E-mance NEW 2-step Vid =]

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

This e-bay sale has 'enthalpy ECU' in the title, yet later is shown to be from Drape123 (identified as Jason by jmhalder), on behalf of emance. No, deceptive sales are not ok. (And if you're thinking of deleting the sale, Jason, I took a screenshot of it so don't waste your time trying to hide it else I'll post the screenshot instead. But I just noticed you've got several of these JWT/Enthalpy deceptions going on under Drape123 right now on ebay).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240SX-En ... ccessories
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

A user named "Carcrossy" on zilvia.net said and posted this:

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/141502-em ... rs-11.html
Carcrossy wrote:Jason is a pretty shady character. He sold me a consult cable with supposedly registered unique software. Turns out it is obd scan tech which is completely free. obd scan tech guy never heard of jason. Jason acturally edited the software so that "emance" shows up as part of the name of the software when you log on. ie "emance obd scan tech"

And also in that thread...
shift_drift wrote:This **** scammed me out of $55 for a ka24de ecu last year. I shipped him that **** and he never payed me. You are a piece of **** Jason...nobody trust this cum dumpster and his **** tunes.

I wish I saw this thread earlier so I could've exposed this cock bag.
xnyc wrote:anyone got this guys number? im having some issues with recieving my ecu. he decided to stop returning my emails also. i wanna give him a call hopefully i can catch him there. hopefully its not those wildfires causing him to be mia. thanks
importdude wrote:my experiances is=

when the question/pm.email is not about reciving **** just simple questions i get it with the quickness

when i am asking him to send chips//problems with tune
it takes 2-3 days

PLUS i see him on zil reading pms but no answers

im selling my emance tuned ecu
Josh K. wrote:I went with the Nistune realtime and I have more power at 15psi then I did at 25psi with the Emance tune. not sure why?
Last edited by 8-bit on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
240sxvaj
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sxvaj »

let me back up 8-bit on this E-Mance Tuned ECU

Here's a review on Nicoclub
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/3 ... ve-partial

heres what Drape123 wrote to a customer who purchase his tune:

"Took About A Month TO Get Here. The Car Doesnt Really Feel Any different. ok tho klh89 ( 96) Oct-29-08 22:06

■Reply by drape123 (Oct-30-08 16:17):
ecu needs at least 50 miles driven before you will notice the difference"

here is the link to DRAPE 123's feedbacks on ebay:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ ... &items=200

it will be the 5th one at the bottom of the page

Breaking in a ECU? i dont think so, because when i purchase my ENTHAPLY ECU, it needed no miles to break it in.

BTW, whoever that ebay buyer is, come out and speak on this!

We are here to help out the community make sure they dont make the same mistakes we did and if any one thinks that we just hating then explain all the complaints/links.
importdude
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by importdude »

8-bit wrote:A user named "Carcrossy" on zilvia.net said and posted this:

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/141502-em ... rs-11.html
Carcrossy wrote:Jason is a pretty shady character. He sold me a consult cable with supposedly registered unique software. Turns out it is obd scan tech which is completely free. obd scan tech guy never heard of jason. Jason acturally edited the software so that "emance" shows up as part of the name of the software when you log on. ie "emance obd scan tech"

And also in that thread...
shift_drift wrote:This **** scammed me out of $55 for a ka24de ecu last year. I shipped him that **** and he never payed me. You are a piece of **** Jason...nobody trust this cum dumpster and his **** tunes.

I wish I saw this thread earlier so I could've exposed this cock bag.
xnyc wrote:anyone got this guys number? im having some issues with recieving my ecu. he decided to stop returning my emails also. i wanna give him a call hopefully i can catch him there. hopefully its not those wildfires causing him to be mia. thanks
importdude wrote:my experiances is=

when the question/pm.email is not about reciving **** just simple questions i get it with the quickness

when i am asking him to send chips//problems with tune
it takes 2-3 days

PLUS i see him on zil reading pms but no answers

im selling my emance tuned ecu
Josh K. wrote:I went with the Nistune realtime and I have more power at 15psi then I did at 25psi with the Emance tune. not sure why?

HE was out of town so he couldnt help. ALSO if u read about the Problem i HAD it was infact when i brought my stock ecu to a local shop to solder
i forgot to tell them to MOVE CJ1

So it was running stock ecu which was MY problem. next time u might need to read further on the post

ALSO
YOU guys claim he steals tunes?

but then u put that his tunes blow engines up?

you guys are contradicting yourselves
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

importdude wrote: HE was out of town so he couldnt help. ALSO if u read about the Problem i HAD it was infact when i brought my stock ecu to a local shop to solder

So it was running stock ecu which was MY problem. next time u might need to read further on the post

ALSO

Actually, DeviousKA has confirmed it and has posted about it (where the quote is from). I'm echoing Devious's claims (and he is well credited).

As for your attempt at a strawman fallacy:
"Stealing tunes" and "blowing up motors with poor tunes" are NOT mutually exclusive terms whatsoever. If you don't get it, I can elaborate with example.

