E-mance NEW 2-step Vid =]

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Now that I think about it, I was told not to mention anything about it, but that was a long time ago. I forgot..! :oops:

It needed to be known, and this thread is a good place to see it, especially after his big alter-ego self-defense thing he's got going on here. I wonder how many other e-mance supporters have actually just been him under another username?
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
MasterOSkillio
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by MasterOSkillio »

Just wanted to add in here, I bought an emance tune about a year ago from ebay with an s14-s13 conversion harness. paid paypal, never got anything, When i emailed him I actually received replies to emails about how he needed more time and was ordering parts/filling orders, and I should be patient, after the paypal time for opening a dispute ran out he flat out stopped returning my emails. Supposedly later on the company went under "new management" and they would get back to me. That never happened.

Luckily for me I had done all my payments to paypal via credit card, so I did a charge back. Paypal got pissed at me, and when I showed them the emails that were sent to me, promising stuff that never came, they went and deducted money from his account.

Bought some stuff from Enthalpy got it quickly and he even gave me a better price for a tune then emance (although this may be because it was clearence stuff).

BTW I still have all the emails to prove he sent me nothing. Emance says over and over again he will send me this and that and that things are not in stock,
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

@Master - that is a persistent issue with him. Sometimes he says his family members are sick or dying, and sometimes he says there are other issues in life -- at no point is there a period of time where good business is actually happening for his customers.

He always has excuses/reasons, but they persist for years upon years, which means it is not those excuses/reasons at all - it means he is inept.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
souljaseth33
240sx Wannabe

Post by souljaseth33 »

I was browsing eBay the other day looking for new parts and came across this listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/240SX-Enthalpy- ... a9&vxp=mtr

"reflashpros" is the new name
Hebrew Hammer - The baddest Heeb this side of Tel Aviv

www.slideny.com

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
MasterOSkillio
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by MasterOSkillio »

souljaseth33 wrote:I was browsing eBay the other day looking for new parts and came across this listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/240SX-Enthalpy- ... a9&vxp=mtr

"reflashpros" is the new name
Yeah I should mention that is how I found him, he has Enthalpy's name on his stuff. I sent and angry email to Enthalpy net realizing it wasn't him, it was Jason. He purposefully makes his adds look like he his either involved with Jim Wolfe, or Enthalpy. MESSED UP
Last edited by MasterOSkillio on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

You know you guys could help the community by putting information like this in your signatures. It protects the noobs that don't know better.

The thing is --- noobs that read it and don't buy Jason's bad business, they simply end up with a better choice and never have a complaint to make -- but this also means they don't even speak up about how the 'community awareness' prepared them.

Put the info in your sig. It helps. I have ~4900 public posts. Most of them are actually worth reading -- so the awareness is spread. I'm not sure if PM's have it, but I have about 1700 PMs also of similar nature.

souljaseth33
240sx Wannabe

Post by souljaseth33 »

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but I've found another one.

"Nismovictor619"

I've got some free time at work here and there and I'm always looking for parts all over, and I come accross these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-240SX-S1 ... d=ViewItem
Hebrew Hammer - The baddest Heeb this side of Tel Aviv

www.slideny.com

Jybfan04
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Jybfan04 »

I know I got screwed over, although he was willing to work with me...

Just my injectors were far too big for my setup for a mail order tune...

If you aren't in cali, I wouldn't recommend mail order tunes from the guy IMO!
reddtrain
NooB

Thank you!!!

Post by reddtrain »

Just wanted to post a quick reply here. I was less than 30 minutes from buying an eBay ECU from REFLASHPROS when I stumbled across this thread. My tune would deviate slightly enough from stock that I might have gotten away with it, but the smart thing is to pony up the extra $$$ and go with a more trustworthy vendor.

Thank you everyone for your feedback!
8-bit
SuperMod

Re: Thank you!!!

