OBD1 KA24DET TUNES HOSTED AND POSTED!

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
jmac636
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

E85 tune

Post by jmac636 »

8-bit, I sent you my E85 tune for my setup to host.

S14 Nistune, nismo 740cc inj., z32 mafs,walbro fp, stk fpr, E85, 15psi tune.
1995 S14 daily built block nismotronics sr20det Ecu running my ka-t, synergy green S14 5.3l turbo 240sx 1/4 mile traps 135mph on 13psi and dr's.
Holset HE341 Install thread woohoo!!
viewtopic.php?t=48692
http://www.playloudclothing.com/
The Bouncer
Learners Permit

Post by The Bouncer »

what boards are the S14 tunes for (i see that some are calum), because it is my knowledge that you can not ROM tune a stock S14 ecu, is this correct? or is it that only the obd1 S14 ecu's can be tuned (basically all obd1 ecu's are tunable and all obd2 are not) sory for asking retarded questions, and probably answering them myself
When life kicks you in the ass...punch it in the face
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

hey dude, in short the early year 95 ecu's are tunable, at least calum did, but i believe nistune does them too. i think the later 95 are no go but that may be wrong. 96 plus is def a no.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
The Bouncer
Learners Permit

Post by The Bouncer »

What about your enthalpy tunes, and JWT's and stuff of that nature? Thank you for the help again bro lol
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

What about them and what are you trying to accomplish?
Original owner of a 93' champagne colored, corn eating fastback. Growl and bite is a bit meaner, but she's still my little girl.

I'm not out, just doing a couple of other things for a bit.. brb
The Bouncer
Learners Permit

Post by The Bouncer »

Nothing anymore I used to have an OBDI S14 and the question has been bothering me for some time now, so I was jusgt curious for knowledge
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

my S14 550cc Z32 MAFS tune was just posted. enjoy.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
souljaseth33
240sx Wannabe

Post by souljaseth33 »

Hey all, I'm looking for a ROM tune on my sohc. I picked up a socketed ecu with a "tune" on it but its no good. I have been doing alot of reading and searching on here, and was pointed to eccs-tech.info. I found a tune over there and I was wondering if one of you guys could take a look at it and see how it is. Im going to use this as a start to my own tuning, just want to get started off on the right foot. Ive got 460cc injectors, z32 maf, t3/t4 turbo .50 ar. Any help is greatly appreciated and I would pay someone if needed LOL. Cant afford a JWT and dont want an E-mance. Thanks!
tastyratz
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by tastyratz »

fwiw, the s14 tune 8-bit provided for z32 blow through 550cc dw injectors is damn near spot on for my now n60 draw through/ dw 550cc inj t25/s13 stock cam'ed ka-t.

I changed the vq map from the z32 one to the one for the n60 in a calum map (I ripped it from several of the maps hosted and posted here and made sure what other people used was consistent with that.)
I also changed the k value to around 200ish or so (still tuning it) and from there, I had a 90% done basemap that pulled awesome and drove like a dream. Hell it doesn't even choke on open dump bov.

This was much better than my resized 370cc/ stock maf tune for the 550cc dw's which needed a lot of work. I added a rear screen which helped the stock maf a lot but it still did a lot of spiking on the open dump bov. Eventually I will recirc, but good map!

For me 0psi is around 50tp or so, 7 psi is around 75 tp ish. cruise is 14's-15's and needs some refinement to consistantly lean out a tad (its more 14:1 than 15:1), WOT is 11.5-11.4 or so... perfect.

I also setup a more aggressive cold start ignition retard for my car. I don't mind being a little down on power if it means I get up to operating temperature faster. This car will be winter DD so should see how well it works out.
Image Click sig for Tastyratz.com to get my tech articles and car progress updates
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

thanks for the props. its a solid tune. The guy who ended up with my s14 is runnin on a ka-t that has run for 16 months with a few diff iterations and tunes. been on 12psi for about 4 months, dd. killed a 400hp trans am. its a safe tune, on his gear, for sure. its setup so that 12psi uses something like 15 btdc timing. very modest, but its 91 octane and i want him to have it for a while ;)

Lets tune!

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

Oh nice, been looking for this for a while now. This will help a lot to point me in the right direction.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
johnboy1065
240sx Wannabe

Post by johnboy1065 »

Hey ya'll,

I'm using this base map:

This tune is comes from KAV for the following setup:
740cc Deatschwerks
Z32 Mafs
T3/T04E .63 AR
"got a tune for s14 ka24de 740cc deaschewrks (however its spelled) t3/04e 50 trim .63 a/r turbo and a z32 maf, its a safe tune but it works great for breaking an engine in. if you have any suggestions to the tune hit me up. ... that tune is for 15 psi on 91 octane (note: I think it has plenty of overboost 'tune' in there as well)."
http://www.liquidmathematics.com/tunes/ ... 3%20ar.bin

I have basically the same setup. The only difference is that I have Deaschwerks 810cc injectors.

My question is:

Should I Just adjust the Injector Multiplier and injector latency until my real AFR's match the ones in the Fuel table?

