E-mance NEW 2-step Vid =]

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
yadonnome123
240sx Wannabe

E-mance NEW 2-step Vid =]

Post by yadonnome123 »

thsi is new...at least to me...i havent seen anything yet about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv1X5A-3HIs

Administrator Edit

E-MANCE, ECUTUNERGUY, and REFLASHPROS are well-known to have very poor service. Do business with at your own risk.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

I wonder whose code that is.

Yeah, calum's launch control is publicly available. But that doesn't mean someone should take credit for it if they're just copying his work.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
crazys14
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by crazys14 »

8-bit wrote:I wonder whose code that is.

Yeah, calum's launch control is publicly available. But that doesn't mean someone should take credit for it if they're just copying his work.
thats not calums launch control. emance uses a sr20det ecu not a ka ecu
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

crazys14 wrote:

I'm sure credit is due to someone for this.

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
yadonnome123
240sx Wannabe

Post by yadonnome123 »

crazys14 wrote:

Whatchu mean they use sr20 ecu's? For KA tuning??????? confused.
emo_tactical9
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by emo_tactical9 »

Yeah, this one looks like it has timing retard, which isn't available for the S14, at least, not available for the mass community. I always assumed that it was a S13 ecu.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
crazys14

Post by crazys14 »

emance uses a modified sr ecu to run the ka on the drag s14

they use range rover coil packs on the car. the spark is so hot it sounds like a bug zapper thats how it can run 40psi and no spark blowout

and you are correct it does have ignition retard and a completely redesigned launch control which keeps rpms exactly at 5500 rpm
all shal perrish

Post by all shal perrish »

:lol:
www.autovaughnperformance.com

NISTUNE EXCELLENT TUNING AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE (pm with questions regarding)

I AM ON THE HUNT FOR JWT CAM GEARS..
if you have some, pm me
240drew
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240drew »

supakat wrote:I wonder why 8-bit is always attacking e-mance...what proof does he have to support his claim...
because he knows from past experience the emance has been shown to not only have terrible tunes, but not given credit where credit is due. :? Its no simple task to develop a launch control xdf/bin
Cars
1996 240sx KAt28- Sold
1992 240sx RB20- Sold
1995 240sx RB25neo- Sold
1993 240sx 2jzgte- Sold
Current:
2006 Toyota Tundra
1995 240sx 2jzgte BWs366
crazys14

Post by crazys14 »

240drew wrote:
supakat wrote:I wonder why 8-bit is always attacking e-mance...what proof does he have to support his claim...
because he knows from past experience the emance has been shown to not only have terrible tunes, but not given credit where credit is due. :? Its no simple task to develop a launch control xdf/bin
where is your claim on terrible tunes? are you a emance customer?

there is no publicly available launch control for sr20det ecu, only sr20de/ka24de there is no xdf/bin like the one deviouska created for s13/b13 dsitributor ecu's. also have you seen the rev limiter on deviouska's launch control? it will limit at say 5500 then flucuate to 5000 then limit again at 5500 where the e-mance launch control stays exactly at 5500 does not flucuate
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

DeviousKA only made a S13 KA bin with ignition retard LC. He also did post step by step instructions how to modify the bins for LC. So it's not surprising emance offers this service.

Also he never did show what the RPMs are doing while it builds boost...
Billet PTE 6765 divided T4, Nismotronic, Speed density, Coil on plug conversion.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
Follow me on Instagram: @alonso240
crazys14

Post by crazys14 »

Alonso wrote:DeviousKA only made a S13 KA bin with ignition retard LC. He also did post step by step instructions how to modify the bins for LC. So it's not surprising emance offers this service.

Also he never did show what the RPMs are doing while it builds boost...
show me where you can make a lc bin for a sr20det ECU. It's a totally different bin than b13/s13 ka ecu.. show me where and i'll paypal you $1000

also if you have ever used deviouska's launch control, it does not shoot fireballs out of exhaust like this one does and it limits rpms very shakey not exact

so many haters on ka-t

why doesnt someone email devious the video? im sure he will verify it is different than his launch control.
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

Actually, the devious LC can be set to hold a certain RPM and crest boost. Its in how its set up.
There is a video of someone from this forum doing it.
Just call me Adam.
08 Honda Fit
crazys14

