E-mance NEW 2-step Vid =]

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
nosajton
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by nosajton »

[quote="Jackasknissan"]how come the pulley doesnt fit on a dohc them?

I know shiping takes longer, but not 2 months, the longest i have waited was 26 days on some injectors.

**** ive goten **** from florida in under a week, witht he basic cheap post. I know thats above average..

even when I got the pulley from you it took 11 days to get there, not 2 months.

i am glad i didnt get entirely burned. but im stuck with a pulley that doesnt fit **** all.[/quote

Honestly, if you are saying it does not work i dont know why as i never tried the pulleys, they were bought second hand on craigslist locally.

shipping took so long because the first one claimed to be lost, usps instructed that international deliveries can take up to 45 days. after that time, i sent you the second pulley i got promptly, didnt i?

sorry for all the mess on this i am not trying to rip you off and i hope you dont think i did.
97 s14, fully built ka-t, arias 8.8:1 pistons, eagle rods, all arp hardware, 11mm head studs, p&p head, bc264 cams, z32 5 speed, jwt 350z clutch/rb20 flywheel, boost designs mani, gt35 , xcessive intake manifold, 1000cc injectors, Ford Lightning mafs, E-Mance ECU 32 psi and running on clean E85!

95 KA-T RIP you saved me life!
Jackasknissan
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Jackasknissan »

well technically you didnt as I did get my pulley, but it isnt good for ****, so im leaving it as somtihng i got laying around and i;ll leave it as my 42 bucks cdn i spent and leave it as that
lesson learned on my behalf
Turbo24sxt wrote:SOHC > DOHC ... period ...
oaznbeasto wrote: Hey 6 posts, Go **** yourself! learn something then post[/quote
240sxvaj
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sxvaj »

Jason is showing some sympathy now?
Whoa! could of thought of that rite after the problems started rite?
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

nosajton wrote: I have never hidden my face, I have always been a phone call away,
I think the evidence is pretty clear that you are *not* a phone call away (or an e-mail away) when there are problems.
nosajton wrote: I never hidden the fact my cables are calums design, they even still say calum on the consult board, its a great design and i
personally asked him in 2006 if i could make them and sell them and he had no problem. what did i do wrong? trying to make a DIY
consult board for people that works for a good price.
From the way Calum has discussed it, I don't believe you at all. And just because you've never hidden the fact that you took his designs and are SELLING them, doesn't make it ok. It just means you're reckless, just like not hiding taking credit for others' tunes, OBD scan tool, etc. Read this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=37080&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
nosajton wrote: he sent me a burned ka24e ecu, not a ka24de ecu. i filed a dispute and won.
He seems pretty upset for a reason. It is easy to win a dispute when, for example, you can challenge if tracking was used on a package, or you can simply claim it never showed. In reality, its your word against his; and considering how many people are using their words against you (did you read all of those linked threads because there are TONS of issues for you to address there) I don't believe you. I'd like to know the full set of events, but that simply isn't possible.
nosajton wrote: If you had 205psi, you are not within spec and is why your motor blew. probably due to carbon build up on pistons. 179 psi is
stock compression, at 179 psi you will have a compression ratio of 9.5:1. also if it was from carbon build up, this creates hot
spots on the piston which will lead to detonation. from doing quick math, if you had 205psi you had approximately 10.2:1-10.3:1
compression ratio which would explain your results.
It would be nice for chue to come back on and respond.
nosajton wrote: please download your enthalpy fuel map, you will notice you transition out of loopback mode at 24tp so basically only idle and
taking off, my tunes you are in loopback mode all the way till around 60tp for great fuel economy. the ecu goes into learning
mode once its freshly plugged in and is constantly adjusting each loopback cell.. i tell people 50 miles to be safe but really
it only takes about 10 miles. rather say 50 and it works in 10 then say 10 and it takes 20.
For anyone reading this, it should be noted that the ECU will compensate a variance of fuel difference up to 20% in each direction based on learned rich/lean conditions in the first 50 miles. But if it is correcting a large amount, it is because the K value is not appropriate for the setup. As already attested here, JWT/Enthalpy tunes (and the tuning I've done on my own, as well) don't need to learn all the variance to run right because they are made by people with true knowledge and the values are much more close to actual. Basically the answer I'm seeing here is that Jason's knows his tunes are not likely close to where they should be (lack of true grasp of tuning knowledge) and will rely on the ECU to compensate and smooth the car out.

I mean, a guy who needs to send 3 or 4 RETUNES is a guy who obviously doesn't really know what he's doing. Read the linked threads on page 1. Plenty of people talking about this.
nosajton wrote: deviouska saw the fuel map since all the high load cells are same value, that is how enthalpy tunes ecu's as well and modify
enrichment tables. just because all top load are same value does not mean i stole it from someone thats like saying because my
car is blue i stole your idea. they are total different values and enrichment tables.
You're likely straight up lying. DeviousKA is trusted, you are not. From my understanding he's confirmed what you're doing much more than a comparison of a few cells in a timing map. Rather he has had access to several of 'your' full tunes and was able to discern the evidence -- not just a posted timing map. Read what Devious said. He said a lot more than having seen a timing map. Not sure if you know this, but enthalpy actually puts "RS ENTHALPY" hidden in his bins.

