OBD1 KA24DET TUNES HOSTED AND POSTED!

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
BigLoukaT
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by BigLoukaT »

8-bit, is there any chance that we can host Calumsult program downloads on the site now that calum isn't hosting them anymore? In an effort to avoid manually sending/ emailing the exes to people who need them
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
npx from 240sxforums wrote:i figure from my very limited knowledge about the 240 and under the hood about cars in general i would follow the sr20det trend.
MTX450
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by MTX450 »

BigLoukaT wrote:8-bit, is there any chance that we can host Calumsult program downloads on the site now that calum isn't hosting them anymore? In an effort to avoid manually sending/ emailing the exes to people who need them
Which programs are you looking for?
EFI Tuner
Haltech Engine Management Systems
BigLoukaT

Post by BigLoukaT »

MTX450 wrote:
BigLoukaT wrote:8-bit, is there any chance that we can host Calumsult program downloads on the site now that calum isn't hosting them anymore? In an effort to avoid manually sending/ emailing the exes to people who need them
Which programs are you looking for?
I'm not looking for them anymore, however I needed the tp beta exe recently since my original copy wasn't working, and couldn't dl it. Luckily a member here was nice enough to troubleshoot and send me a known working copy.

Not even two weeks after I posted up looking for Calumsult stuff, another kat member posted a need for the programs. I just think that it would be great to have them hosted, if willing, so you wouldn't have to rely on people to email them out.
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
npx from 240sxforums wrote:i figure from my very limited knowledge about the 240 and under the hood about cars in general i would follow the sr20det trend.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

if one of ya'll would e-mail them all to me I will host. I know a guy right now looking for the TP beta calumsult.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
BigLoukaT

Post by BigLoukaT »

8-bit - great news, thanks. I would be happy to email them to you, but I ran into a prob trying to email them to another member last night.... one file included in the Calumsult full installer is over 25 mb, and would not compress down below 25 while zipping, so gmail won't allow me to send as an attachment
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Use the file upload service listed above and send me the link for your files

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
BigLoukaT

Post by BigLoukaT »

CalumSult - Full Installer, plus LW2 Beta and TP Beta (zipped):
http://www.mediafire.com/?2zf06ly6o3b0319

CalumSult - LW2 Beta and TP Beta (zipped):
http://www.mediafire.com/?2yfy5gmxa634qwh

I separated them to cut down on unneccesary network traffic (no need to dl calumsult full since that's 30 mb if you only need tp beta or lw2 beta). I don't know how much of a hosting service you can provide for, but i figured it would help.
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

new link for my S14, 370cc, stockMAFS tune.

emo_tactical9
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by emo_tactical9 »

I've got those files hosted also, in the link in my sig. I also have the drivers there for calumsult.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

I just cleaned up the layout a little bit and put all the XDF files at the top with clear designations... I'm considering converting my s14 370cc tune to a LC tune... sounds fun.

sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

if it matters at all, im steve and this tune was made by calum as a ball park get me started tune. after k and lat adj it was real rich (10.0) and real retarded (14* rising toward redline) WOT, exactly what he intended. i only tested it at 8psi, and just molded the bin to fit. im a bum ill send what i got, and just resend it once i retune for my faster spooling turbo in a few weeks.

This tune is a 'ballpark' tune submitted PEARL240SX who got it from a guy named "Steve" for the following setup:
72lb injectors (~740cc)
Z32 MAFS
N/A (but looks to have room up to what I estimate to be about 10psi of boost).
http://www.liquidmathematics.com/tunes/ ... Z32MAF.bin
and regarding feedback from 740/n62 users and the map u made for pearl: personally i was at
0psi=43
8=63
13=76
16=83

did he ever give u feedback or get his map from his dyno session?
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
Andyv20sx
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Andyv20sx »

This tune is a base setup tune from JWROSE for the following setup:
t3/t04e
550cc
z32 maf
S14 95 OBD1 ECU (please let me know if this assumption is wrong dude)
http://www.liquidmathematics.com/tunes/ ... %20MAF.bin

i know this is a base tune, but it looks extremely rich. im looking for a base tune to drive my car about 150 miles with this setup. i just dont want anything to happen.
body80
240sx Wannabe

Re: OBD1 KA24DET TUNES HOSTED AND POSTED!

Post by body80 »

Can someone double check this for me.
Timing seems to be set up for boost but the TP scale is set up for a N/A application.