240sxvaj
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sxvaj »

importdude wrote:
HE was out of town so he couldnt help. ALSO if u read about the Problem i HAD it was infact when i brought my stock ecu to a local shop to solder

ALSO

Hey i never said he stole any tunes, people viewed his tune and confirmed that it was stolen, i said his tune blew my motor so you should read everything before you start talking. it actually isnt contradiction if you think logically. this is what i think happened, he stole tunes and assumes he knows what he is doing. tweak the tune to make it seem a little different but since he didnt make the tune he probably did something wrong resulting in blown motor. LOGIC......
importdude

Post by importdude »

240sxvaj wrote:
importdude wrote:

ALSO

Hey i never said he stole any tunes, people viewed his tune and confirmed that it was stolen, i said his tune blew my motor so you should read everything before you start talking. it actually isnt contradiction if you think logically. this is what i think happened, he stole tunes and assumes he knows what he is doing. tweak the tune to make it seem a little different but since he didnt make the tune he probably did something wrong resulting in blown motor. LOGIC......
yah it is not contradicting i take that back

so what im reading is

emance stealing tunes from JWT, Enthaply and makes motors blow with it

SO

JWT, ENTHALPY tunes BLOWS MOTORS ??????????????????????????????????thats where we are getting at right
240drew
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240drew »

as for the comment regarding me going with efi vs calum I at the time only had one daily driver. Thus being down a car for more than a week just wasnt an option. I have my reasons. I am now thinking of going with a calum... but i need to get other things out of they way first. i.e. new clutch, fresh'en up motor, and other primay comfort things... So an expensive as ecu may have to wait... i may just go your route and rom tune. I am still getting use to how tunerpro works but efi uses calum's basic boards Now i need a burner and consult to data log. But point being $ is an issue and my schooling, and transportation to and fro is of utmost importance as of right now. new ecu will have to wait.
Cars
1996 240sx KAt28- Sold
1992 240sx RB20- Sold
1995 240sx RB25neo- Sold
1993 240sx 2jzgte- Sold
Current:
2006 Toyota Tundra
1995 240sx 2jzgte BWs366
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

importdude wrote: yah it is not contradicting i take that back

so what im reading is

SO

JWT, ENTHALPY tunes BLOWS MOTORS ??????????????????????????????????thats where we are getting at right
Ok. Lets make the logic very clear.

1) If you think by attacking one statement and proving me 'wrong' on this specific point has any relevance to every substantial thing being said here, you're crazy - and that is called a 'strawman fallacy'.

2) It is entirely possible for a person to get a copy of one commercial tune, and (even more likely for people who are not truly pro like scott enthalpy) modify it or apply it in a way that is not specifically safe for another car -- but think it might be anyway, and then sell it as your own 'product'. The end result being that it really wasn't ok and detonation ensues.. A plagiarist can steal quotes from a great writer, though the product of his efforts is not of the same calibre. These are examples to show why your fallacy and your logic have failed to make a real point. Did you even notice the guy put his name on the software someone else developed??? ITS IN YOUR QUOTE. You wonder why I'm skeptic about a launch control setup, why I'm in this thread to begin with? Look around. And even if you showed everyone a booger hanging from my nose, it would not refute the things attested to here.

240drew
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240drew »

I have to agree that band wagoning is certainly an issue, however I do see an issue as far as misleading people on ebay to believe they are getting an enthlapy tune (infringement). Their have been some success stories it is obvious, importdude. I am not saying people haven't recieved functioning tunes. HE JUST SEEMS "SKETCH"... and if all the evidence set forth by 8-bit whether or not all being credible seems a bit overwhelming. Jason runnng a business is "hard" as you said, and making everyone happy is just not feasible. It is also creditied as the golden rule of business "The customer is always right" coming out swinging so to speak at your target consumers seems a bit contradictory to that term. Correct me if I am wrong but changing phone numbers, and forum names from underneath paying customers seems a bit shakey. To correct this problem would be very little effort on your part. Start doing legitimate business, I have worked in many different areas and bad customer review is not conducive to running a business.
Cars
1996 240sx KAt28- Sold
1992 240sx RB20- Sold
1995 240sx RB25neo- Sold
1993 240sx 2jzgte- Sold
Current:
2006 Toyota Tundra
1995 240sx 2jzgte BWs366
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

8-bit wrote:
importdude wrote: yah it is not contradicting i take that back

so what im reading is

SO

Ok. Lets make the logic very clear.

1) If you think by attacking one statement and proving me 'wrong' on this specific point has any relevance to every substantial thing being said here, you're crazy - and that is called a 'strawman fallacy'.

2) It is entirely possible for a person to get a copy of one commercial tune, and (even more likely for people who are not truly pro like scott enthalpy) modify it or apply it in a way that is not specifically safe for another car -- but think it might be anyway, and then sell it as your own 'product'. The end result being that it really wasn't ok and detonation ensues.. A plagiarist can steal quotes from a great writer, though the product of his efforts is not of the same calibre. These are examples to show why your fallacy and your logic have failed to make a real point. Did you even notice the guy put his name on the software someone else developed??? ITS IN YOUR QUOTE. You wonder why I'm skeptic about a launch control setup, why I'm in this thread to begin with? Look around. And even if you showed everyone a booger hanging from my nose, it would not refute the things attested to here.