nosajton wrote: check my post below on this issue, its not the quality of service they provide, its the fact sometimes you dont know what
injector was modified to get correct injector lag times.
Dude, just stfu here. Everyone knows DW is great and reliable. You get a full printout sheet showing the flow tests. DW is not stupid enough to sell products as unreliable as you pretend them to be: else they'd be facing some kind of public scrutiny on a serious level (like you are). They aren't. And they've got an awesome rep on KA-T for being reliable. Quit trying to pretend they're bad when the general consensus is that what you're saying is a misrepresentation/lie. Hell, your deceptive 'Enthalpy' e-bay sale actually says you can tune for Deatschwerks injectors. That means you say you CAN do it, but in convenience you tell the customer they shouldn't have DW injectors?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240SX-En ... ccessories
nosajton wrote: i told you in the beginning i didnt know if it would work on your single cam motor, so that is why i sold it to you for so
cheap. one did get lost in mail and i fixed it. i wouldnt rip you off for $35 dollars.

remember you live in canada shipping takes longer
Yeah, its always the customer's fault here, huh. No, you wouldn't rip him off, would you? Rather you'll just keep avoiding contact with him to the point that he gives up on pursuing a fair trade knowing that he can't force you to come correct. When I read his story it shows a lot more than 'shipping to canada takes longer'. I think I will go read it again to get that insight to your customer service habits.

nosajton wrote: i was at sema like i said i was on tuesday. im not trying to hide. anyone want to talk to me about this feel free to call my
number posted on e-mance.com
Thats interesting, considering the multiple people right here in this thread (and the many many people in the linked threads) that all seem to attest to the same thing: YOU ARE NOT AROUND FOR CONTACT WHEN THERE ARE ISSUES WITH YOUR SERVICE.
nosajton wrote: why would people confront me? i have hundreds of happy customers, and a few who are not happy but is everyone 100% happy with
jwt or enthalpy?
From this thread and the threads that are linked within, it is clear that dozens of people are not happy with your service, neglect, and dishonest business practices. That is why. And like I said before, notice that JWT/Enthalpy have done way more business than you, and yet only face a common held criticism that they take a while to get your tune to you. Nothing about taking credit for other people's work, neglecting/ignoring customers (you can pretend you were occupied for convenience, but the trend is long standing and obvious, so stfu on that). JWT/Enthalpy do honest and good business, that is why they don't face the issues you're facing.

Get honest or get out. There are so many issues for you to address, and if this response is what 'your side' of the story looks like, then I'm looking forward to tearing the rest of your responses (to every issue discussed in every linked thread) apart as well.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
nosajton

Post by nosajton »

8-bit wrote:
nosajton wrote: I have never hidden my face, I have always been a phone call away,
I think the evidence is pretty clear that you are *not* a phone call away (or an e-mail away) when there are problems.
Have you ever tried calling me? I am a phone call away during business hours.
nosajton wrote: I never hidden the fact my cables are calums design, they even still say calum on the consult board, its a great design and i
personally asked him in 2006 if i could make them and sell them and he had no problem. what did i do wrong? trying to make a DIY
consult board for people that works for a good price.
8-bit wrote: From the way Calum has discussed it, I don't believe you at all. And just because you've never hidden the fact that you took his designs and are SELLING them, doesn't make it ok. It just means you're reckless, just like not hiding taking credit for others' tunes, OBD scan tool, etc. Read this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=37080&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
here's a snipet of the thread on sr20forum years ago when calum said his consult was a free design, rest of post can be found at http://www.sr20forum.com/rom-ecu-tuning ... oards.html
Calum wrote:
I am not selling the boards or parts. Do not ask me for them (unless I owe you a favor, your on the tn list, or you've got something really intresting to trade), I do not need the money. Instead, order your own boards direct! I have made the design and artwork completly open source, royalty free. Sell them to your friends and become a millionaire! Seriously, it would be nice if someone stepped up to the plate and started selling these, but I understand.
nosajton wrote: please download your enthalpy fuel map, you will notice you transition out of loopback mode at 24tp so basically only idle and
taking off, my tunes you are in loopback mode all the way till around 60tp for great fuel economy. the ecu goes into learning
mode once its freshly plugged in and is constantly adjusting each loopback cell.. i tell people 50 miles to be safe but really
it only takes about 10 miles. rather say 50 and it works in 10 then say 10 and it takes 20.
8-bit wrote: For anyone reading this, it should be noted that the ECU will compensate a variance of fuel difference up to 20% in each direction based on learned rich/lean conditions in the first 50 miles. But if it is correcting a large amount, it is because the K value is not appropriate for the setup. As already attested here, JWT/Enthalpy tunes (and the tuning I've done on my own, as well) don't need to learn all the variance to run right because they are made by people with true knowledge and the values are much more close to actual. Basically the answer I'm seeing here is that Jason's knows his tunes are not likely close to where they should be (lack of true grasp of tuning knowledge) and will rely on the ECU to compensate and smooth the car out.

