Luck.
nissanfanatic
SuperMod

Post by nissanfanatic »

I'd think anything that is at full boost 4000rpm+ is going to do fine.

It is a lot more important to have something that offers good transient response, not necessarily something with a low boost threshold.

Road racing brings in a lot more longevity/preservation issues. It is a lot more important to keep oil and water temps in check, and issues in lubrication/cooling will surface much quicker. You figure that you'll be 4000rpm+ for 20 minutes and WOT for a good percentage of that. A drag car goes WOT for 12 seconds and a street pull lasts maybe 20 seconds, but on track, you'll be WOT for a good portion of the time you are out there.

I'd definitely switch over to a solid oil like M1 0w-40/Rotella/GC and change the coolant out for 70% distilled water/30% coolant and roll from there. You'll need a good oil cooler setup and a way to monitor oil temps.
-Cory

2020 Subaru WRX
A long time ago...
https://www.ka-t.org/cory_b.php
Use Linux...
gold zenki
240sx Wannabe

Post by gold zenki »

i road race down here mid/south florida.. im at 9:1 compression, jim wolf cams (killing me midrange i believe) and im runnin a gt35r. 8psi.. log style manifold, cheapy massive ebay cooler... at track so far.. id honestly suggest a gr3076r that was my other option, and keeping stock intake manifold helps the lower end torque too. sometimes i see as low as 3~3.5k at some corners, and my full boost is around 4k. i also daily mine... if i could go back and choose id probably do a gt30.. good luck man!! :) ohh and some headsheild on the fire wall by you feet will def!!!!!! help, and i made a headsheild for my brake master cylinder helps alot as well!