I NEED 95 altima ECU HELP NOW!

Also known as badass Altima's
95altimagxe
NooB

I NEED 95 altima ECU HELP NOW!

Post by 95altimagxe »

Ok so i bought a full t28bb turbo kit for a 240sx ka24de and i plan on throwing the turbo kit in my altima instead. I have a 1995 altima gxe. The kit came with an ecu for an s13 240sx thats tuned for the same setup on a ka24 de. My question is this:
WILL THE 240sx ECU WORK IN MY ALTIMA? Ive searched forever and cant find the answer. And if it wont work, is the stock ecu in a 95 altima tune-able????
Boost
emo_tactical9
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by emo_tactical9 »

You will need a jumper harness for it.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
95altimagxe
NooB

Post by 95altimagxe »

Where would i find a jumper harness for it? Ive searched kn here and alot of other places but i cannot find one
Boost
Asleep
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Asleep »

i built one at one time, i might have kept it but its probably sitting in a pile of storage junk. anyways, i have a jwt ecu that im contemplating selling, but you would also need the supporting mods that its tuned for.

youre looking for something like this: http://jdmpartswholesale.com/product.ht ... bd-adaptor
Want to turbo your ka? PM me - I have EVERYthing needed to make a ka into a ka-t.
95altimagxe
NooB

Post by 95altimagxe »

The ecu is out of an s13. The ecu is an obd1 not ob2. Im pretty sure my 95 altima is an ob1 as well right?
Boost
Asleep

Post by Asleep »

95altimagxe wrote:The ecu is out of an s13. The ecu is an obd1 not ob2. Im pretty sure my 95 altima is an ob1 as well right?
95 is a weird year for nissan. its a little of both if you look at the pinouts. it doesnt use the older blue obd1 harness, but uses the white harness that obd2 uses, but it isnt quite obd2. i think to use the s13 ecu in the altima, you have to switch a couple pins around. i think thats what i figured out when i was doing the research when i wanted to use my jwt ecu from the altima, in my s13.
Want to turbo your ka? PM me - I have EVERYthing needed to make a ka into a ka-t.
Boostedaltima95
NooB

Post by Boostedaltima95 »

How would i go about doing that? If theres a link for instructions or a plug and play harness that would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, is the stock ecu i have in my altima tunsble or do i have to get an aftermarket one? Thanks in advance
GXE with SE conversion
Asleep

Post by Asleep »

Boostedaltima95 wrote:How would i go about doing that? If theres a link for instructions or a plug and play harness that would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, is the stock ecu i have in my altima tunsble or do i have to get an aftermarket one? Thanks in advance
i dont know if the stock ecu is tunable by you. i never looked that deep into it. jwt programs em but its like 600 bucks for the first tune and 100 bucks each tune after. i think i might be able to find the pinout again, but youd have a lot of soldering to do to convert the harness. it was like 60 wires i think and a few hours of work.
Boostedaltima95
NooB

Post by Boostedaltima95 »

Damn man. I cant afford that for the ecu. I was looking for a cheaper route to make the 240ecu work in the altima. Otherwise can i just pay a tuning place to tune the stock ecu?
GXE with SE conversion