I mean, a guy who needs to send 3 or 4 RETUNES is a guy who obviously doesn't really know what he's doing. Read the linked threads on page 1. Plenty of people talking about this.
Mainly the people who need more than one retune are the ones who have custom setups, jwt wont even tune 'custom' setups and enthalpy will tune limited setups. EFI and I are mainly the two mail tunes which will tune custom setups like 650cc injectors/n60 maf, 450cc/p60 maf etc. also please note i am not the only company who offers retunes if the tune is not working right, search 'efi retune' or 'enthalpy retune' on this forum and you will see numerous others needed retunes from the other companies.
nosajton wrote: deviouska saw the fuel map since all the high load cells are same value, that is how enthalpy tunes ecu's as well and modify
enrichment tables. just because all top load are same value does not mean i stole it from someone thats like saying because my
car is blue i stole your idea. they are total different values and enrichment tables.
8-bit wrote: You're likely straight up lying. DeviousKA is trusted, you are not. From my understanding he's confirmed what you're doing much more than a comparison of a few cells in a timing map. Rather he has had access to several of 'your' full tunes and was able to discern the evidence -- not just a posted timing map. Read what Devious said. He said a lot more than having seen a timing map. Not sure if you know this, but enthalpy actually puts "RS ENTHALPY" hidden in his bins.
i havent loaded up a enthalpy tune in a hex editor so cannot contirm if he hides his name, i know jwt does this practice though. please go through my bin then and see if its got rs enthalpy hidden in it, im certain it wont.

nosajton wrote: check my post below on this issue, its not the quality of service they provide, its the fact sometimes you dont know what
injector was modified to get correct injector lag times.
8-bit wrote: Dude, just stfu here. Everyone knows DW is great and reliable. You get a full printout sheet showing the flow tests. DW is not stupid enough to sell products as unreliable as you pretend them to be: else they'd be facing some kind of public scrutiny on a serious level (like you are). They aren't. And they've got an awesome rep on KA-T for being reliable. Quit trying to pretend they're bad when the general consensus is that what you're saying is a misrepresentation/lie. Hell, your deceptive 'Enthalpy' e-bay sale actually says you can tune for Deatschwerks injectors. That means you say you CAN do it, but in convenience you tell the customer they shouldn't have DW injectors?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240SX-En ... ccessories
I never said i could not tune for deatchwerks injectors, i said they tend to idle funny due to variatons between injector cores they use on lag times. how many sets of dworks injectors have you tuned for? if you get 3 sets, 2 of the 3 will be different CORES which have different lag times which affect idle and economy. When a customer asks me what injectors they should purchase i try to explain this.

nosajton wrote: i was at sema like i said i was on tuesday. im not trying to hide. anyone want to talk to me about this feel free to call my
number posted on e-mance.com
8-bit wrote: Thats interesting, considering the multiple people right here in this thread (and the many many people in the linked threads) that all seem to attest to the same thing: YOU ARE NOT AROUND FOR CONTACT WHEN THERE ARE ISSUES WITH YOUR SERVICE.
If you would of emailed me i had vacation settings on saying i wasnt going to be back until friday. also if you would of called there was a special note saying i wouldnt get back to you until friday. wow i cannot believe you are saying you cannot get ahold of me and you have never tried

nosajton wrote: why would people confront me? i have hundreds of happy customers, and a few who are not happy but is everyone 100% happy with
jwt or enthalpy?
8-bit wrote: From this thread and the threads that are linked within, it is clear that dozens of people are not happy with your service, neglect, and dishonest business practices. That is why. And like I said before, notice that JWT/Enthalpy have done way more business than you, and yet only face a common held criticism that they take a while to get your tune to you. Nothing about taking credit for other people's work, neglecting/ignoring customers (you can pretend you were occupied for convenience, but the trend is long standing and obvious, so stfu on that). JWT/Enthalpy do honest and good business, that is why they don't face the issues you're facing.

Get honest or get out. There are so many issues for you to address, and if this response is what 'your side' of the story looks like, then I'm looking forward to tearing the rest of your responses (to every issue discussed in every linked thread) apart as well.
Look, im not saying nobodies perfect ok if soemone has a problem with my service i try to fix it right, right away. i dont like bad blood and really nothing comes out of getting angry and heated. i try to offer a low cost alternative to the big names in mail tunes and have learned a lot over the past 5 years. about taking other peoples credit, that has been addressed above with proof calum allowed anyone to use his design, and about the fuel map as well. I appologize to those who tried calling/email me 1-2 years ago and got a delayed response, i had a lot on my plate trying to juggle emance and take care of a dying relative but they have passed already and i should be much easier to get ahold of.

I am not going to continue on here if this is going to be a pissing contest.. you told me to explain myself and thats what i am trying to do but you to continue to call me a liar and put me down when i am exlpaining my side is not cool at all. feels like im getting jumped.
97 s14, fully built ka-t, arias 8.8:1 pistons, eagle rods, all arp hardware, 11mm head studs, p&p head, bc264 cams, z32 5 speed, jwt 350z clutch/rb20 flywheel, boost designs mani, gt35 , xcessive intake manifold, 1000cc injectors, Ford Lightning mafs, E-Mance ECU 32 psi and running on clean E85!

8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

It is nice to see you apologize and talk about this in a way that shows you feel some culpability for these things. I appreciate it and I'm sure many of the people reading this thread will as well.

Now for everything else...

