Question about Bikirom and Tuning on Dyno

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
8-bit
SuperMod

Question about Bikirom and Tuning on Dyno

Post by 8-bit »

Ok guys, I got an OBD1 Bikirom running V3 software reliably. I bought it from a guy with a similar tune to what I'll be running, which is a good start.

I have a boost designs mani + downpipe, and if you know this setup, you know there is only one bung on the DP for an O2/WB sensor.

I dont have a wideband or anything right now and I don't plan on running with one for a while after I get dyno'd, tuned.

My main question is this: The dyno/tune will require a wideband hooked into my DP. If they swap out the WB for the standard O2 to tune (since i only have one bung), the tuner fears that the car would go into LIMP mode and throw a code. Is this true for a bikirom as well? I would rather not add another bung to the DP, since it wont be necessary once the tune is over. Then I plan on putting in a PLX-300 which has WB and NB outputs all in one sensor, but that wont be for several months after I pay off my credit card and stabilize my finances post-turbo! lol.

So, please give me any relative information you can about all this. It will also cost me a little labor, i'm guessing, for the tuner to weld the bung onto my DP, which is money I'd rather spend on the dyno or on burger king.

Help, and thanks,

EDIT: By the way, I am asking this here since my bikirom forums account still is not activated.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
TanManS14
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TanManS14 »

You can disable the o2 sesor imput to the ecu.
It's always broken.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

TanManS14 wrote:You can disable the o2 sesor imput to the ecu.
and if I did this, then we could still tune it w/out the stock O2 sensor and it wouldnt' go into limp?

could you tell me where to do this in the bikisoft? The tuning guy and I both have no experience with bikisoft, so it will be a learning process.... all the head-start info we can get would be greatly appreciated.

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
pandas14
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by pandas14 »

Just throw the wideband in the tailpipe. done.

There has been lots of testing done on how exhaust systems affect afr readings on a wideband and it turns out that there is not enough of a difference to worry about.

You may get lean readings below about 2k rpms (i.e. idle) but above that there is enough exhaust gas velocity to keep air from creeping back up the exhaust track to the sensor.
Est. 2003
www.haltech.com
-Scott
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

pandas14 wrote:Just throw the wideband in the tailpipe. done.

There has been lots of testing done on how exhaust systems affect afr readings on a wideband and it turns out that there is not enough of a difference to worry about.

You may get lean readings below about 2k rpms (i.e. idle) but above that there is enough exhaust gas velocity to keep air from creeping back up the exhaust track to the sensor.

He speaks the truth. But yea, what software are you using? Im not quite sure where it is in v3.
It's always broken.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

yeh.. i have V3 software. I"ll suggest putting the wideband in the tailpipe and we'll see what the guy says... I'd much rather do a disabling of the NB or something and put the WB in the bung i've got. I wont even be having the car tuned for about 6 weeks... I'm mostly just trying to get all the loose ends of things wrapped up before it all goes down.

Any other links to any biki-rom first-use kinda threads that could be helpful would be awesome.

TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

Yea, top of this page i bumped the thread.
It's always broken.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

TanManS14 wrote:Yea, top of this page i bumped the thread.
you are now my new best friend. <3

TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

8-bit wrote:
TanManS14 wrote:Yea, top of this page i bumped the thread.
you are now my new best friend. <3
'

Yay!!!!!! :D lol. We need to start a good biki community around here. Starting to get a lot of people using it. Im almost finished with my timing map, and once i get the fuel figured out ill post my tune (that's assuming it runs good). Good luck man.

This is what ive been told to do as far as top end timing goes on the dyno. You start at conservative number. Im nost sure what boost your on so that would change. Then you keep advancing it, and your torque curve should start to climb with each degree advance. As soon as you advance it to a high enough degree that your torque curve starts to drop, back it off a degree or two and your good. Just what ive been told. Im just gonna street tune for saefty not power. What setup up are you running? GT32? For some reaoson i thought you were on that turbo idk. Good luck, Friend!!!!!
It's always broken.
Drift Machine
240sx Wannabe

Post by Drift Machine »

Buying another O2 sensor bung and having it installed shouldn't cost more than $30usd. If you order a bung from Innovative Motor Sports they are $8.99usd. Most dyno places have 02 sensors which can be inserted in the end of the tailpipe.

To disable O2 sensor feedback, click on Adjust in the menu bar at the top of BikiSOFT. Scroll down and click on global variables. There you should see a check box on the line for O2 sensor Control Flag, simply uncheck it to disable feedback.
Finally going to re-do this project!
S13 KA24DE-T: BikiRom, 370cc injectors, T3/TO4E, 6 PSI, 220 whp, 220 tq

2008 Audi A3
2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO
1989 Kawasaki 650SX: a mess of mods, needs paint

RIP
2004 WRX Wagon: my daily baby
1996 Kawasaki ZX-6R: rat bike, -1 +4 sprockets
1996 Sea-Doo GTX: stock, 50 mph, needs nothing... except a new motor.. KABOOM!
Scarboroughdub
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Scarboroughdub »

i dunno where you guys are getting your information from, but the last thing i do is put the wide band O2 in the tail pipe,

You obvioulsy loose egt along the pipe track towards the rear of the car,

i tested this on a srt-4 while on the dyno and the readings were consistantly off by 1.5-2 points AFR.

i speak from experience not from facts found on the ever so popular interweb. take it how you want it but i warned you.

Radek
Hill climbing is a turbo sport.
qipytej
NooB

Re: Question about Bikirom and Tuning on Dyno

Post by qipytej »

ECU tuning is shared the article post of question about the Bikirom and tuning on the Dyno with the bit of advance nature. I had bought out this from a guy with the similar tune that will be running as per the college paper writing service reviews of a good initiative with the good production.