Post by crazys14 »

emo_tactical9 wrote:Actually, the devious LC can be set to hold a certain RPM and crest boost. Its in how its set up.
as long as theres timing retard, more fuel you should create boost. but i beleive the emance system is the first one for a sr20 ecu to do this and make very high boost for intense launches
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

crazys14 wrote:show me where you can make a lc bin for a sr20det ECU. It's a totally different bin than b13/s13 ka ecu.. show me where and i'll paypal you $1000

also if you have ever used deviouska's launch control, it does not shoot fireballs out of exhaust like this one does and it limits rpms very shakey not exact

so many haters on ka-t

why doesnt someone email devious the video? im sure he will verify it is different than his launch control.
I need the money for machine work on my block...

http://eccs.hybridka.com/viewtopic.php? ... &sk=t&sd=a

On my new setup I made full boost with LC, which was set at 22psi...

Also, B13 SR, S13 KA24DE, S13 SR20DET all pretty much use the same code. It's modular so certain sections can be turned on/off depending on what it is used for. All the bins are VERY similar,that's why I mainly use one .xdf file to compare all of them.

Even better, if you have one of e-mance's tunes with "his" LC, send it to me and I'll run thru the disassembler so we can take a closer look at it...

As for the video emo_tactical9 mentioned, it was probably the one I made :)
Billet PTE 6765 divided T4, Nismotronic, Speed density, Coil on plug conversion.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
240-kid

Post by 240-kid »

emo_tactical9 wrote:Actually, the devious LC can be set to hold a certain RPM and crest boost. Its in how its set up.
I believe your talking about this one (ghost)
http://www.youtube.com/user/KA240SX808# ... yCuX5LlJB4

Is this an Ignition retard limiter?
Seems much safer than the the Fuel/Ignition cut limiters
crazys14

Post by crazys14 »

Alonso wrote:
crazys14 wrote:show me where you can make a lc bin for a sr20det ECU. It's a totally different bin than b13/s13 ka ecu.. show me where and i'll paypal you $1000

so many haters on ka-t

I need the money for machine work on my block...

On my new setup I made full boost with LC, which was set at 22psi...

Also, B13 SR, S13 KA24DE, S13 SR20DET all pretty much use the same code. It's modular so certain sections can be turned on/off depending on what it is used for. All the bins are VERY similar,that's why I mainly use one .xdf file to compare all of them.

Even better, if you have one of e-mance's tunes with "his" LC, send it to me and I'll run thru the disassembler so we can take a closer look at it...

As for the video emo_tactical9 mentioned, it was probably the one I made :)
obviously you do not know about code patching, the sr20det ecu does not have the extra memory free as the ka24de ecu does that code is useless on a sr20det ecu

try and patch it, send me the bin and if its not corrupted, i'll paypal you $1000
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

240-kid wrote:
I believe your talking about this one (ghost)
http://www.youtube.com/user/KA240SX808# ... yCuX5LlJB4

Is this an Ignition retard limiter?
Seems much safer than the the Fuel/Ignition cut limiters
Yea I shot that and yes it is an ignition retard limiter.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

crazys14 wrote:
obviously you do not know about code patching, the sr20det ecu does not have the extra memory free as the ka24de ecu does that code is useless on a sr20det ecu

try and patch it, send me the bin and if its not corrupted, i'll paypal you $1000
Idiot. Neither does the KA24DE bin. Devious hijacked the memory used for some emissions routine and turned it in to the LC routine.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
crazys14

Post by crazys14 »

Alonso wrote:
crazys14 wrote:

Idiot. Neither does the KA24DE bin. Devious hijacked the memory used for some emissions routine and turned it in to the LC routine.
patch the sr20det 52f00 stock bin with deviouska's ka/sr20de launch control, post it on here and if it works i'll paypal you the money.

if you have disassembled the code you will know it wont work.
Last edited by crazys14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

Alonso wrote: Also, B13 SR, S13 KA24DE, S13 SR20DET all pretty much use the same code. It's modular so certain sections can be turned on/off depending on what it is used for.
Thank you.
Most of the numbers and info I have on my S14 ecu came from the B14 section on SR20forum.
The bins are very similar.
Just call me Adam.
08 Honda Fit
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

When I speak about emance, I speak for the many that have come forward in the past but are not always around to tell their story. It has been discussed many times and there are enough issues tied to him that he got banned from this site. (you know, the worst thing JWT/Enthalpy do is take several weeks to retune... and that gets echoed here by many. this guy just does worse) I bring it up because the guy is shady and should not be trusted on the end of mail-order tuning. I bring it up because, for example, the consult cables he has sold were copies of calum's own work, done cheaply and unreliably.