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
all shal perrish

Post by all shal perrish »

im going to step in here to say that i have read lots and lots of one sided things about emance, i myslef have jumped onto the "hate on emance" band waggon, and simply because i beleived what i read.. that is a mistake that a lot of poeple in forums make, that beleive every single thing that is typed.. now i cannot account for if ANY information in this thread is true or not.. im just saying that from a middle man stand point, and a person that has 0 affiliation with either affected partys, that this is no way to try and fix a problem, i mean, you guys got the attention you wanted, ruined the guys rep, but, he ultimately did apologize.. so, i ask, that we please stop the name calling and bashing and try to be respectful to jason.

just from the reading i have done in this thread, he has been jumped hard core.. and i have to admit, it takes some balls to show his face after just getting berated like that...
and being as he did, well, i can respect that, and we also cant assume that he has time to spend every waking hour on an Internet forum..

and onto the others,
8bit, i respect your tuning knowledge whole heartedly and fully respect your community minded presence on this board, however, i am personally asking you to just be a little kinder with the way you are speaking to emance..
now im sure that everyone is going to get all pissy with me but just remember, i have never done business with him, i have nistune, so i have no need to, i have never done businesses with 8 bit or many other people on here..
I HAVE NO HARD FEELINGS AGAINST ANY ONE on this board, all i ask is that we show a little more respect in the way we are talking to jason now that he has showed his face and apologized..

thats all i got...
pm me with the hate mail.. keep it out of this thread please. :)
www.autovaughnperformance.com

NISTUNE EXCELLENT TUNING AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE (pm with questions regarding)

I AM ON THE HUNT FOR JWT CAM GEARS..
if you have some, pm me
240sxvaj
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sxvaj »

I can clearly see that Jason is Finally coming on to apologize. i respect that but what can you take back now? its pretty much like murdering someone and apologizing. Its like my professor said, "In the future you'll be working for a company and your going to have your name approving a design. if anything fails while someone uses it, you're going to be responsible for it." I know that no one is perfect and people screw up sometime, but this is BIG! If you design a bridge and screw up on calculations you're going to kill thousands of people.

for all those years you finally decided to stick up for yourself and apologize. While i;m still getting my ride ready, you already have a 700hp ride, i guess you are a really busy guy huh. We all go through hard times, i went through it many times for the past few years. but thats no excuse. The point is the damage has been done.
240drew
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240drew »

all shal perrish wrote:im going to step in here to say that i have read lots and lots of one sided things about emance, i myslef have jumped onto the "hate on emance" band waggon, and simply because i beleived what i read.. that is a mistake that a lot of poeple in forums make, that beleive every single thing that is typed.. now i cannot account for if ANY information in this thread is true or not.. im just saying that from a middle man stand point, and a person that has 0 affiliation with either affected partys, that this is no way to try and fix a problem, i mean, you guys got the attention you wanted, ruined the guys rep, but, he ultimately did apologize.. so, i ask, that we please stop the name calling and bashing and try to be respectful to jason.

just from the reading i have done in this thread, he has been jumped hard core.. and i have to admit, it takes some balls to show his face after just getting berated like that...
and being as he did, well, i can respect that, and we also cant assume that he has time to spend every waking hour on an Internet forum..

and onto the others,
8bit, i respect your tuning knowledge whole heartedly and fully respect your community minded presence on this board, however, i am personally asking you to just be a little kinder with the way you are speaking to emance..
now im sure that everyone is going to get all pissy with me but just remember, i have never done business with him, i have nistune, so i have no need to, i have never done businesses with 8 bit or many other people on here..
I HAVE NO HARD FEELINGS AGAINST ANY ONE on this board, all i ask is that we show a little more respect in the way we are talking to jason now that he has showed his face and apologized..

thats all i got...
pm me with the hate mail.. keep it out of this thread please. :)
+1 couldn't have said it better.... I don't have nistune though. :D
Cars
1996 240sx KAt28- Sold
1992 240sx RB20- Sold
1995 240sx RB25neo- Sold
1993 240sx 2jzgte- Sold
Current:
2006 Toyota Tundra
1995 240sx 2jzgte BWs366
nosajton

Post by nosajton »

240sxvaj wrote:I can clearly see that Jason is Finally coming on to apologize. i respect that but what can you take back now? its pretty much like murdering someone and apologizing. Its like my professor said, "In the future you'll be working for a company and your going to have your name approving a design. if anything fails while someone uses it, you're going to be responsible for it." I know that no one is perfect and people screw up sometime, but this is BIG! If you design a bridge and screw up on calculations you're going to kill thousands of people.

for all those years you finally decided to stick up for yourself and apologize. While i;m still getting my ride ready, you already have a 700hp ride, i guess you are a really busy guy huh. We all go through hard times, i went through it many times for the past few years. but thats no excuse. The point is the damage has been done.
do you still have the ecu? please download the fuel and timing maps and post them here so others can see them.

if you don't have them, i do but it looks much more credible coming from you i dont understand how that tune could of blown your motor so please post maps so everyone including myself can see. 8bit will verify if they are too advanced.

you could of had carbon buildup like the other guy which would of raised your compression.. remember 8.8:1 compression is approx 150psi and 8.5:1 is approx 179 and other guy had 200psi so that is much higher than spec.. i recommend to run seafoam though a stock block prior to boosting due to years of carbon stuck on pistons.

so please post up maps of if you dont have them, i still do.

8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

@ All Shall Perrish: This thread and what has came of it was and is completely necessary in my opinion. Emance may be feeling jumped right now, but that is largely due to the fact that there has never really been a wide public discourse of these issues and many of the people that have had issues were neglected (yes, the apology is nice now that it has been made).