Exactly. How can people not understand this? I ran into this same retarded argument last time this was brought up. Yes, Jason uses stolen tunes. Just because it is a JWT tune, does not mean it is safe for every setup. A JWT tune that is safe for 650cc injectors won't work too well when you run it with 370cc injectors. JWT and ENthalpy aren't the ones putting the tune onto the chips. Jason/emance is the one loading the tune. And he's obviously ***** it up in many cases.

Look about half way down the page here: http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=371858&page=3
GTR-Pryde posted the maps, and deviousKA replied with: "Those are RS-Enthalpy maps".
Last edited by adamky on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

nosajton wrote:Also, which customers did I neglect? I have a business phone number customers can call and I tend to call people back much faster than JWT or Enthalpy ever will. I also offer 1 day turn around time on ECU's, try getting that with anyone else.

Have you ever ran a business? in your business have you made everyone happy? no. i have sold over 600 ka rom tunes over the past few years and I have a few people who have came up and said they didn't like it or something happened but I still think that is a great ratio to how many people loved it.

You see 8-bit, people tend to come to forums to hate and talk negative when something is not working correctly (when most of the time it is something simple like leaking injector orings or installing the maf incorrectly) or the way they would like it and miss the larger picture of the vast majority who are happy driving their cars and not sitting on a fourm all day like yourself.

Which cars have I tuned in person from KA-T? only one really is subtle_driver

Importdude was a mail tune, I've done a 480cc tune for him, 550cc tune for him and now his latest 850cc E85 tune I did for him and he seemed very happy of the results. I'm sure there are more of my customers on this forum based on the sales of ka-t aswell.

Like I said 8-bit, I was never banned so please stop spreading lies.

Jason
FIrst off, you have straight up shady business practices. You advertise your tunes on ebay as "JWT Enthalpy tunes": http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240SX-S1 ... ccessories
There have been many people who thought they were buying an ENthalpy tune because of your shady advertising tactics. I believe Epstein (ENthalpy's assistant) has even asked you in the past to stop, and yet you keep using their name in your ads. If you type in "Enthalpy" in Ebay Search, guess what you get? A page full of e-mance ECU's for sale: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R4 ... w=enthalpy
SHADY!

Secondly, you got called out a long time ago for selling stolen tunes: http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread ... e+enthalpy

More than "a few people" have had issues with you and/or your tunes. There are numerous unhappy customers in each of these threads:
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=417620
viewtopic.php?t=36073&highlight=emance+consult
viewtopic.php?t=37080&highlight=emance+consult
http://eccs.hybridka.com/viewtopic.php? ... &sk=t&sd=a
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=371858&page=1
(There are more, I just didn't feel like spending all day searching)

As for my personal experience with you, you sold me a tune that didn't work. I understand this happens with mail order tunes. So, I e-mailed you about it and you said to send the chips back to you and you would go ahead and send out new ones. After three weeks of hearing nothing and still no new chips, I started PMing and e-mailing you and could not get you to reply for well over a week (even though you claim to be so easy to get ahold of). I ended up having to go to one of your ebay ads to contact you and finally got you to reply. You told me the chips had already been sent and must have got lost in the mail or something ( :roll: ). So you "resent them". The chips with the new tune actually worked fine, but I had to track you down for several weeks just to get them. And as it turns out, the tune you sold me was a JWT tune file that had been slightly tweaked. The timing map is EXACTLY the same as the JWT tune.

And then there's that piece of crap Consult cable that I wasted my money on. The "Consult connector" literally fell apart in my hands. And yet, you defend it like it's a good product: viewtopic.php?t=36073&postdays=0&postor ... lt&start=0

You may be a great tuner in person, but in my opinion, you still use shady business practices and sell inferior products (Consult). You've lined your pockets by selling other people's tunes, products, and software as your own.
Last edited by adamky on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

How can people still support this dude?? I just don't get it.
Last edited by adamky on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

I'm one of the first people that Jason did some tunes for. I stated my results, good and bad. I never wanted to bash the guy. Only put out there my personal experience since he was new to the game. I was the 'guinea pig' for a few of the communities.
I have no beef with him. Particularly because it was almost 3 years ago when I got my first tune. He's probably come a long way. Who know's. But it did force me to learn how to tune, and burn my own chips.

