93 boosted 4x4 hb tune questions

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
Myst69
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

93 boosted 4x4 hb tune questions

Post by Myst69 »

Hello everyone, I’m trying to get my hardbody timed with my new mspnp2+trigger wheel install and I’m having a little difficulty. The trigger wheel for this particular unit was the 54mm disk 24 -2 tooth and I’m wondering if the “this side up” etched into this wheel doesn’t apply to my project because I am getting some pretty crazy readings in tuner studio I’ll try and post a pic of the composite logger, I’m getting no spark and also no rpm sync in ts unless cranking so I think something is out of whack.
Last edited by Myst69 on Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Myst69

Re: 93 boosted 4x4 hb tune questions

Post by Myst69 »

78F1CAEF-3CB2-4C72-B3C7-4CD706A31878.jpeg
Boosted90Hardbody
Learners Permit

Post by Boosted90Hardbody »

Post your .msq or a screenshot of your ignition wheel decoder settings. Is your wheel the new 24-2 or the old style dual 12-1 with the single separate cam angle tooth?
Myst69

Post by Myst69 »

It’s the newer 24 tooth wheel, I got the truck to fire up and kinda idle but now I am running really rich and I have to keep the throttle in just a bit to keep her going. I have full rpm sync, temp sensors are all functional and reading okay but my aem wideband is off the charts rich and she’s sputtering pretty bad. I have dw 550cc injectors in that I thought were calibrated properly in ts but they’re dumping fuel.
Myst69

Post by Myst69 »

I know it’s ridiculous looking and a bit over kill but my schwitzer ran into some angle issues so I’ve decided to run this monster with dual wastegates around 10psi. That is of course if I can figure out my fueling woes. Would it be better to just run the wideband into my ms and set it to afr tables??? I don’t know where to go from here??
I know it’s ridiculous looking and a bit over kill but my schwitzer ran into some angle issues so I’ve decided to run this monster with dual wastegates around 10psi. That is of course if I can figure out my fueling woes. Would it be better to just run the wideband into my ms and set it to afr tables??? I don’t know where to go from here??
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by p00t »

Why dual wastegates? I am confused by this.

pull out fuel by injector multiplier until things get under control
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022
Myst69

Post by Myst69 »

p00t wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:17 pm Why dual wastegates? I am confused by this.

pull out fuel by injector multiplier until things get under control
Lol I was planning on dual wastegates because that monster turbo was putting out like 12lbs at idle but I opted out of the holset and have since downsized to a smaller Garrett .60 trim that’s functioning well. Where is this setting you speak of “fuel by injector multiplier” I haven’t seen anything like that so far. I tried taking the 14.90 REQ Fuel setting all the way down to 9 and was still getting about an 18 reading on my wide band. This is quite frustrating. I threw the original 270cc injectors back in and updated the setting in ts to no avail??? I must be missing something. I also snapped some pics of my trigger and composite loggers, I’m not having any sync issues and at least now it’s idling but man does it smell, can only stand about 10mins of that before getting light headed.
Myst69

Post by Myst69 »

EB35492D-60A7-411C-9277-F65EC722AECA.jpeg
83A3CEC8-EC6F-4732-BBCE-873B198383F1.jpeg
BD4A6111-CCA4-44F4-A4F3-463C41151D63.jpeg
Myst69

Post by Myst69 »

There is definitely something off here as well it might be my trigger wheel is upside down I will have to look into this further. I am getting excited for summer and nicer weather it’s been depressing up here in WA and I know it’s been kinda crappy everywhere else as well. I feel like everyone is coming out of the woodwork now that it’s finally warming up, need to get this truck dialed in soon hopefully.
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by p00t »

What I meant is how are you adjusting the size of your injectors? There has to be a setting for it.

I think when you run the MAF on the pressure side you wind up adjusting it one way or the other from a theoretical setting because it depends on how the air is flowing through the tube and the angle of the MAF element.

Do you have an intercooler? I usually see it on the cold-side after the intercooler.
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022
Myst69

Post by Myst69 »

Yes the maf is right at the throttle body after the intercooler but my ecu is set to the speed density setting which utilizes an onboard map sensor to calculate fuel load etc. the injectors themselves were set properly but I am starting to think my injection timing is incorrect because I do not have sequential injection it is alternating and after running the engine (roughly) I can pull the plugs and clearly see 2 of the 4 plugs appear to be functioning properly the other 2 covered in thick black soot??
Myst69

Post by Myst69 »

Wow I was not expecting that, the brand new Bosch wideband o2 sensor was faulty right out of the box! I swapped in a new “Chinese” one and afr started reading somewhat lol. I guess it’s on to my next question where would be a decent starting point on my VE table? My wastegate is dumping almost all boost at this time until I can figure a good starting point. I’m currently running 550cc dw injectors and my idle is fairly stable at 13.8-14.1 afr but as soon as I open the throttle it leans out considerably and trying to move the truck is almost impossible as there is no power and it runs very lean. Any input/assistance would be greatly appreciated.