Should I use the "resize injectors" tool? Do I have to rescale anything? As in load?
80mm HKS Hi-Power exhaust w/test pipe, Nistune, JGS starter turbo kit, JGS Wastegate w/7 lbs spring, DeatschWerks 810cc, Turbonetics .50 trim T3/T04E w/.48 A/R turbine housing, ETS intercooler kit, Kelford Stage 1 256/264 cams, Z32 MAF, Innovate LC-1 wideband, Walbro 255LPH fuel pump.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Tune it. The resize injectors function that also rescales the tp scales might be give. If it isn't, you will know and you will just have to do it yourself with k, latency, and tuning in general. Note that the author said its a safe tune, which suggests it will be underpowered, so you will probably be tuning it more than a little anyway.

emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

8-bit wrote:thanks for the props. its a solid tune. The guy who ended up with my s14 is runnin on a ka-t that has run for 16 months with a few diff iterations and tunes. been on 12psi for about 4 months, dd. killed a 400hp trans am. its a safe tune, on his gear, for sure. its setup so that 12psi uses something like 15 btdc timing. very modest, but its 91 octane and i want him to have it for a while ;)

Lets tune!
Do you remember what TP was what in that tune? I'm trying to get a good base for mine. I think I have mine retarded too far.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

emo_tactical9 wrote:
8-bit wrote:thanks for the props. its a solid tune. The guy who ended up with my s14 is runnin on a ka-t that has run for 16 months with a few diff iterations and tunes. been on 12psi for about 4 months, dd. killed a 400hp trans am. its a safe tune, on his gear, for sure. its setup so that 12psi uses something like 15 btdc timing. very modest, but its 91 octane and i want him to have it for a while ;)

Lets tune!
Do you remember what TP was what in that tune? I'm trying to get a good base for mine. I think I have mine retarded too far.

The part where the timing is about 24-26 is atmospheric.

jdm671
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by jdm671 »

Does anyone have a tune for my current set up?

Sr20de-t:
sti 550cc injectors
godspeed 18g turbo (18psi)
z32 maf
fmic
megan manifold

Currently using ROM tune on my s13 ka-t ecu. Need to put sr base map on my ka ecu with my set up. Lmk Need help asap! Thanks!
neverlift

Post by neverlift »

hey guys long time no text

anyways currently using the launch control xdf from PPCTX worked to my needs trying to figure this out
005c rev limiter
0052 rev limite,part II
in the scalars?
I have them matched at the moment and I really dont want to pop a motor finding out the hard way.
Thanks guys
and sorry for digging an old thread.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

one limiter is fuel one is spark, you set them a lil off of each other iirc. dont knwo which is which though.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
neverlift

Post by neverlift »

yes I am aware of their functions(as well as most of the other ecu functions) just want to know without risk.

Otherwise I love this code.
mod'd stock injectors/z32 maf/t3/12psi/stock block/air conditioned daily driver tune ftw.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

well obviously 2 step = RISK. again i cant remember which comes first but i saw stuff like one would be say 4200 the other 4300. your lucky, the s14s dont have all the ecu locations mapped out so i cant even break 4psi like this.
neverlift

Post by neverlift »

yeah the launch control and flat shift work great, I can beat the limiter and hold almost 10psi(set pressure lol) sliding.

These limiters are for something but it seems like the other limiters at 224e and 224a appear to be what controls the regular rev limiters. The launch control I have set to 3450/3500 ignition/fuel. Wonder if their is a way to taper the timing retard built into the launch control, it lacks power till I see boost. But maybe thats not a bad thing.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

i def think you want to be as quick as possible about it. build ur boost and launch as quick as possible. ive been told by reputable shops that with LC the boost is pulsing and hammering on your valves despite the gauge not registering it. i dunnno its one of those fuzzy not worth discussin topics i guess.
neverlift

Post by neverlift »

I hit mine everyday :? I cant see it being worse than at 7000rpms on the limiter tho?
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Timing retard in launch control is key to spinning the turbo up faster. You're not really supposed to make useful power with it, rather to spin the turbo up and positon the RPM for a slipless launch when you drop the clutch.

sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

cody, you ever have any luck with it on your s14? ive pulled a ton of timing and with out the seperate fuel/ign cuts i cant get past 4psi.
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

sdaigle240 wrote:cody, you ever have any luck with it on your s14? ive pulled a ton of timing and with out the seperate fuel/ign cuts i cant get past 4psi.
I'm only building 5-6psi with my MS launch control. This is a T28 at 4k and lots of timing retard and ignition cut. I think the key is to just set it higher.
Just call me Adam.
08 Honda Fit
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

im pretty sure on calum s14 ECU the only cut i have is fuel. im reading that without fuel its hard to spool it. so the s13 setup with both cuts set, close allows for you to keep some fuel in there. now your saying that your pulling ign not fuel so who knows on that theory. i agree higher rpm will get more boost but theres another issue here. people are makeing more boost then us at the same revs.
neverlift

Post by neverlift »

a t2 flanged snail should not need that many revs to make idk 10psi, considering my t3 can make 10 at lower rpms.
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

I'm not using a S14 ecu anymore. I have a DIYPNP.
Just call me Adam.
08 Honda Fit
picsbypenny

Post by picsbypenny »

This tune is comes from KAV for the following setup:
740cc Deatschwerks
Z32 Mafs
T3/T04E .63 AR
"got a tune for s14 ka24de 740cc deaschewrks (however its spelled) t3/04e 50 trim .63 a/r turbo and a z32 maf, its a safe tune but it works great for breaking an engine in. if you have any suggestions to the tune hit me up. ... that tune is for 15 psi on 91 octane (note: I think it has plenty of overboost 'tune' in there as well)."
http://www.liquidmathematics.com/tunes/ ... 3%20ar.bin

I have a very similar setup, need something to cruise one before I get my megasquirt.

what would i need to run this?
95 Silvia - KA24DET | 95 240sx - 2JZ

Build > viewtopic.php?t=57996