That's all I got.
zerepdivad
240sx Wannabe

Post by zerepdivad »

About a year ago i emailed jason about my afrs in boost with his tune. 10 on my eugo. Obviously WAY too rich. He asked for a flow chart and i sent it to him and emailed him back about a month later and got NO RESPONSE. Great customer service huh? The same tune also would NOT idle without having to rev it up a bunch of times on cold starts. The motor idled PERFECT on cold starts with the stock ecu.

from goatman 123321 <goatman123321@gmail.com>
to Jason D <nosajton@gmail.com>
date Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 2:52 PM
subject Re: ecu tuning inquiry.
mailed-by gmail.com

hide details 9/18/08

hey jason,
This is David you did a tune for me that was having some troubles with getting the idle right and things like that then i ended up getting 440cc dw injectors. And now it runs and everything but i didn't have a wideband until yesterday and my afrs are kind of scaring me...
Well i'm running EXTREMELY rich at wot
here are my afrs on my uego
WOT 10
cruising 14-15ish
idle 17-18

And from my understanding from reading up on different forums is that running that afr at wot is not good at all. I was wondering if you could fine tune my tune for me so it's safe. from my reading up target for wot is like 12 correct?
let me know what we can do.
thanks
-dave-

Jason D
to me

show details 9/18/08

Dave, do you have a print out of the injector flow rates?

Also idle should run lean that happends with alldrilled injectors. Driving the car for around 50 miles should fix this if the o2 is hooked up.

rom goatman 123321 <goatman123321@gmail.com>
to Jason D <nosajton@gmail.com>
date Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 8:46 PM
subject Re: ecu tuning inquiry.
mailed-by gmail.com

hide details 9/18/08

I've got about 1200 miles on the setup now and the o2 was new when i started driving it.. Here is the flowchart that i got when ibought the injectors.
thanks for the quick response.

goatman 123321
to Jason

show details 9/24/08

Well jason was that flowchart able to help anything at all?

goatman 123321
to Jason

show details 10/7/08

So i'm guessing there's nothing you'll do for me then??
ka-t just getting used to it now!
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

In one of those linked threads, I think on the zilvia one, he has the audacity to say that deatschwerks injectors are 'not new' and are prone to issues.

That is one of the most bold and blatant attempts at misinformation that I have ever seen. Deatschwerks does redrill/modify nissan injectors, but they are extremely meticulous and professional about it to such a degree that in all the time I've ever read about DW injectors, the only person to denounce their injectors as unreliable has been Jason.

Used injectors must be flowtested and might not be reliable. On the other hand, deatschwerks injectors are nothing like 'used injectors', and they are definitely flowtested by DW.

I wish he had a spine to stand up and apologize, treat his customers as they deserve to be treated, and give appropriate credit to the people from which he sources much of his 'work'.

It never had to come to this. Most people respect their customers and do their best to maintain a professional relationship and business reputation. And even to this moment, all we see in response to customers and others is 'its your fault somehow, I won't take your calls from now on'.

It is great to see people coming forward with their own testimony here, too. So many that I had no idea about! KA-T deserves better than this.

240sxvaj
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sxvaj »

heres what he told me about d-werks

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/287104-he ... start.html
zerepdivad
240sx Wannabe

Post by zerepdivad »

And To add to my post....l went through 4 different tunes before i got a running car. And he even made me buy different injectors! because he couldn't tune the ones i initially had correctly. Who knows how many times i had to change my oil and spark plugs from running WAY too rich. Then the one that i finally ended up getting was the one that was reading 10 on my wideband during boost and randomly will idle at like 11 and will not start and idle when it's cold without holding down the gas pedal.

Took about 6 months from teh time when i payed him until i had a running car. Plus add in all of the plugs, oil, and oil filters that i went through........ then the jackass just plain stopped messaging me back!

Here's also an email where he himself recommended getting deatschwerks injectors because he couldn't tune for my 550cc top feed rx7 injectors (which were flow checked and cleaned by an injector shop)

jason diekman
to me

show details 7/13/08

dude why not get some sidefeed deatschwerks or nismos i can tune those 100% and will work great right off the bat
Stay KA

Post by Stay KA »

how does he get any business with reviews this bad?

you guys are ripping this guy to shreds and he doesn't have much to say about it.

people really need to read up on things like mail in tunes before they go and pay for the services.
-Richard

Jackasknissan
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Jackasknissan »

i'll chime in a bit here

I had purchased a leight withg pulley from him, i waited over 2 months (atleast) before getting a response as to
i shall share my pm;s see to them how you will
yes it wasnt a big purchase, but still
To: Jackasknissan
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:18 pm
Subject: Re: ka24 e underdrive pully
Jackasknissan wrote:
does the under drive pully have a p/s pump groov, and the water pump/altenatpr groves, and if so i am deffinantly interested, and i will do ~ 25 shipped to canada lmk,and can i use the stock belts?

i can do $30 shipped to canada. yes it has all the grooves. i believe you can use stock belts, if not you gotta use 1/2" smaller belt
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:20 pm
Jackasknissan wrote:
could you do better on the price?,

no because shipping to canada is going to be 20 and i'll only make $15
Inbox :: Message
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:54 pm
Jackasknissan wrote:
ok i guess, go with usps on shipping to its usualy, the best on price, and me not being taged with duty if its labled used auto parts, and are e-checks oka(paypal still, just takes lke ~ Aweek toclear)
?

echecks are ok but i will wait until it clears in order to send. my paypal is nosajton@gmail.com
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:57 pm
Jackasknissan wrote:
ok so 30 usd correct?

