Ultimate EMU install writeup + tuning

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
Kfred
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Kfred »

It is clearly marked in the emanage manual what each jumper does, so check the manual on that one.

I have not used the afr target map, I'd much rather just tune it myself.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
98blackkat
240sx Wannabe

Post by 98blackkat »

ok here is another stupid question, im sure you are sick of me. but you know what your talking about so im going to ask away.

If you look up the pin out for a s14 ka the harness is right. but as you said it dosent work right. I wonder if it is using the sr as a base. here is why im thinking this. the sr and ka share the same pin out for the camshaft 40 is the reference and 41 is the position. you have the crank angle pin in 41 and the cam angle in 40. and it will log properly.

here is were they change the sr has no crankshaft sensor pin and pin 53 is the vehicle speed sensor. however the ka the crank position sensor is 53. feel free to just say im an idiot and thats not how it works I was just wondering

also my harness had 1 more wire in it on the 97-98 the comp has a intake air temp sensor if you use connector c pin 38 and splice it with wire 28 on the ecu you will have air temp to help in tuning.
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

The problem was that the guys at emanage thought that the crank position sensor on our transmission bell housings was used for an ignition signal. It isn't...
RIP Nate(480sx)...
98blackkat
240sx Wannabe

Post by 98blackkat »

ok thank you. that makes alot of sense
98blackkat
240sx Wannabe

Post by 98blackkat »

have you messed with the launch control/two step at all?
I have seen some with flame some not. im not sure I have mine right. every time I hit it it sets a cel
I may not go down in history, but I will go down on your sister.
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

98blackkat wrote:have you messed with the launch control/two step at all?
I have seen some with flame some not. im not sure I have mine right. every time I hit it it sets a cel
Yeah, i used to use the launch control, but it doesn't have a timing retard built in like on the better units. It is going to throw a cel on an obd2 vehicle if you hit an ignition cut.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
DD my S14
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by DD my S14 »

where would the Greddy Pressure Sensor,Greddy pressure sensor harness go? I have the Emanage Blue and cannot find where they connect to. I've been reading somewhere by the intake mani, but was not too sure. Thanks in advance.

Anyone??
tegls1
240sx Wannabe

Post by tegls1 »

Im tring to wireup the eman but I dont have a wire at pin 23 for the tps. Its a 95 SE A/T. Any one got an idea whats up? The car is stock and the wires have never been messed with.
If I spent half as much on me as I do my car I would feel special.
susanjq
NooB

Buy Aiseesoft Multimedia Software Ultimate with coupon code

Post by susanjq »

Aiseesoft Multimedia Software Ultimate is really the all-in-one pack bounded of 9 powerful programs: DVD Ripper, Video Converter, DVD Copy, Slideshow Maker, iPod Transfer, iPhone Ringtone Maker, MP3 to DVD Burner, Audio Converter and Free YouTube Downloader. So with this one tool, you can convert DVD and any video/audio files. All these included software are carefully selected to meet users’ all kinds of needs.

Now Aiseesoft Multimedia Software Ultimate is on discount, you can buy it with 30% discount coupon code. Its regular price is $89.00, now you need to pay Only $62.30 (save $26.70). More discounting Softwares, please visit http://www.vogsoft.com

Greenergy14
NooB

Post by Greenergy14 »

Hello

Sorry to post on such an old thread but I would like to know what needs to be done when the emu is logging 111 degrees of timing. I have read of the issue but not found the solution. When I called Greddy they would take no responsibility of their wiring schematic I used. They even admitted tho that they have not tested their wiring on a Ka, lol.

I have the camshaft position sensor tapped at wire 45 on the stock Ecu. The crankshaft angle sensor is tapped at wire 53 on the stock Ecu.

The wiring directions you kfred posted looks like the cps and cas were never tapped only the ignition signal. Please explain what I need to do.

If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

Do you have an s13 or an s14?

If you have an s14 look more closely at my schematic. The grey/white and grey/black wires go into pins 41 and 40. If you have an s13 I will have to look at an ecu pinout, just let me know.

Those two wires are the only ones you need to properly log the ignition timing.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
45psi
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by 45psi »

when running this piggy back is there a difference between the A/T and M/T ecu?
psychos13
NooB

Re: Ultimate EMU install writeup + tuning

Post by psychos13 »

question to Kfred hey bro I was wondering if the instructions above will work the same with s13 ka I am also going to run the greddy ultimate with a custom plugnplay harness and its my first time going ka-t im building my first one for testing and would like to get the most info on the ecm programing please lmk thanks
91 s13 KA24DET Under Destruction IG:ENGINEERED4DESTRUCTION
flying40
Learners Permit

Re: Ultimate EMU install writeup + tuning

Post by flying40 »

Is it a must to run the stock injectors first I already installed my 850cc sti injectors and soldered the pig tails ?also for the Rev limit you have it at 9000 is that necessary iv done nothing to my head it's completely stock . And what is the greddy presure sensor for is it a map ?and is the sr crank angle value the same for the ka24de?