I am glad to see a few things cleared up, such as Calum actually being open about his consult design for public use. After reading his criticism of the cheap manufacture and words of the people who had issues with the cables (that were neglected), it appeared as if Calum was not cool with that at all. I guess he just isn't cool with the cheapness/reliability of them, which is understandable. I was wrong in thinking Calum was outright against that, and I apologize for thinking that far into it.

That said, there are still many things to be addressed here. If people reading and responding to this thread are in doubt about that, then they have not been reading the attached materials to the discussion (all the links in this thread that source much of the other problems that have been had). I don't have the time, but if I must, I could source every quote from those threads to elicit response here in this one (since it is obvious that only a selection of what is said in this thread has been discussed from both sides). Also, there still has been no discussion about the misrepresentation of obd scan tool, using 'Enthalpy' to deceive ebay buyers, and the downplay of DeviousKA's (and others) claims of tune copying to a degree far beyond truth using a red herring fallacy. And also no true admission to whom the 'new' launch control function is owed credit. I have asked DeviousKA to come in and contribute, but in a past post he said he didn't want to drag Jason through the mud every time someone has an issue, so I'm not sure if we'll get more than his past quotes about having directly seen his tunes to be copies of his own and other commercial tunes.

I've also yet to fully search out and correlate much of the rest of the public experience/sentiment from NICO, zilvia, and hybridka forums. Like I said, this seems overwhelming and maybe like being jumped, but it is likely because so many issues were neglected and so many people have been involved. When I have seen much of this, and am challenged to prove it, I am compelled to source the information and show that I'm not merely imagining all this. And so now everyone can see that I am not just making stuff up. As a person who strives to help and protect the KA-T community, I'm doing the best I can to make sure the issues are on the table and I'm glad to see at least a few of them being either cleared up or apologized for.

In the end, I hope this leads to better business practices and happier customers.

all shal perrish

and as i said before, i have no past experiance with emance or 8bit. i have nothin against of for either party.. mostly what i was going for is to give the guy a little bit of dignity.. , meaning, not calling him names and things like that.. and being as jason has showed some real guts comming back here and now starting to adress issues, well, i will just back out of this thread, again, i just wanted this to be handeled with class and dignity, not a bunch of angry teenagers cussing at a store manager.. i dont know if that makes sense. lol.. but it does to me.. regardless,

props to jason for finaly comming and adressing issues, i hope whole heartedly that things can be cleared up and you can be proven to not be what the public thinks

and, props to 8bit for finaly getting the above results.

and, rather than quote me and adress things i am saying (to anyone potentialy pissed at me for not railing on jason) please pm me with your hate mail :)

thats all i got folks

if you have some, pm me
240sxvaj
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sxvaj »

nosajton wrote:
do you still have the ecu? please download the fuel and timing maps and post them here so others can see them.

if you don't have them, i do but it looks much more credible coming from you i dont understand how that tune could of blown your motor so please post maps so everyone including myself can see. 8bit will verify if they are too advanced.

you could of had carbon buildup like the other guy which would of raised your compression.. remember 8.8:1 compression is approx 150psi and 8.5:1 is approx 179 and other guy had 200psi so that is much higher than spec.. i recommend to run seafoam though a stock block prior to boosting due to years of carbon stuck on pistons.

so please post up maps of if you dont have them, i still do.
No i dont have the daughter board with the chip anymore. its long gone, but i think i have a copy of the tune on my computer i'll try to find it.

I think that carbon build up is a really silly excuse for blowing up a motor unless if i had like crapp load of carbon build up which isnt possible because i do have my original pistons in my garage. Dont worry i wont try cleaning it. i wont be back home until the weekend due to school but if its urgent i can get my bro to take pictures of it up close. One things for sure is that i remember showing you flow charts of my injectors which were 450cc injectors with flow rate around 460,459,461,etc and you said on the ecu you put down 460cc on the sticker.

to "all shall perrish"
we're not a bunch of "angry teenagers", i think you should rephrase what you said. Since you have no past experience, it is really bias of you to come out and say anything at all. THis isnt a hate mail by the way.
all shal perrish

240sxvaj wrote: to "all shall perrish"
we're not a bunch of "angry teenagers", i think you should rephrase what you said. Since you have no past experience, it is really bias of you to come out and say anything at all. THis isnt a hate mail by the way.
it is compleetly non bias, being as i have no need to use jasons product for anything, and i have no affiliation with you or any other person in this thread.. me asking for you people to treat another person like, well, a person is compleetly fine in my book...
and i will not rephrase what i said, being as i am not atacking anyone, just asking for people to show some dignity and be a little more polite.. here is my point.. you will catch a lot more bees with honey than you will with salt.. make sense? let me break it down further to insure it does..
lets say you go to wallmart, but i dont know.. a ps3.. and you get home and it dosent work.. what do you do? you go return it, and you dont yell and cuss at the person at the counter for accepting the return do you? no, because it isnt going to do ANYTHING other than make you look like an idiot.. so, i know that annalogy dosenot fully aply being as you didnt get a refund, but my point still remains.. you will get more done by being polite than you will with name calling and fussing.. that is were the angry teenager comment came from, because, well, thats what angry teens do. lol..
and, i know that wasnt hate mail.. ;)

if you have some, pm me
240sxvaj
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sxvaj »