yes.
below is me asking how he was feeling as he had just toasted his car of that cliff.
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:27 pm
pretty messed up.. havent been able to go to work, that is why i am selling all this stuff to make some money
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:20 am
Jackasknissan wrote:
damn that sucks , now i feel bad for trying to haggle with yeah, your an experenced tuner right tho?

yes i tune all ka's
after the lame e-check cleared feb22:
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:01 pm
Subject: Re: ka pulley
Jackasknissan wrote:
hey how are yah doing. I was just looking and that paypal had cleared
if you ship upsi will be raped on duty its like 45%, so enter it as gift, or just use usps, and i face no duty charges. so let me know when you ship, and pleaseuse usps ( i can chip in a few extra bucks if need be, but no more than 3 (all I got in the paypal acount)

ill send it usps priority mail and mark as gift if u send extra $3 to nosajton@gmail.com
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:02 pm
Jackasknissan wrote:
k this might be to late to answer this, but will this work on a ka24e? if not i think i might have to back out(i know you already got my money i'll just take 95% back if so( wi more that cover sellers fee's

it should work the cranks are the same on the ka's. shouldnt have a problem

if u do once u get it, i'll refund u if u cant sell it locally
^ i wasnt able to sell it as the bore sizing on the one i recieved was way way to big( the one i finally recived mid may)
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:44 pm
Jackasknissan wrote:
ok then that works great, i'll send the 3$ extra for shippin, thanks mayne , how yea feelin btw?

feeling better.. gettin better every day
feb29th: I inquired into the status of it being shipped, and it was claimed to be so
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 pm
Subject: Re: ka pully
hey buddy sorry i've been moving lately

the pulley is shipped already via usps and was labeled a gift so you dont get charged

u should get it soon
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:21 pm
Subject: Re: ka pully
wed or thursday bro.. sorry i didnt get back to u.. just moving is a bi*ch
after 30 days I asked about the status of my pulley
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 am
Subject: Re: pully
Jackasknissan wrote:
hey i KINDA NEED TO KNOW SOON, please respond, or i'm gonna have to say somthing in a post for for sale, I dont eanna be a dick, but i need some kind of help here I havent got it yet, and its been to long for shipping

yes i shipped it but it came back saying undeliverable as addressed. what is your address again?
I then recieved no information nor pulley from him until may 8th. but i did send a pm to ryan Klatt inquiring what can be done, this was done on apri 23
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:21 am
Subject: Re: issue with nosajton
unfortunately, there's not much I can do on my end to force him into any action. our "for sale" section is at your own risk.

BUT, if you paid through Paypal, they have a few buyer protection actions you can take. I've had something similar happen, but when you fill out a complaint with Paypal, it forces the seller to provide a legit tracking # after a certain amount of time...otherwise, paypal pays you back (not sure how much) and then suspends that persons account.

hope this helps,
ryan
then after waiting 2more weeks I made a public post comenting upon my situation
and guess what?
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:42 am
Subject: are you crazy?
are you crazy? i told you i was sending you another one.. im not trying to rip you off but now i am **** out of 2 pulleys and you barely paid **** for them. so now im *****. plus shipping was over $20 on EACH

i sent this new one to:

Delivery Jack Walker
Address: 3150 10th ave
Keremeos British Columbia V0X1N0
CANADA

Tracking #: LJ300984705US

Weight: 3 lbs 9 oz
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:50 pm
Subject: Re: are you crazy?
Jackasknissan wrote:
yeah ok, if i recieve both i will send one back but you did claim it was returned incorectly adressed then you said your try again, I am sorry to b a bit of a dick but i also dont wanna get burned here, i try to be fair, and I would have apreciated some more pm/insight to what is going on

i dont go on forums to rip people off... it was an honest mistake. i dont sit on forums all day i have to work 10+ hour days.. that is why it takes some time for me to respond
yet there still was time to tune and take care of other people..... also the only pulley I ever recieved was this one, and it was dated may5th for the date it was recieved into the post thats around 9 weeks after payument cleared.

and once he actually did ship I recieved it on the 16th of that month.
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:03 pm
hello, did you get the replacement pulley i sent?
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:21 pm
Jackasknissan wrote:
yeah i did on the 16th, sorry forgot to tell you, sorry aboput the bs tho thru all this, and thatnks for checking in
i got a question you might be able to answer
what voltage does the oem bosch O2 sensor read at at crusing in perfect afr(14.7),

14.7 would be half a volt 0.5v
looking back in retrospective he didnt do all that bad when he responded, I do think that if i wasnt persistant for as long as i was this could of ended differently
but still 11 days to get there not 2 trys a moth apart.. i know shipping isnt perfect I fully expect items to take a while to get there but not that long.

im not upset with him, but i doubt i would do buiness with him again

very many can atest to me being a honest buyer on here I always pay promptly and try and be fair

thats my half of this story

cheers,
jack
Turbo24sxt wrote:SOHC > DOHC ... period ...
oaznbeasto wrote: Hey 6 posts, Go **** yourself! learn something then post[/quote
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Where are you now NOSAJTON? Where are you when people have problems? Where are you when you have to account for yourself? Where are you when someone wants to ask you why your name is on software you didn't make?

