E-mance NEW 2-step Vid =]

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

He has had chances for years and now he has a standing bad reputation. And even since we've had this big blowout on here where Jason apologized for a few things he is *STILL* doing junk business.

Every day with every customer he has a chance. Does he still title his ads as enthalpy? Does he still slap his name on the OBD scan tool? Does he still screw customers once he has their money? Are his tunes still much more unreliable than other mail order tuners? All yes.

After so much doing wrong he'd have to do right for a while for me to ever stop echoing how dangerous it is to do business with him.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
takumi
Learners Permit

Post by takumi »

on emance I can only say that it is a "crook" you buy on ebay 2 chip one for my KA24DE and another pa 1G gsx eclipse earlier this year and never sent to me every week to send him an email to see if worthy of reply and give me an explanation and say "you should have come long ago" when the link connecting never took another position other than the U.S. and I'm from Spain.
I never knew and I found the price very good but is a scammer do not buy.
greetings to all
Ares240SX
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Ares240SX »

Screwing people out of their money world wide?
1991 Nissan 240SX (Project Car)
1968 Ford F100 (Classic Truck Project)
1989 Chevy R2500 Suburban w/ 454 (Tow Vehicle)
1998 Honda Accord LX (Daily Beater)
stinky_180
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by stinky_180 »

I bought a consult cable from E-mance about two years ago. The DDL connector supplied with the cable was complete crap! It wouldn't even fit into the female DDL connector. I had to order an OEM male DDL connector +pins from the guys @ecutalk.com. I've also read on here that E-mance KA24E tune is actually NA3 tune from Gabe (deviouska/hybridka).

just my 2 cents...
El_Cangri
240sx Wannabe

Post by El_Cangri »

Was looking for info on consult cable looked what popped up...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-E ... 4688wt_989

Ooh look at the top quality... Omg! It's Nissan original come on look at the location!!
ranger2339
NooB

Post by ranger2339 »

So I was looking on Ebay and ran into this E mance ECU labeled as an Enthalpy ECU, came on here to research the issue and ran into this thread.

How can they do this, shouldn't they be getting sued?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240SX-En ... ccessories
M4J0R T0M
Learners Permit

Post by M4J0R T0M »

I'm just getting into the KA-T game and boy am I glad I found this thread. Thanks to 8-bit for linking this in his sig.
sh1tsweak

Post by sh1tsweak »

i had gotten stuck with an emance ecu, someone was selling it on here and told me it was an enthalpy ecu but didnt know what it was tuned for. so i bought it figuring i could send it to enthalpy, they could retune it and i could be good to go. i get the package in the mail and its an emance ecu right on it it says its tuned for 440s and stock maf. ok i was pissed but i rolled with it and needed the car to run asap. i contacted jason who seemed very helpful. he send me 2 new chips for my setup....car ran.....kinda...for like 5 minutes, i pulled it into my garage...shut it off and then wouldnt start agian. no spark...sweet.

tossed my buddys enthalpy ecu, runs perfect. emailed jason, not helpful, blaming that the ecu wasnt tested beforehand. whatever, the guy can keep the money, he needs it more than me i guess lol. i bought nistune so he can eat me.
NiSilS14
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by NiSilS14 »

I bought an ecu from emance around july of 2010. The reason why I decided to choose emance was the price. I was trying to put together a budget t25 setup to use in the time being. Little did I know about his checkered past, I should've really researched this before purchasing. I suppose I was so excited to have a running car that I overlooked that fact. Fast forwards about 7 mos. I get everything together, bolted in and ready to go. Go to start the car, nothing. I don't hear the pump priming, test spark and there is nothing. Plug in the factory ecu, car starts right up. Albeit a little rich but it runs. I take it to my buddy who has the same setup, plug it into his car and same thing, nothing. Obviously I've been sold a fried ecu. I email emance about my issue, he replies back about sending me a new tune. At this point, I decided I wanted a refund. A few days has past and no reply. I think it's safe to say that he's not here to do legitmate business with anyone, as it is seen here throughout this thread. In a way I feel like this is my fault where i overlooked a very important step in purchasing part and that's researching. I suppose I was so budget-minded and knew enough to put together a turbo kit, that I didn't do research I should've done. However, no matter how much blame I can try to put on myself. It's still no reason that anyone should be running a shoddy business.
shift_s14
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by shift_s14 »