Why do you guys ignore all this just because he tuned your car in person? I could tune a car in person, too, but that wouldn't make it right for me to get away with shady business practice.

When people share information with the public, it is generally accepted as free as in beer, not free as in anyone can just claim it is theirs. In literature and science it is called plagiarism. And the blunt product of the lack of true scope of knowledge in the field is found by simply neglecting customers who paid.

Just like we tell all the noobs about things that have been talked over many times: use the SEARCH function.

I will not let it rest because no apologies have been made and many people have been left hanging.

nosajton

Post by nosajton »

8-bit wrote:When I speak about emance, I speak for the many that have come forward in the past but are not always around to tell their story. It has been discussed many times and there are enough issues tied to him that he got banned from this site. (you know, the worst thing JWT/Enthalpy do is take several weeks to retune... and that gets echoed here by many. this guy just does worse) I bring it up because the guy is shady and should not be trusted on the end of mail-order tuning. I bring it up because, for example, the consult cables he has sold were copies of calum's own work, done cheaply and unreliably.

Why do you guys ignore all this just because he tuned your car in person? I could tune a car in person, too, but that wouldn't make it right for me to get away with shady business practice.

When people share information with the public, it is generally accepted as free as in beer, not free as in anyone can just claim it is theirs. In literature and science it is called plagiarism. And the blunt product of the lack of true scope of knowledge in the field is found by simply neglecting customers who paid.

Just like we tell all the noobs about things that have been talked over many times: use the SEARCH function.

I will not let it rest because no apologies have been made and many people have been left hanging.
Ok, I've just about had enough of your lies that you spread and enough people have brought it to my attention so i thought i'd jump on here before boarding my plane to SEMA.

When was I banned 8-bit? I was never banned.

Also, which customers did I neglect? I have a business phone number customers can call and I tend to call people back much faster than JWT or Enthalpy ever will. I also offer 1 day turn around time on ECU's, try getting that with anyone else.

Have you ever ran a business? in your business have you made everyone happy? no. i have sold over 600 ka rom tunes over the past few years and I have a few people who have came up and said they didn't like it or something happened but I still think that is a great ratio to how many people loved it.

You see 8-bit, people tend to come to forums to hate and talk negative when something is not working correctly (when most of the time it is something simple like leaking injector orings or installing the maf incorrectly) or the way they would like it and miss the larger picture of the vast majority who are happy driving their cars and not sitting on a fourm all day like yourself.

Which cars have I tuned in person from KA-T? only one really is subtle_driver

Importdude was a mail tune, I've done a 480cc tune for him, 550cc tune for him and now his latest 850cc E85 tune I did for him and he seemed very happy of the results. I'm sure there are more of my customers on this forum based on the sales of ka-t aswell.

Like I said 8-bit, I was never banned so please stop spreading lies.

Jason
97 s14, fully built ka-t, arias 8.8:1 pistons, eagle rods, all arp hardware, 11mm head studs, p&p head, bc264 cams, z32 5 speed, jwt 350z clutch/rb20 flywheel, boost designs mani, gt35 , xcessive intake manifold, 1000cc injectors, Ford Lightning mafs, E-Mance ECU 32 psi and running on clean E85!

95 KA-T RIP you saved me life!
importdude

Post by importdude »

Exaclty
my car was never dynotuned in person.

He did 480 N60 Tune,
I upgraded to 550 N62

Then i upgraded to 850 N62 E85 not one single problem

There are too many haters and Bandwagoners
240sxvaj
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sxvaj »

Jason (E-Mance) is getting bashed on left to right on almost every forum.
crazys14

Post by crazys14 »

I think there should be a new rule, you cannot hate or complain unless you had a specific dealing with that person.

too much hearsay going on.
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

Well, the way I always heard it, Jason didn't get banned, he had just started posting under another name, notjason (not shady at all lol) then nosajton. Hmm.
If you didn't do anthing wrong, why disappear instead of sticking up for yourself? If the cases of people "doing things wrong" weren't that widespread, why go into hiding?
I'm not saying you did anything wrong, but actions speak louder than words.
Just call me Adam.
08 Honda Fit
240sxvaj
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sxvaj »