all shal perrish wrote: it is compleetly non bias, being as i have no need to use jasons product for anything, and i have no affiliation with you or any other person in this thread.. me asking for you people to treat another person like, well, a person is compleetly fine in my book...
and i will not rephrase what i said, being as i am not atacking anyone, just asking for people to show some dignity and be a little more polite.. here is my point.. you will catch a lot more bees with honey than you will with salt.. make sense? let me break it down further to insure it does..
lets say you go to wallmart, but i dont know.. a ps3.. and you get home and it dosent work.. what do you do? you go return it, and you dont yell and cuss at the person at the counter for accepting the return do you? no, because it isnt going to do ANYTHING other than make you look like an idiot.. so, i know that annalogy dosenot fully aply being as you didnt get a refund, but my point still remains.. you will get more done by being polite than you will with name calling and fussing.. that is were the angry teenager comment came from, because, well, thats what angry teens do. lol..
and, i know that wasnt hate mail.. ;)
HAHA i guess so...i'm just saying because some people might take it as something offensive, thats why its best not to name call even if you're trying to make a point. use a better example that doesnt sound like you're taking side or name calling any side. Its like getting into other peoples business and saying, "You're just a teenager and you dont know shiiit." Even though in your book it seems fine, to others it doesn't.

Iets say you over hear a couple argue. the guy is calling his gf a bi*ch and you decide to take action and say to the guy, " you shouldnt call your gf a biitch, that is very childish". What do you think the guys gonna say to you?

i think i made a very clear point here so it be best to not thread jack. Lets be adults here and just stop the name calling okay. :wink: :idea:
nosajton

Post by nosajton »

8-bit wrote:@ All Shall Perrish: This thread and what has came of it was and is completely necessary in my opinion. Emance may be feeling jumped right now, but that is largely due to the fact that there has never really been a wide public discourse of these issues and many of the people that have had issues were neglected (yes, the apology is nice now that it has been made).

I am glad to see a few things cleared up, such as Calum actually being open about his consult design for public use. After reading his criticism of the cheap manufacture and words of the people who had issues with the cables (that were neglected), it appeared as if Calum was not cool with that at all. I guess he just isn't cool with the cheapness/reliability of them, which is understandable. I was wrong in thinking Calum was outright against that, and I apologize for thinking that far into it.

That said, there are still many things to be addressed here. If people reading and responding to this thread are in doubt about that, then they have not been reading the attached materials to the discussion (all the links in this thread that source much of the other problems that have been had). I don't have the time, but if I must, I could source every quote from those threads to elicit response here in this one (since it is obvious that only a selection of what is said in this thread has been discussed from both sides). Also, there still has been no discussion about the misrepresentation of obd scan tool, using 'Enthalpy' to deceive ebay buyers, and the downplay of DeviousKA's (and others) claims of tune copying to a degree far beyond truth using a red herring fallacy. And also no true admission to whom the 'new' launch control function is owed credit. I have asked DeviousKA to come in and contribute, but in a past post he said he didn't want to drag Jason through the mud every time someone has an issue, so I'm not sure if we'll get more than his past quotes about having directly seen his tunes to be copies of his own and other commercial tunes.

I've also yet to fully search out and correlate much of the rest of the public experience/sentiment from NICO, zilvia, and hybridka forums. Like I said, this seems overwhelming and maybe like being jumped, but it is likely because so many issues were neglected and so many people have been involved. When I have seen much of this, and am challenged to prove it, I am compelled to source the information and show that I'm not merely imagining all this. And so now everyone can see that I am not just making stuff up. As a person who strives to help and protect the KA-T community, I'm doing the best I can to make sure the issues are on the table and I'm glad to see at least a few of them being either cleared up or apologized for.

In the end, I hope this leads to better business practices and happier customers.
lets clear a few other things here, obd scan tool was made freeware a few years ago and the source code was posted on authors website, he mentioned he lost interest in the program and if anyone wanted to take it over and make it better or modify it in any way go right ahead and that is what i did.

'Enthalpy' is just a keyword ebay's policy allows you to use keywords to search for 'like' items. if you read the entire ebay item where does it say its a Enthalpy tune? it says 'you are bidding on a emance tune'

I cannot talk much about the launch control, but I can assure you it is not based on DeviousKA's patch and he should be able to verify that.. It was made to work really only with s13 sr ecu's as no other launch control was available. It was not made by me I never claimed it was but I paid for the developement of it and it will be a option on my tunes.

I never downplay DeviousKA nor Calum or anyone really the nissan tuning scene.

240sxvaj wrote:
No i dont have the daughter board with the chip anymore. its long gone, but i think i have a copy of the tune on my computer i'll try to find it.

I think that carbon build up is a really silly excuse for blowing up a motor unless if i had like crapp load of carbon build up which isnt possible because i do have my original pistons in my garage. Dont worry i wont try cleaning it. i wont be back home until the weekend due to school but if its urgent i can get my bro to take pictures of it up close. One things for sure is that i remember showing you flow charts of my injectors which were 450cc injectors with flow rate around 460,459,461,etc and you said on the ecu you put down 460cc on the sticker.

to "all shall perrish"
please email 8-bit the tune that was on your car. he's a respected tuner and should be able to verify if the timing was too advanced or there wasnt enough fuel. if you cannot find it i still have it.. i just want to get to the end of this with you this has been going on way too long and wish all the bad blood was gone.

i have a ton of ka parts if you need anything to get your motor back up and running just let me know.. i feel really bad when i hear someone blew their motor and were running my tune even if it wasnt the tune i want to see you up and running.

so please lets stop all of this and get you back up and running.