Post by 8-bit »

reddtrain wrote:Just wanted to post a quick reply here. I was less than 30 minutes from buying an eBay ECU from REFLASHPROS when I stumbled across this thread. My tune would deviate slightly enough from stock that I might have gotten away with it, but the smart thing is to pony up the extra $$$ and go with a more trustworthy vendor.

Thank you everyone for your feedback!
This is what communities are for. We help each other. :)

TramCommon
NooB

Re: E-mance NEW 2-step Vid =]

Post by TramCommon »

Who wants another Jason/E-mance **** customer service story?

Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to buy an ECU off him about two years ago for my SOHC. I PayPal'd him the money and began the wait. I asked him for a tracking number right away after he claimed to have shipped it. He avoided the request. Two weeks passed and nothing. Again I asked for a tracking number... he avoided the request again. One month passed, nothing. Again, tracking number, nothing. Two months passed. I finally started to get pissed off. He then shoots me this beauty:

"Shoot I messed up and actidentally shipped your ecu to someone else I am going to get right on this and get another one tuned and shipped out
Sorry about that bud it was a honest mistake
Jason"

Ok, I guess accidents happen. So, I let it slide and begin waiting again. A couple weeks pass... still nothing. Again I pester him for a tracking number, which he finally does provide, but guess what? The tracking number doesn't work... surprise, surprise. Another month passes and nothing. I keep pressing him, but at this point it's been nearly three months and I've already put an SR20 into the car... accepting that my fully rebuilt KA-T will now have to be shelved because it has no tune. Roughly two weeks later the ECU finally arrives and I put it on a shelf with all my other KA-T parts to collect dust.

Fast forward to this month of 2013. I finally get around to installing the fully rebuit KA-T into a 240sx... everything's great... only, guess what? Jason's tune... yep, doesn't work for ****. Car can't even idle with it.

So, what to do. I e-mail him and explain the whole situation, I know it's been two years... but still, the whole reason it's taken two years to get it installed is because it took him over three months to get me the tune and I had to shelve it by then.

His response: "I'll re-tune it for you for $85."

It's not a re-tune... it never worked to begin with... you sold me damaged goods.

His response: "I'm being fair. You first inquire about a retune then a refund for a two year old product which I am trying to work with you. I got to get back to dyno tuning this 370z in shop.
Have a nice day."

Too bad... this could have been his chance to actually do something decent for one of his (foolish) customers.

Oh well, there you have it... yay... :(
sean240sx
NooB

Post by sean240sx »

They got me. Ordered ecu on ebay ( needed one fast ) got it real fast... It didn't work, was fried. Jason said to send it back and he would ship one out asap. It has been 3 months now and still no ecu..... he goes by a few names. Just so people know. Beware of these names. Nismovictor619, ecutunerguy@googlemail.com, and I think his real name is Jason dikeman. Hell I can get you his address and phone number to. Lol

Sean
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Tell everyone you know. It's pretty well known by now, but there's always a good reason to remember and remind.

Sorry to hear you've been screwed. Did his grandma die for the 10th time? Is that why it's been 3 months? It's almost comical how your story matches his MO exactly... Quick to sell you trash, then nowhere to be found.

airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

I really don't know how this guy is still around. He's got enough enemies by now, LOL. It sucks he's still probably making a decent wage off of scamming people and getting away with it.

Edited original post of this thread. I'm gonna go back and make it bigger.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

D@mn, still..?

Once a crook, always a crook. Jason is the biggest rip-off artist in the history of 240sx ECU tuning. And I've been in the 240/ka24de scene since at least 1999.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
SIL8D
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by SIL8D »

He's all over fb ka-t groups
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Don't forget to keep this guy in mind all the time. Always burn him and reference his story.

zerepdivad
240sx Wannabe

Post by zerepdivad »

He's still just as sleazy. I have an old ecu done by him and it actually kind of worked ok. I was going to change my setup and he wanted to charge $350 for a retune.(Back in the day it was like $50) I told him to suck a lemon. I'm going with Enthalpy.
ka-t just getting used to it now!