8-bit have a reason to stick out for the ka-t community, so if u dont know ur history with emance fu**ck off! we gotta search out the thread about emance if anyone wants to say that 8-bit is lying. There was a time were people came on the forum complaining about his tune and blown motor due to the tune. jason changed his number i dont know how many times, this is for a fact because i wasnt able to reach him until i got the new number from one of my friend. i cant stress how bad his tunes were at that time, i dont know if it got any better. There was a thread PROVEN that the emance ecu tune was same a copy of another company's tune i dont recall if it was from Enthalpy or JWT. but all over ebay he posted his ecu as Enthalpy which is why Scott(enthalpy) was mad about it. And i;m not being bias about emance, i have first hand experience leading to blown motor within a week after installing the tune.

My story:
before i got emance i took my s13 to a reputable shop in socal, timing was retarded more than enough and tested for detonation, everything checked fine afr was good. the mechanic there told me that my engine was really healthy. and my whole set-up consist of quality brand new parts such as injectors and fuel pump. i made 241whp 247wtq on T25. the only reason why i decided to get emance was because the DYNO tune on afcneo wasn't giving me optimized mpg on low throttle and timing was retarded the whole time. i was told that emance would be a good tune and result with better performance also would help save gas....i got this info from Eric, one of jason's first few customer. everything was running fine before emance...right after installing emance chip, the car wouldnt start up and i would have to give it gas to start, this is every morning that i have to go through. also, had spark blow out and i got that taken care of(dont blame jason for spark blowout). within one week the car went BoooM! piston ringland #2 gone due to detonation.

I was spreading out the word of how good jason was to everyone on the forum even though i only had little days with the tune. i even told two of my good friends about him. they later got his tune. one of them got a revised tune and still have rich conditions but he got it fine tuned. the other friend blew his motor within a month.
Also, Eric gave up on emance, his first tune was good but after the second tune was crapp.

My friend that blew his motor was angry at me for a while because he said that i didnt tell him about how bad the tune was....because i didnt tell him that i blew my motor with the tune.

Me and my brother use this user name, but i;m the main guy that did the whole turbo set-up, i havent been on this forum due to the fact that i'm a full time Mechanical Engineer student. and dont have time at the moment. the only reason why i came on is because my brother told me about this thread.

There isnt a reason why i wouldnt be mad about this whole situation, a whole lot of money, sweat, and research was thrown into my brothers ride. paycheck after paycheck was what made it possible for me and my brother. my brother went about a year without a ride because he was saving up and i was saving up my money to help him build the motor. i'm not a rich kid that can forget about it. i appreciate good work and emance isnt good. He ran away from big threads about emance on Nicoclub.com . I can forget about all of this but not now!

Now the car is done right, enthalpy ecu, fully built arias piston, eagle rods..etc...i believe quality is the only way to go and if you have a big investment done on your ride i wouldnt consider half assing on the tune.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

MODERATORS: PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD OPEN. I HAVE CONTACTED A FEW PEOPLE TO ATTEST AND CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD FOR FUTURE USE BY KA-T MEMBERS AS PUBLIC TESTIMONY.

I will admit, I was mixed up on the 'banned' statement. Not sure if it is just poor memory, or if it is something I had heard. Where I think I got that idea was that there was a serious discussion about emance credibility, I sent nosajton a PM about it, and he never spoke up. (That thread is linked later). I misspoke on that one. Ans since nosajton is ready to man up and speak for himself, I will not say it again (unless these proceedings get him banned). I'm waiting for him to tell us he wrote all the launch control work, or at least give credit and apology to the people he's plagiarizing.

Aside from that, to everyone who is interested in the credibility of emance/nosajton. Read my response and read the linked threads in it. Also note that there is *nothing* of this magnitude in discussion of JWT or Enthalpy tunes despite having done much more business.

-Emance took calum's consult cable designs and does a shabby job of reproducing them and sells them, working or not, to people. At least a couple people on KA-T have attested to this. Not only that they don't work, but that emance was available for contact before and during purchase, but out of contact after that point. Tell us about that nosajton. Tell us the truth. I'll get calum to come on here, so I hope you're honest.

-DeviousKA says
Emance tunes are just stolen copies, and only sometimes slightly tweaked.

I have had a handful of people let me know that what they have purchased as an Emance tune to be copies of freely available as well as commercial tunes like RS-Enthalpy, Jwt etc... I have all these tunes and more myself (it just happens in my line of work, people changing hardware setups etc.) so I can see exactly what he is doing.