Jackasknissan

Post by Jackasknissan »

nosajton wrote:
240sxvaj wrote:I can clearly see that Jason is Finally coming on .. remember 8.8:1 compression is approx 150psi and 8.5:1 is approx 179 and other guy had 200psi
lies

the psi has to do with pumping effeiency of the motor, which will entierly change with throtle load , and engine speed, camduration, and timing
the compression ratio is simply static, there is no direct linear corolation, as one is based on velovitys, influencing the pumping ability( both help and hinder)
and the other is based on direct volumes.

notsaying a higher compression isnt a bad thing but it certainly means your tune has to be a lot more refined and exact to work and not break it.
oaznbeasto wrote: Hey 6 posts, Go **** yourself! learn something then post[/quote
240sxvaj
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sxvaj »

Jackasknissan wrote:
nosajton wrote:
240sxvaj wrote:I can clearly see that Jason is Finally coming on .. remember 8.8:1 compression is approx 150psi and 8.5:1 is approx 179 and other guy had 200psi
lies

the psi has to do with pumping effeiency of the motor, which will entierly change with throtle load , and engine speed, camduration, and timing
the compression ratio is simply static, there is no direct linear corolation, as one is based on velovitys, influencing the pumping ability( both help and hinder)
and the other is based on direct volumes.

notsaying a higher compression isnt a bad thing but it certainly means your tune has to be a lot more refined and exact to work and not break it.
Hey. hey i didnt say that. lol
Jackasknissan

Post by Jackasknissan »

quote fail, but nosajton did

much like your post :lol: quote fail.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

1) You didn't improve OBD Scan Tool by putting your name on it and taking credit for the other guys' work. Be honest here and give the guy some credit.

2) Just because ebay permits you to use deceptive sales practices doesn't make it ok in my eyes or the eyes of many others (who have already posted their concern over this issue). We represent your potential customer base, so if doing whatever ebay allows is all you're interested in, well then it will be echoed here and elsewhere that what you're doing there isn't well received on our part. You lose business by being shady (despite ebay permitting it), enough said on that.

3) Why can't you talk much about the launch control? You're offering/selling it right? Lets start with who wrote it, or where you got the data/information. Tell us that and we can go from there.

4) You directly downplayed DeviousKA's claims about you using others' tunes. In this thread I directly quoted him saying that he has seen multiple tunes of yours through his own work and even contacted you because he knew you had even used his own tunes. You downplayed it saying this:
...deviouska saw the fuel map since all the high load cells are same value, that is how enthalpy tunes ecu's as well and modify...
There is a big difference between having seen a part of a fuel map and having seen multiple full tunes from you. There is also an obvious flaw in offering service to include deatschwerks injectors, and then when a customer has an issue, blaming his use of deatschwerks injectors and falsely representing them as unreliable when the general consensus is that they are reliable. You can misrepresent the truth on that one all you want, but the sheer fact that you advertise that you can tune for them supports the notion that you should not then use that as an excuse.

And as for 240sxvaj, I think he said early on that he got a JWT tune or something and it worked great.

Quit assuming I should trust you. Everything that has led up to this thread tells me not to. The reason some of these people sound like 'angry teenagers', is because you thought you could ignore them.

TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

There is definately a lot going on in this thread! I'll share my experiences with him since it seems to be a lot of hearsay still....

1. I bought an emance tune for my s14 for n60 maf and 370cc injectors. AFTER I sent payment, he then emails me back and says "actually i can't tune for n60 becuase I am having idle trouble using that maf. I will send you a tune for stock maf and 370cc injectors, and you can compensate for the n60 using your SAFC" Well that sucked, but I dealt with it, and when the ECU FINALLY got here, I had to go with my stock maf because the ECU wouldn't work with n60 and SAFC correction.

2. I confronted jason about my tune being WAY rich (10.0 AFR under full boost), and a couple other issues with it. Basically, he told me he would charge for a retune and that the other issues were caused by my primary o2 sensor. He said since I have an obd1 ECU I would need to wire in a 3-wire o2 sensor in order to fix the issues, which is impossible seeing as how my harness has a single wire unheated o2 sensor?!?!?

3. I purchased a 'consult' cable from jason for $50. He told everyone that was the best price he could give because he wasn't making much money on them after the parts....WELL, it just so happens that he had a DIY link on his website for making the consult cables WITH PRICES!!!The total came out to $7.xx to build the cable!! So apparently $43 profit isnt much on a $7 part!

4. Prior to my order I would get emails back from Jason same day. ONCE I started having ISSUES it would take 1-2 WEEKS to get a response. Every time it was some different excuse, just as it seems he has fed other people as well when they have issues....

That is my PERSONAL experience with him, take it as you wish....
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

240sxvaj
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sxvaj »

Jason, i dont have the tune on my computer, i dont know if it would make a difference if you were to send the tune to 8-bit because its not from me. i think i might be able to get it from eric, since he viewed my tune for me.

I'm very busy at the moment due to upcoming midterms, but i will try to post up pictures of the original blown piston.