Am I right?
Jeff
coachbag01
NooB

Oakey sunglass

Post by coachbag01 »

Yes I do have a aem wideband and turboxs knocklite.
sdaigle240

Re: OBD1 KA24DET TUNES HOSTED AND POSTED!

Post by sdaigle240 »

body80 wrote:
Can someone double check this for me.
Timing seems to be set up for boost but the TP scale is set up for a N/A application.

Am I right?
the title says DET... i would think the tp to be a large number due to the maf/inj combo. im at work so i cant view it.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Stock TP

Bin file TP and with Fuel and Spark maps
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

sonofa!! i cant see photo bucket pics at work either, lol. but good man none the less! off to my phone so i can see it.

EDIT
OK body80,
a stock bin runs past the map. about 107 TP WOT. the TP in the "tune" has def been scaled for new injectors and maf. the timing, depending on what TP WOT, is set for somewhere in the region of 7 - 13ish psi BUT i very much so DISLIKE how the timing jumps 4 degrees above 6400. thats cool if it was dyno tuned that way but id keep it the same all the way up. colum 46 may be for 7psi and colum 59 may be for 13ish psi. you can only assume with out knowing the tuner or easing into it yourself.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Andyv20sx wrote:This tune is a base setup tune from JWROSE for the following setup:
t3/t04e
550cc
z32 maf
S14 95 OBD1 ECU (please let me know if this assumption is wrong dude)
http://www.liquidmathematics.com/tunes/ ... %20MAF.bin

i know this is a base tune, but it looks extremely rich. im looking for a base tune to drive my car about 150 miles with this setup. i just dont want anything to happen.
baised on you K and injector latency 11 in the map may not = 11 on the WB. with tuning its a do what you gotta do to get it to do what you want it to do kinda deal. in my experience the K and Lat that have yeilded the desired results have not yeilded an exact match in theoretical fuel and actual. close but not exact, some tuines have been .5 off, some over 1.

TUNE THAT bi*ch and then u dont gotta worry.
beercandrifter

Post by beercandrifter »

any chance there is someone out there with some e85 tunes laying around? I know chipped ecu's are a bit different in the idle/cruise, but wanted to get some ideas for my megasquirt diypnp
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

Sorry if this seems obvious, but does the xdf with the launch control have a seperate timing map for the launch control?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

open that bad boy up with a LC bin...ya see how under scalars theres a tab for timing retard amount? thats where u enter a single value for the amount u wish to retard. likewise there a tab for time and one for speed at which its disabled. tbh im not sure what "trigger point for timing retard" actually is. keep in mind u HAVE to copy over your maps to a LC enabled bin as there is "code" written into the bin to make it work.
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

Yeah, I saw the scalars (although I didn't see "trigger point for timing retard"). I'm used to my friends Evo with a full seperate launch control timing map.

Does that "Rev Limit Ignition Retard" tab represent a completely different map? Where's the rest of it?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

nope its just a single set point. obviously, set it to 4k, mash pedal and u get 4k. its definitely a very basic thing. calum was calling it "simple launch control"
ashibah83
240sx Wannabe

Post by ashibah83 »

is there any way that someone can help me out, i just got my car running but like poo, and a friend completely ruined the tune i had, so if someone coyuld help it would be awesome

550cc injectors
t3t04e
lightning maf
93 obd1 s13 ecu
stock compression and fuel pressure
no replacement for displacement????
TRY BOOST!!!
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

How does the fan control work?

I keep changing the temps to get the fans not to automatically turn on when I start the car, but it doesn't make a difference.

I'm going on the assumption that the temps represent when the fans come on, is that right? If so, why are they still on when I set them to 99*C?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

huh. not to state the obvious, but you have to hit save bin, the fantemp program is not realtime. you also have to then re-upload the bin in tunerpro to get the changes.

im still not sure why the fantemp program is not in the original post. wink wink cody.
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

Yeah, I figured fan controlling wasn't really something you would be changing enough times to warrant RT fan control. haha

Buy anyway, I saved and uploaded the modified bins with extremely high temps and the fans still stay on.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

huh, whats weird is the factory set point is 205 iirc. i tested it and it worked, so im unsure (as u are) why their staying on. then i went and changed all values to 83c and...well it worked. i would try a fresh bin and make sure they dont go on till 205. if they go on earlier with the stock set points, you know somethings up. your wiring is all factory for that plug?
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

I have different fans, but I wired it straight to the one connector with just ground and power so I doubt it's that.

I'm assuming I just messed something up with Tunerpro because I was tinkering with it for a while trying to find my way around.

I'll play with it some more tomorrow and hopefully I can figure it out.