The guy has no concience, even after contacting him personally and him giving me the run around of why he was selling some of my tunes, he has the nerve to advertise chips for ka24det and sr20det but fails to mention that a daughterboard is not included. He then tells his customers to come to me to get a daughterboard (of which sometimes I am out of stock), and then I become the "bad guy" because someone cant use their goods (which are stolen copies in the first place).

That started happening after I refused to sell him PLCC daughterboards in bulk, so needless to say it really pisses me off.

Of the few times I have contacted him he trys to play it off like I dont know who he is and that he isnt the only "employee" of Emance. If you contact him about stolen tunes and he gives you the old ex-employee from canada story, you will know whats up. The guys name is Jason and he is crook. He goes by nosajton or something "not jason" .

Its not difficult to have some satisfied customers when your product is nothing more than a bootleg copy. Epstein/Enthalpy you guys seem to get the worst of it, if I were you I would seriously take action, at least get him removed from selling on ebay. I would imagine any information I could provide would be considered heresay, you would probably have to catch him redhanded yourself.

In my case the tunes he was selling were ones that I was giving away free anyways, so I didnt feel like going through all the hassle of taking serious action against the clown, but you might. If nothing else, spread the word.

Btw, this is Gabe Z. (deviousKA) from hybridka.com

I would just like to say that I am not associated with either of these guys. I will admit I have been critical of Jason at times but I have reason and do not lie about it.
-JMHalder says
i had terrible trouble with him, and wish i wouldve just spent the bucks and get a nicer consult cable, the actual DLC cable/connector is a joke, the solder job on the board sucks too... i have 25 blank calum PCB's right now, and plan on populating em with components and then selling a few... i would avoid this guy, as for him using the calum designed boards, calum made that design public domain, and said he didnt care if people used it for profit.
-Chue240sx got a blown motor thanks to your tune.
-240sxvaj has a blown motor within a week of your tune.
-jackasknissan claims you ripped him off on a lightweight pulley sale.
-TryingToTurbo claims you said your poor tune was HIS fault.

Here, I just used the search function. I told you guys to do it, but now I must spoonfeed it all (Yes, apparently I even need to spoonfeed you too nosajton because, as you should know, you're really good at ignoring issues).

viewtopic.php?t=38473&highlight=emance

viewtopic.php?t=38469&highlight=emance+problem

viewtopic.php?t=37080&start=0

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread ... e+enthalpy

viewtopic.php?t=36832&highlight=emance

viewtopic.php?t=36334&highlight=emance

viewtopic.php?t=33771&highlight=emance

viewtopic.php?t=35491&highlight=emance+problem

viewtopic.php?t=38667&highlight=emance+blown

(this is a good one for sure.. maybe i should go to hybridka and hit 'search' too)

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/141502-em ... ers-8.html
(there are many people in this thread with solid arguments. read all 11 pages)

http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/sr20d ... -scam.html
Last edited by 8-bit on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.

chue240sx
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by chue240sx »

Well, i cheaped out on my tune because budget was short and I needed a tune quick to get my car running. Ran into emance on ebay and ordered a tune for my setup. First tune was alright, I can drive it around but in WOT a/f were in the 12s and 13s if I remember correctly. Then I got a retune from him and things were better. But next, everytime I hit around 70mph at WOT, my TXS knock light shows knock. And it kept on doing this all the time so I thought it was maybe mechanical related so I checked everything and even performed a boost leak test and everything was fine. Also, a/f at wot was like high 12s. So I'm sure it was the tune that contributed to the knocking because it was knocking at that specific point. And as a result I blew my first piston. I took out the piston and a piece cracked off. If only I have taken pictures of the piston. Oh yeah, before all this the motor was healthy. Did a compression test and all cylinders read 205+/-3. Everything I bought was brand new too, except for the oem s15 injectors I bought from Sunnys14 which were working perfectly for his tune he got from enthalpy.
stock internals,t2 GT2871R, Unorthodox pulley set,FMIC, HKS SSQV 2, Apexi N1, z32 maf, nismo 740cc injectors,Prosport boost and oil guages, Innovate LC-1 WB02, enthalpy dual tune ecu for 91 and e85, Apexi N1 EvX suspension, cusco rear sway bar and front brace, megan tie bar, RUCAs, toe arms, traction arms, etc, works vsxx, Nismo solid red with white pearls, daily driving