At the moment i have Enthalpy and no problem watsoever, plus its the first tune from scott no revision of the tune at all.
jclark462
240sx Wannabe

Post by jclark462 »

240sxvaj wrote: At the moment i have Enthalpy and no problem watsoever, plus its the first tune from scott no revision of the tune at all.
That is the difference between an EXPERIENCED tuner vs. EMANCE.
I am speaking from personal first hand experience having received tunes from both of these tuners. So take it as you will.
Holset HE351
850cc Sidefeeds
Built motor coming :)
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

I've had my share of good, and 'less than expected' experiences with Jason, and/or his peoples.

I still have faith in him. Although some crappy business practices, he knows what he's doing if he has the car in his hands. This is my assumption, due to looking at what he has tuned while in his possession.

I was a guinea pig back in the day. And like I said before, I'm sure he's come a long way. I will not defend, or support the man on the forums anymore. But I will state my experiences, and my opinion. I will probably seek his advice, and possibly get a base tune for some E85 stuff when I do the switch in the future.
xnyc
Learners Permit

Post by xnyc »

i am one of the people who had issues with responses and delivery noted on pg2. my situation came up after i recieved teh ecu. it was supposedly tuned for t25/n60/370cc. as soon as i turned to key on position the ecu started smoking. i contacted jason and he told me to take pictures of the board. i sent him pics. ecu got burned from faulty soldering im assuming. i paid to send him the ecu back. waited over a month before recieving a replacement all with little to no update. after i installed the replacement ecu, i had hard start issues, afr at idle fully warm was 17-20, cruising was 16.8-17.6 and wot was ---- on my aem eugo. 2nd cyl ring took a crap on the 15 min drive home from the shop driving very conservatively. i realized that there was no hope for the car as i ran out of funds and many other people were posting similar issues with jason. the car has been a house ornament for over the last year. i am not bashing on jason but this is the service and quality i recieved at the time.

since the thread came up and jason is responding, i want to call jason out to resolve this issue. i will be looking for another kade and will be running the exact same setup that i requested a tune for at the time of purchase. as of right now, i still need a tune. jason if you are interested in making things right, please email me at xnycisdailo@earthlink.net

this is the same email/paypal addy used to purchase the ecu if you need to check to verify that i am a customer and my tune.
nosajton

Post by nosajton »

xnyc wrote:i am one of the people who had issues with responses and delivery noted on pg2. my situation came up after i recieved teh ecu. it was supposedly tuned for t25/n60/370cc. as soon as i turned to key on position the ecu started smoking. i contacted jason and he told me to take pictures of the board. i sent him pics. ecu got burned from faulty soldering im assuming. i paid to send him the ecu back. waited over a month before recieving a replacement all with little to no update. after i installed the replacement ecu, i had hard start issues, afr at idle fully warm was 17-20, cruising was 16.8-17.6 and wot was ---- on my aem eugo. 2nd cyl ring took a crap on the 15 min drive home from the shop driving very conservatively. i realized that there was no hope for the car as i ran out of funds and many other people were posting similar issues with jason. the car has been a house ornament for over the last year. i am not bashing on jason but this is the service and quality i recieved at the time.

since the thread came up and jason is responding, i want to call jason out to resolve this issue. i will be looking for another kade and will be running the exact same setup that i requested a tune for at the time of purchase. as of right now, i still need a tune. jason if you are interested in making things right, please email me at xnycisdailo@earthlink.net

this is the same email/paypal addy used to purchase the ecu if you need to check to verify that i am a customer and my tune.

George, I remember you.. you purchased a tuned ecu on 9/21/07 and yes the diode fried on your ecu, come to think of it now this is ususally a result of incorrect maf wiring when you installed the n60 maf (not always but most of the time) a diode just does not fry on its own and im sure Calum will back me up on this one. remember it took a little longer because in october 2007 we had the fires in san diego and i got evacuated for a week and couldnt ship anything. when they let me back, i shipped it out and it was undeliverable as addressed and they shipped it back to me that is what took so long, but im sure you already were aware of this.

I do however have a awesome revision of my 370cc/n60/t25 tune thats hot off the dyno last week that i'd be willing to swap for your current tune. if you are interested just call me or email 619-467-5446

PuNcHdRuNk
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by PuNcHdRuNk »

^^^ dude i have called and emailed you about 100 times now trying to get my situation resolved,first you had a death in the fam, then you were away for awhile, take care of your customers!!!!!
deviousKA
240sx Wannabe

Post by deviousKA »

This launch control is based on code written by myself, ported to the sr20det ecu.

Jason I offered to sell you the right to offer my launch control with your tunes, for a damn fair price, why you got to be such a parasite?
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

deviousKA wrote:This launch control is based on code written by myself, ported to the sr20det ecu.

Jason I offered to sell you the right to offer my launch control with your tunes, for a damn fair price, why you got to be such a parasite?

Wow. Once again, Jason's true colors come out. I'm sure he'll come in here with some bullsh!t lie about how his launch control is different from the stuff you wrote because he added an extra period somewhere in the code.... :roll:
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

deviousKA wrote:This launch control is based on code written by myself, ported to the sr20det ecu.

He is a parasite because stealing it from you and selling it like its his own gives him:

1) Full profit and
2) Respect for the cool feature (to anyone who doesn't know the truth).

If he were an honest person and licensed it from you he would not only lose some of his meth addiction money but also would probably have to tell people he didn't actually do it himself.... and we all know he likes to take credit even if he didn't do it.

I still don't understand why anyone even talks positively about this tweaker.