well, i just email jason to get a quotation for a tune, he reply very quick, but honestly after reading all this threat i'm not going to get a tune with him, some people are happy but some other people are not, my personal opinion is to go with someone that has good reputation, if i have doubts, is better for my to pay a little bit more but just one time
sh1tsweak

Post by sh1tsweak »

jason seemed helpful and replyied fast to me, until he got my money and the ecu was fried.
Jybfan04

Post by Jybfan04 »

He won't ever see a dime again from me nor anybody I know that owns a KA or SR. That guy's customer service is horrible, if he improved on his availability and timeframe it takes to respond the issue I was having probably could have been resolved. But after looking at the tune he sent and having my current tuner look at them as well as Enthalpy he blantly copied Enthalpy. Its sad I got more advice and help from Enthalpy who I didn't even own a product from and Steve from Rom is burning.

This guy left a real sour taste from dealing with him.

8)
OnTheChip
240sx Wannabe

Post by OnTheChip »

You may want to watch out for Steve at Rom is Burning too. He is a TunerCode dealer, but hasn't payed for the TunerCode licenses he's sold.

Dave
www.tunercode.com
Jybfan04

Post by Jybfan04 »

PM sent

:)
S13ship
NooB

Post by S13ship »

I hit Jason up about a tune a few months ago. I told him the setup (basic n62 maf, 370cc's,t3/t4, safcII,etc)I had and that it was an s14 setup I'n an s13. He quoted me and I sent him the money via paypal with no issues... Everytime I would hit him up he seemed to take forever to respond but maybe it was just my impatience. I noticed I would ask specific ?'s that would get avoided such as the turn around time from the time shipped and recieved. After waiting I decided to just buy a spare ecu n have it shipped straight to him so my car saw no down time. He got it and it took him over a week to reply to multiple messages just to tell me he had it and then another week to say he couldn't tune it because it was a s14 ecu n y would I have an s14 ecu I'n my car. I told him that's the way it had to be under circumstances and that's what it was... About 2 weeks later without contact and fighting through paypal to getmy money back I recieved the ecu and daughterboard I'n the mail. Now I spend most of my tine on zilvia but always patrol this forum for specific Info, but on zilvia I found 2 seperate members selling emance tuned s14 ecus for about $60 less than I paid just to have it shipped back

I than hit him backup asking y he lied, kept my money, and sent back my part if he can infact tune s15 ecus and his answer was along the lines of , yes I can, the price of the yen I'n japan went up so send me another $125 and I'll tune it no prob! I was like WTF dude! Long story short, I feel cheated. I expressed to him the reason y I chose his tune and put I'n good faith he had improved his services after tge multiple lynchings on diff forums. All I'n all I hope he figures it out because one of these days he's gonna scam the wrong person that ain't gonna let him get away and they r gonna go straight to his ass n break his face.... ( that someone woulda been me if it wasn't for my son being born)
PuNcHdRuNk

Post by PuNcHdRuNk »

another sad story to add to the heaps and heaps, sorry you went with emance mang i made the same mistake. go with nistune, i cant say enough good things about the setup, infact i dont know anyone who has had a terrible experience with the setup, i wish i would have started there.
S13ship
NooB

Post by S13ship »