Stand up, have some dignity and show us you deserve respect. This thread will be echoed to nearly every discussion about you in the future. KA-T is watching and many members here are going to remember this very thread and talk about it. The way you do business is not honorable and you will lose from that.

Welcome to my sig. This community will have its eyes on you until you decide to do honest business. I will not let these things go unnoticed. I come to KA-T to help people.

boyce

rip off emance

Post by boyce »

anyone notice:
NOSAJTON is NOT JASON spelled backwards? :roll:
Jason has screwed too many people over.
Emance must fall. No more deceptive business practices, blowing up engines and ripping people off. :x
He is finished, I will reiterate this information to ever ka/240 related person I know. You shady ass piece of crap, we all know your a crook!
twofortydriver wrote:he got t-boned by a fire hydrant trying to drift before he could do the swap
240drew
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240drew »

No ^^^ need to make blaten accusations... even if they are completely and entirely true be cordial and don't shrink to his level by name calling. :D I for one can say its a bad thing in the car community to have a group of customers defacing your name. It has put many a people out of business. Honest business is good business... he said he was going to "SEMA" i am going to say if he doesn't show his proverbial face and account for actions that he has committed. I will not recommend anyone and will be another of the people to add to the systematic defilement of your ilegitimate business.
Cars
1996 240sx KAt28- Sold
1992 240sx RB20- Sold
1995 240sx RB25neo- Sold
1993 240sx 2jzgte- Sold
Current:
2006 Toyota Tundra
1995 240sx 2jzgte BWs366
240sxvaj
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sxvaj »

240drew wrote:No ^^^ need to make blaten accusations... even if they are completely and entirely true be cordial and don't shrink to his level by name calling. :D I for one can say its a bad thing in the car community to have a group of customers defacing your name. It has put many a people out of business. Honest business is good business... he said he was going to "SEMA" i am going to say if he doesn't show his proverbial face and account for actions that he has committed. I will not recommend anyone and will be another of the people to add to the systematic defilement of your ilegitimate business.
I would love to see his face when people confront him at SEMA. I bet he is gonna bring some of his buddies to back him up on his tunes, saying that it works fine and is gonna blame other things instead of his tune.
emo_tactical9

Re: rip off emance

Post by emo_tactical9 »

boyce wrote:anyone notice:
Emance must fall. No more deceptive business practices, blowing up engines and ripping people off. :x
He is finished, I will reiterate this information to ever ka/240 related person I know. You shady ass piece of crap, we all know your a crook!
Holy crap! Boyce? I haven't seen you on here since around the time I joined.
Yeah, I didn't notice that before I knew that he was emance, but then I put it together.
And I think I was wrong about him having different names on this forum. I think it came about from another forum or perhaps him just being shady. I mean, nosajton, really?
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

240sxvaj wrote:
240drew wrote:No ^^^ need to make blaten accusations... even if they are completely and entirely true be cordial and don't shrink to his level by name calling. :D I for one can say its a bad thing in the car community to have a group of customers defacing your name. It has put many a people out of business. Honest business is good business... he said he was going to "SEMA" i am going to say if he doesn't show his proverbial face and account for actions that he has committed. I will not recommend anyone and will be another of the people to add to the systematic defilement of your ilegitimate business.
I would love to see his face when people confront him at SEMA. I bet he is gonna bring some of his buddies to back him up on his tunes, saying that it works fine and is gonna blame other things instead of his tune.
i didnt see him at sema, and i would have noticed him
ryans13
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by ryans13 »

2 years ago JWT told me not to use deatshwerks injectors because they were modified, their is a thing on the tech part of their site about drilled injectors being problems, i have deatchwerks 550's though in my car

8-bit wrote:In one of those linked threads, I think on the zilvia one, he has the audacity to say that deatschwerks injectors are 'not new' and are prone to issues.

That is one of the most bold and blatant attempts at misinformation that I have ever seen. Deatschwerks does redrill/modify nissan injectors, but they are extremely meticulous and professional about it to such a degree that in all the time I've ever read about DW injectors, the only person to denounce their injectors as unreliable has been Jason.

Used injectors must be flowtested and might not be reliable. On the other hand, deatschwerks injectors are nothing like 'used injectors', and they are definitely flowtested by DW.

I wish he had a spine to stand up and apologize, treat his customers as they deserve to be treated, and give appropriate credit to the people from which he sources much of his 'work'.

It never had to come to this. Most people respect their customers and do their best to maintain a professional relationship and business reputation. And even to this moment, all we see in response to customers and others is 'its your fault somehow, I won't take your calls from now on'.

It is great to see people coming forward with their own testimony here, too. So many that I had no idea about! KA-T deserves better than this.
1991 240sx fast back ka24de
1990 240sx fastback ka24de-gt2871r hottness
zerepdivad
240sx Wannabe

Post by zerepdivad »

Heres an emance ka-t idle after taking around the block twice.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFnoWpfKvcE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOFnOmpi7Cs

look at the afr on my wideband....
nosajton

Post by nosajton »

Dang i didnt think this page would have two threads by the time i got back from SEMA, great show btw.