Yea punch I really shoulda started at that point. But the fact now lies that the money I had set aside to even do it.... Is half way gone cus the asshole hopped me $200. **** for that I shoulda saved the money and went with jwt or eth but isn't and I had a previous issue with a diff tuner when I had my sr. Fact of the matter is if he was a standup dude( and Jason I'm sure u read n check up on all this) he would have at the least refunded me something. I know a god damn daughterboard didn't cost u $200. U coulda cut ur losea given the sit I told u I was I'n n helped me out at least a little. Don't u think that would have helped ur name just a little? Idk man I think if I saw him I'n person I'd KO him n piss on his car. (and only pee on it because it deserves more respect than he does it can't help it's owner is a dick)
ICEMAN.KCMO

Post by ICEMAN.KCMO »

well, im going to chime in. Back before i started doing tuning for my self, I bought a tune from him. This was maybe 3-4 years ago. I asked him before i bought the tune if it would work in a 95 S15.

He replied yes. I get it, and it is just a single 27c256 chip. I was pissed. I get the chip and a peice of paper saying if i had a 91-94 ecu i would need to buy a daughterboard, and if i had a 95-98 i would have to get a conversion harness and s13 ecu.

Very shady. I didn't get the real story til i recived the chip..

However, If it wasn't for him, I might not hav etried to learn how to tune. Now i am doing most of the 240sx tuning in kansas city..

Thanks for that i guess...
Steve.
Caveit77777
240sx Wannabe

Post by Caveit77777 »

I was sent an emance ecu with my turbo setup but luckily I just read this thread. Definitely about to go Enthalpy whether its more or not, its worth it. I emailed a bit ago asking what all I needed to send him tune wise that way I could start getting whatever info I need and he said once I send him $200 he would discuss that with me. WTF? And that response alone took like a week. I don't give a ***** how busy he is, my dad owns his own contracting company and I can promise you that if you send him an email in the morning, you will get one back that afternoon or night at the latest.

If you're running a tuning company like this then man the ***** up, put the hours in, and take some god damn responsibility and do it right. I'm surprised Jason hasn't got his ass beat or car stolen from a customer from what I've read in here. **** pisses me off
1996 Zenki: Arias 8.8:1 Forged Pistons, AMS Sportsman Series Rods, Tial 38mm, 370cc, Fel-pro Gaskets, New Stock Crank, Nismo Thermo, Nismo Mounts, Dual Canister Exhaust, Walbro 255, T3/T4 Turbo, Mishimoto Rad, Isis Fans, HKS SSQV, SPL Tension Rods, GAB Revo Sport II Coilovers, Enthalpy Tuned... more to come
crazys14
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by crazys14 »

I see ka-t is still on the hate bandwagon.

A lot of people been asking what happened to jason and he just expanded locally and has been busy taking care of local cars for this weekends drags. only hate I hear is on forums plus i've seen his work first hand on my car and many others with great results. How many other ka-t's are running a daughterboard ecu making over 700whp?
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

crazys14 wrote:I see ka-t is still on the hate bandwagon.

A lot of people been asking what happened to jason and he just expanded locally and has been busy taking care of local cars for this weekends drags. only hate I hear is on forums plus i've seen his work first hand on my car and many others with great results. How many other ka-t's are running a daughterboard ecu making over 700whp?
Again, just because you've got a tune that was done in person and worked great doesn't make up for his incapacity to do it well by mail --- and furthermore it doesn't undo any of the extremely poor business actions that people consistently complain about.

It isn't a hate bandwagon, its an expression of multiple grievances that Jason has caused. Your 700hp tune doesn't undo hex-editing a program to make it look like he wrote it. It doesn't undo the fact of being easily available to contact up until payment, and then unreachable thereafter. It doesn't undo the fact that some have lost lots in damaged motors due to his bad mail-order tuning skills (lack).

Its pretty ridiculous of you to point at people with serious complaints and act like they should shut up. Its pretty ridiculous for you to think that because someone did something right, that what they did wrong didn't happen or shouldn't be mentioned.