I am going tired but am going to try to answer some of these quotes from you guys, specifically pay attention to the one about
chue240sx and his engine blowing.

I have never hidden my face, I have always been a phone call away, sorry if i cannot sit on forums been busy tuning cars and
learning consult 3 reflashing of newer nissans ecu's.
8-bit wrote:]

-Emance took calum's consult cable designs and does a shabby job of reproducing them and sells them, working or not, to people.
At least a couple people on KA-T have attested to this. Not only that they don't work, but that emance was available for
contact before and during purchase, but out of contact after that point. Tell us about that nosajton. Tell us the truth. I'll
get calum to come on here, so I hope you're honest.
I never hidden the fact my cables are calums design, they even still say calum on the consult board, its a great design and i
personally asked him in 2006 if i could make them and sell them and he had no problem. what did i do wrong? trying to make a DIY
consult board for people that works for a good price.
shift_drift wrote:This **** scammed me out of $55 for a ka24de ecu last year. I shipped him that **** and he never payed me.
You are a piece of **** Jason...nobody trust this cum dumpster and his **** tunes.
he sent me a burned ka24e ecu, not a ka24de ecu. i filed a dispute and won.
chue240sx wrote:Well, i cheaped out on my tune because budget was short and I needed a tune quick to get my car running. Ran
into emance on ebay and ordered a tune for my setup. First tune was alright, I can drive it around but in WOT a/f were in the
12s and 13s if I remember correctly. Then I got a retune from him and things were better. But next, everytime I hit around
70mph at WOT, my TXS knock light shows knock. And it kept on doing this all the time so I thought it was maybe mechanical
related so I checked everything and even performed a boost leak test and everything was fine. Also, a/f at wot was like high
12s. So I'm sure it was the tune that contributed to the knocking because it was knocking at that specific point. And as a
result I blew my first piston. I took out the piston and a piece cracked off. If only I have taken pictures of the piston. Oh
yeah, before all this the motor was healthy. Did a compression test and all cylinders read 205+/-3. Everything I bought was
brand new too, except for the oem s15 injectors I bought from Sunnys14 which were working perfectly for his tune he got from
enthalpy.
If you had 205psi, you are not within spec and is why your motor blew. probably due to carbon build up on pistons. 179 psi is
stock compression, at 179 psi you will have a compression ratio of 9.5:1. also if it was from carbon build up, this creates hot
spots on the piston which will lead to detonation. from doing quick math, if you had 205psi you had approximately 10.2:1-10.3:1
compression ratio which would explain your results.

please read http://www.autospeednet.com/sites/3daut ... rm/3681/0/ for more information about carbon buildup and hot spots. i see it quite a lot on ka teardowns.

240sxvaj wrote:let me back up 8-bit on this E-Mance Tuned ECU
"Took About A Month TO Get Here. The Car Doesnt Really Feel Any different. ok tho klh89 ( 96) Oct-29-08 22:06

Reply by drape123 (Oct-30-08 16:17):
ecu needs at least 50 miles driven before you will notice the difference"

here is the link to DRAPE 123's feedbacks on ebay:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ ... &items=200

it will be the 5th one at the bottom of the page

Breaking in a ECU? i dont think so, because when i purchase my ENTHAPLY ECU, it needed no miles to break it in.

BTW, whoever that ebay buyer is, come out and speak on this!

We are here to help out the community make sure they dont make the same mistakes we did and if any one thinks that we just
hating then explain all the complaints/links.
please download your enthalpy fuel map, you will notice you transition out of loopback mode at 24tp so basically only idle and
taking off, my tunes you are in loopback mode all the way till around 60tp for great fuel economy. the ecu goes into learning
mode once its freshly plugged in and is constantly adjusting each loopback cell.. i tell people 50 miles to be safe but really
it only takes about 10 miles. rather say 50 and it works in 10 then say 10 and it takes 20.
240sxvaj wrote:Hey i never said he stole any tunes, people viewed his tune and confirmed that it was stolen, i said his tune
blew my motor so you should read everything before you start talking. it actually isnt contradiction if you think logically.
this is what i think happened, he stole tunes and assumes he knows what he is doing. tweak the tune to make it seem a little
different but since he didnt make the tune he probably did something wrong resulting in blown motor. LOGIC......
deviouska saw the fuel map since all the high load cells are same value, that is how enthalpy tunes ecu's as well and modify
enrichment tables. just because all top load are same value does not mean i stole it from someone thats like saying because my
car is blue i stole your idea. they are total different values and enrichment tables.

8-bit wrote:In one of those linked threads, I think on the zilvia one, he has the audacity to say that deatschwerks injectors
are 'not new' and are prone to issues.

That is one of the most bold and blatant attempts at misinformation that I have ever seen. Deatschwerks does redrill/modify
nissan injectors, but they are extremely meticulous and professional about it to such a degree that in all the time I've ever
read about DW injectors, the only person to denounce their injectors as unreliable has been Jason.

Used injectors must be flowtested and might not be reliable. On the other hand, deatschwerks injectors are nothing like 'used
injectors', and they are definitely flowtested by DW.

I wish he had a spine to stand up and apologize, treat his customers as they deserve to be treated, and give appropriate credit
to the people from which he sources much of his 'work'.

It never had to come to this. Most people respect their customers and do their best to maintain a professional relationship and
business reputation. And even to this moment, all we see in response to customers and others is 'its your fault somehow, I
won't take your calls from now on'.

It is great to see people coming forward with their own testimony here, too. So many that I had no idea about! KA-T deserves
better than this.
check my post below on this issue, its not the quality of service they provide, its the fact sometimes you dont know what
injector was modified to get correct injector lag times.

Jackasknissan wrote:i'll chime in a bit here

I had purchased a leight withg pulley from him, i waited over 2 months (atleast) before getting a response as to
i shall share my pm;s see to them how you will
yes it wasnt a big purchase, but still
i told you in the beginning i didnt know if it would work on your single cam motor, so that is why i sold it to you for so
cheap. one did get lost in mail and i fixed it. i wouldnt rip you off for $35 dollars.

remember you live in canada shipping takes longer

8-bit wrote:Where are you now NOSAJTON? Where are you when people have problems? Where are you when you have to account for
yourself? Where are you when someone wants to ask you why your name is on software you didn't make?

Stand up, have some dignity and show us you deserve respect. This thread will be echoed to nearly every discussion about you in
the future. KA-T is watching and many members here are going to remember this very thread and talk about it. The way you do
business is not honorable and you will lose from that.

Welcome to my sig. This community will have its eyes on you until you decide to do honest business. I will not let these
things go unnoticed. I come to KA-T to help people.
i was at sema like i said i was on tuesday. im not trying to hide. anyone want to talk to me about this feel free to call my
number posted on e-mance.com
boyce wrote:anyone notice:
He is finished, I will reiterate this information to ever ka/240 related person I know. You shady ass piece of crap, we all know
your a crook!
yep that is notjason spelled backwards, i am not trying to hide anything it was a inside joke between friends when i signed up
for the gmail account 6 years ago. 'notjason@gmail.com' was taken so i spelled it backwards. if i was trying to hide anything i
would of used a totally different name.

read the entire post, the one guy who says his engine blew had over 200psi compression which is much higer than stock which
means he probably had carbon build up on his pistons which would of made compression over 10:1 google carbon buildup. i cannot
speak for the other tune, but many many tunes have been sold after 240sxvaj and the other guy.
240sxvaj wrote:
I would love to see his face when people confront him at SEMA. I bet he is gonna bring some of his buddies to back him up on his
tunes, saying that it works fine and is gonna blame other things instead of his tune.
why would people confront me? i have hundreds of happy customers, and a few who are not happy but is everyone 100% happy with
jwt or enthalpy?[/quote]
TinyT wrote:i didnt see him at sema, and i would have noticed him
I didn't see you either, wish i would of.

Saw the BRE guys though.

ryans13 wrote:2 years ago JWT told me not to use deatshwerks injectors because they were modified, their is a thing on the
tech part of their site about drilled injectors being problems, i have deatchwerks 550's though in my car
and theres a reason for this, when they redrill injectors not only can they have a funky flow pattern, you have no idea what
injector they used as a 'core' e.g. 270cc stock ka injectors, 480cc injectors, subaru injectors, etc they all have different lag
times and even though they are sold as '550cc injectors' they can flow anywhere +- 28cc's since that is within the acceptible 3%
range. this is why i recommend new injectors over reflowed.
zerepdivad wrote:Heres an emance ka-t idle after taking around the block twice.....

posting.php?mode=reply&t=45057

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOFnOmpi7Cs

look at the afr on my wideband....
i cant see that video well, if it is rich it could be from a number of things, what is your setup? most of the time it is leaky
injectors if it is running rich, but could be maf how was your maf wired? how close was it to turbo? im not saying that it could
not be the tune, just trying to narrow it down.
97 s14, fully built ka-t, arias 8.8:1 pistons, eagle rods, all arp hardware, 11mm head studs, p&p head, bc264 cams, z32 5 speed, jwt 350z clutch/rb20 flywheel, boost designs mani, gt35 , xcessive intake manifold, 1000cc injectors, Ford Lightning mafs, E-Mance ECU 32 psi and running on clean E85!

95 KA-T RIP you saved me life!
Jackasknissan

Post by Jackasknissan »

how come the pulley doesnt fit on a dohc them?

I know shiping takes longer, but not 2 months, the longest i have waited was 26 days on some injectors.

***** ive goten **** from florida in under a week, witht he basic cheap post. I know thats above average..

even when I got the pulley from you it took 11 days to get there, not 2 months.

i am glad i didnt get entirely burned. but im stuck with a pulley that doesnt fit ***** all.
Turbo24sxt wrote:SOHC > DOHC ... period ...
oaznbeasto wrote: Hey 6 posts, Go **** yourself! learn something then post[/quote