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
crazys14
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by crazys14 »

8-bit wrote:
crazys14 wrote:I see ka-t is still on the hate bandwagon.

Again, just because you've got a tune that was done in person and worked great doesn't make up for his incapacity to do it well by mail --- and furthermore it doesn't undo any of the extremely poor business actions that people consistently complain about.

It isn't a hate bandwagon, its an expression of multiple grievances that Jason has caused. Your 700hp tune doesn't undo hex-editing a program to make it look like he wrote it. It doesn't undo the fact of being easily available to contact up until payment, and then unreachable thereafter. It doesn't undo the fact that some have lost lots in damaged motors due to his bad mail-order tuning skills (lack).

Its pretty ridiculous of you to point at people with serious complaints and act like they should shut up. Its pretty ridiculous for you to think that because someone did something right, that what they did wrong didn't happen or shouldn't be mentioned.

I don't think he ignores people. I was at the dyno shop yesterday and he wasnt ignoring anyone he was working and working hard dynoing a datsun 510 with sr and a s13 rb25. I can see how work can get him tied up but it just pisses me off when forum lackeys say he cut and pastes tunes which is totally untrue I've seen him not only tune my car but many locally which excellent results. show me another nissan romtuned ecu making over 700wheel hp or the many other 500+whp setups on stock romtuned ecu thats very impressive if you ask me.

From what I have seen especially on forums is one person seems to say something negative and people jump on the bandwagon, think about it psychology 101 states a person is more likely to write a bad review than a positive review because when people are happy they are happy I have seen first hand what jason is capable of doing and without him locally a lot of these cars would be running AEM ems or megasquirt but when he gets in the ECU he gets same or better results on a stock retuned ECU

this is just my .02 I am a happy customer and if you are a customer of his and you're having issues I'd see him work with you like he has with me.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

crazys14 wrote:From what I have seen especially on forums is one person seems to say something negative and people jump on the bandwagon, think about it psychology 101 states a person is more likely to write a bad review than a positive review because when people are happy they are happy
LOL. You and importdude crack me up. One person...! Have you even looked through this thread that you're posting in? It is FULL of complaints and unsatisfied customers! It's almost humorous to look back through the thread and see you supporting him while ignoring person after person responding with their own complaint of Jason's sh1tty customer service and sh1tty mail order tunes.
Last edited by adamky on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
souljaseth33
240sx Wannabe

Post by souljaseth33 »

He definitly ignores people. When I first wanted to go ka-t I tried contacting him. Got 2 responses about our conversation, then he dissapeared. Then I came accross this thread, and now I'm glad I never went with his tune. Yes there are people that have gotten good tunes from him, but there are way more bad tunes than good. Id rather trust a tune I found on here or hybridka's site, then one of his. I'm still without a tune, but id rather have no tune and wait instead of getting one of his.....
Stil Bil

Post by Stil Bil »

TTT!!!!!!!

:twisted:
2013 Charger -- Wife...
2003 Dodge Dakota
1996 240sx blown up, waiting for something new
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Just so future readers know, crazys14 IS E-mance/Jason/nosajton. Yeah, that's him saying good things about himself. Tell me that's the person that you want tuning your car... :roll:
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

adamky wrote:Just so future readers know, crazys14 IS E-mance/Jason/nosajton. Yeah, that's him saying good things about himself. Tell me that's the person that you want tuning your car... :roll:
can you confirm this? That would make the scandal even more outrageous because all this time one of the only people that even pretends Jason isn't a scumbag was crazys14. To find out that he pretended to be a satisfied customer (we know he has already), would put one more nail in the coffin of his horrid business practices.

supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

8-bit, we talked about this. Remember? I have some pm's from crazys14 to send payment to nosajton@gmail.com then I questioned him about being emance and he confirmed.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

That's right... I forgot about that convo....

Thanks for going public with it.

supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Ahh, he does not come on this forum anymore so it is irrelevant.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel