Daigle’s S14

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Re: Daigle’s S14 - Looking for Opinions on PS setup

Post by sdaigle240 »

yeah i look at headlight retrofits all the time lol. but thats like 300$ that could be spent on cooler stuffs. like MAX.. theyre front and rear knuckles at 400 each are just a retardedly stupid dumb deal. i dont even know how they make money, especially the rears with the spherical bearings. thinking i might make a few more sets of knuckles to sell and just buy PBM **** lol. the other half of me says "your setups already so much better than it was b4 just be happy and go buy a body kit" lol

so so good...
http://www.partsshopmax.com/page.php?39
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
sdaigle240

Re: Daigle’s S14 - LCA's extended, notched, boxed and stoppe

Post by sdaigle240 »

LCA WErK

added 1/2", box'd n notched'd, adjustable stopper and added some meat to the knuckle to accommodate it.

schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
supakat
SuperMod

Re: Daigle’s S14 - LCA's extended notched boxed adj stops

Post by supakat »

Nice work. I see you are really enjoying the car now more than before. Keep it up.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

thanks supa! yeah i really like to tinker and fab, apparently almost as much as driving the thing! ...i am missing events though :( but hey motivation struck me and i went with it. Im skipping the tubs for now, between time and them not seeming completly necessary ill just save it for another project. i really want to drive but i also really want to stuff in a welded diff and mod my subframe bushies into risers. so another projects already lined up.
ka240de
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by ka240de »

really cool fab work you've done here ! cant wait to see how the lca mods affect things
1991 sil-eighty se sold
1995 bmw 540i written off
1995 pathfinder se, sold
1995 Altima gxe, sold
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

thank you kind sir! im going to hold off posting the picture untill its all bolted down but its got pretty serious angle. Im most excited about the reduction on turns lock to lock. from about 3.25 to 2.5 so that should translate to a lot less wheel input while sliding. thats why **** takes me so long. overthink overthink overthink execute and enjoy.
ka240de

Post by ka240de »

yeah it might also be something to get used to if you've drifted the car before! I can imagine that would make things easier for sure
1991 sil-eighty se sold
1995 bmw 540i written off
1995 pathfinder se, sold
1995 Altima gxe, sold
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

sloooowly making progress. brake lines done, just gotta insulate with fuel line and adel clamps. also working on fuse box relocation. box is going half in the bay half in the fender well. all cut out and fit up, just extending a few wires and need to build a metal box off the chasis to keep the back side of the box out of the elements.

m10x1.0 to -3AN fittings with -3 tube nuts and tubes. using a ridgid 37* flare tool.

sdaigle240

Re: Daigle’s S14 - Tucked Brake Lines w/Banjos 7/8/14

Post by sdaigle240 »

hard lined the WG setup

Fuse box relocation - tight everywhere but clears everything.

some light tint on the headlight.... do like.

moved the PS Res. also tight everywhere but fits mint

typical rot spot. all fixed up now.

redid the brake shield. lil more triming
adamky
SuperMod

Re: Daigle’s S14 - Fuse Box & PS Res Relocated, rot repair 7

Post by adamky »

The fuse box relocation is very innovative. Tucked out of the way but still accessible. Pimp. The PS relocation is great too. There's a lot of wasted space in that area and that's a good way to make use of it. I can't believe I've never seen anyone else do that before.

Don't be surprised when you see me copying some of your ideas! Keep up the good work.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Great work daigle! Finished product is gonna look clean. I still amazed on the fuse location. Sick.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Thanks my Doods! hey have at it, i throw my twist on things but of course get the motivation from other other smart bros. props to my bro toby (i think altimaDET) for showing me the fuse box location. i just live in new england and wanted to have it all sealed up. the PS idea i dunno but saw it somewhere. just grab a spare stock 10mm bolt, about 1.5-2" long and tack it to the flat sheet metal under that corner. i used a stock s13 res (obviously) and made use of half the stock bracket. i cut of the larger of the two tabs and made use of the rubber insulated bushing thing on the smaller tab. threw a washer on the bolt then put the reservoir and bam, tight tight, yet insulated. with out the washer it was pretty floppy.
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

adamky wrote: Don't be surprised when you see me copying some of your ideas! Keep up the good work.
This!

I love the way you did this and other aspects of your build. Great job. This is inspirational. My fuse box is a huge mess with wires all over the place. Im going to do some work from the inspiration of yours. Keep it up, because I want to copy more stuff!
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

damn... im inspiring bros. thats whats up... all about that brotovation. thanks shift!
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Haha brotivation. I like it. It's 6AM here and now I'm going out to the shop to straighten up for when I get home from work this afternoon...for tonight...I (may) dine as a KA-ter!

I love seeing this kind of stuff in builds. Fuse box is ace. On the brake banjo bolts, did you use copper washers? If so, did you feel it necessary to true up/flatten/machine the "face" of each outlet, or do the threads seal it well enough?
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

airman wrote:Haha brotivation. I like it. It's 6AM here and now I'm going out to the shop to straighten up for when I get home from work this afternoon...for tonight...I (may) dine as a KA-ter!

I love seeing this kind of stuff in builds. Fuse box is ace. On the brake banjo bolts, did you use copper washers? If so, did you feel it necessary to true up/flatten/machine the "face" of each outlet, or do the threads seal it well enough?

ohhh sheeet! its time huh. my buddies and i have this turrible tendency of broing everything. from talking about a fitness brogram to discussing what were broing to be doing that night. haha its is most definitely out of control. thanks for the props. the washers on the banjo are aluminum. i just copied a buddies setup whose been running his like this for a few years. id be happy to post up part numbers if anyones interested. think i spent around 75 bucks to do the brake lines and fittings. had to borrow an AN/JIC flare tool though.
mattheripper

Post by mattheripper »

Yeah those relocations are ridiculously hidden! Excellent job! Are you keeping A/C? I wish I did, I have my ps down there now though.
Your running a Tial wastegate right? 38mm? Whats the lowest psi you can steadily hold with the holset on there?
I want to run 10-12 psi to make my stock engines last as long as possible. But the lowest I can set my ebay tial knockoff and mbc to is 15 psi no spiking so thats good, but its a 6-7 psi spring lol.
I have a ebc on the way and am considering synapse's 40mm wastgate that bolts in. But yeah how much is your 38mm tubing able to bleed out?
R32 KA24DET HE341 MEGASQUIRT DIYPNP S13 suspension 18x10/12
Click it >>>> viewtopic.php?t=56032
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

mattheripper wrote:Yeah those relocations are ridiculously hidden! Excellent job! Are you keeping A/C? I wish I did, I have my ps down there now though.
Your running a Tial wastegate right? 38mm? Whats the lowest psi you can steadily hold with the holset on there?
I want to run 10-12 psi to make my stock engines last as long as possible. But the lowest I can set my ebay tial knockoff and mbc to is 15 psi no spiking so thats good, but its a 6-7 psi spring lol.
I have a ebc on the way and am considering synapse's 40mm wastgate that bolts in. But yeah how much is your 38mm tubing able to bleed out?
tahnks dood. i am indeed keeping AC. i feel like a 400hp caged track car with AC would be pretty cool. I want to keep it as daily friendly as possible...if thats possible with a cage lol.

yeah tial 38 with a 12# spring and it holds pretty good. i run it at 18 and its been a looong time since ive ran lower but i dont ever recall any creep. of course you always get a touch of spike, a psi or so. i did see your comment on that ebay WG..... LOL.
mattheripper

Post by mattheripper »

Haha I don't even remember what eBay wg comment your referring to what was it(haha never mind it see where I said something about it). But guess what?
I just took it out with buddy to smooth out the ve table. Took out the mbc and only fed the bottom port on the wastegate and it held 7psi all the way to 7500. I was so stoked. Almost thought l might have to redo my piping for bigger stuff and get a good wg right away AND have even more downtime before I could fully tune. But right now it's not creeping so hopefully the ebc will be all I need to up the boost safely. 15psi felt sick but I don't need it and I'm not built. Lol
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

mattheripper wrote:Haha I don't even remember what eBay wg comment your referring to what was it(haha never mind it see where I said something about it). But guess what?
I just took it out with buddy to smooth out the ve table. Took out the mbc and only fed the bottom port on the wastegate and it held 7psi all the way to 7500. I was so stoked. Almost thought l might have to redo my piping for bigger stuff and get a good wg right away AND have even more downtime before I could fully tune. But right now it's not creeping so hopefully the ebc will be all I need to up the boost safely. 15psi felt sick but I don't need it and I'm not built. Lol

yeah I meant that your 7# egay gate holds 14# lol, that **** is very funny to me. glad to hear you got it sorted. id say keep it to 12psi if your not looking to rebuild the motor for a while. that'll last with a solid tune.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

same paint, different angles and lighting.

duplicolor gloss black caliper paint
metalcast anodized transparent purple (2 dustings)
gloss
wet sand
wax

**** is wild... constantly changes appearance. you may spot what appears to be imperfections in the purple application but its actually just lighting. a small dimple creates a very different look than the metal adjacent to it. i love that it pretty much looks black, untill further inspection.

between this and my truck bed liner idea years back im like the **** rattle can sensai
sdaigle240

Re: Daigle’s S14 - Painted Bay 7/22

Post by sdaigle240 »

thats enough wet sanding for me. bahh that **** sucks. i see how you could just keep going but good enough for me. here she is kinda waxed.

PatPutter14
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by PatPutter14 »

About to do this myself once swap starts
Theres no Replacement for Displacement! Machine it Right the First Time....
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

the mods turned out awesome. my car gained insane turn in grip. i think my drift car would do really well at autox with some meats on the back right now lol. definitely feels more agile than how ive autox'd it years ago. the faster steering ratio is awesome, i just cant get over the way it progressively gains grip the harder you turn in. it all makes sence, i added 2 more degrees of camber, which translated to more contact patch while turning (and less while driving straight lol) and i can feel it. the front end felt amazingly planted and really handled the added shear from additional angle without washing out or anything. my old poly rack bushings were hammered by the end of the second day so i got some PBM alu ones on the way. i was also pleased to see they DONT RUB! well they rub on the frame rail above the tire but i call those my "bump stops" lol. 17x10 +0 with a 1/2" extended LCA at 4.8* camber, ~8.5 caster.

unfortunately due to an error in my WG hardline execution i was stuck to 12 psi but still managed. also swithed back to recirc'd WG.. it had been a while, and i can shamelessly say my car sounds amazing. a kid rolled up in a kouki asked me what i had cuz it sounded amazing. i later realized he had an rb26 in his car... lol! awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1Q4Aiv4qU

mattheripper

Re: Daigle’s S14 - ClubLooseNorth Event

Post by mattheripper »

Dude YES! 12psi looks just fine. I've been streeting on 7 haha and it's been okay. And your smoke I wanna be there. ***** looks good dude.
And hey do you have a way of measuring caster? Or do you have to somewhere?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

thanks man! my caster methods are ghetto at best. my buddy has a kit but i cant seem to get a realistic caster measurement out of it (3*). i knew my caster was set to 7.8 years ago at a higher ride height (maybe 2" higher lol) so i figured it had to be atleast that. i was replacing the heims so i just added length right off the bat and adjusted till both coils read the same mean number. obviously you cant align the gauge dead straight so if you go back and forth you can get a pretty good feel for the average or center. i dont claim this to be accurate, but i do feel my caster is even and thats whats important to me. the wheel is in the center of the well anyway, much movement in either direction would cause rub. my wheel centers just fine while drifting, so wherever im at, i dont see a need for more. i like how our sport is about feel. its just whatever feels good to you, right now i am feeeelin this **** righ hea.

this is some of the more hood rat **** you'll ever catch me doing haha
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

I didn't see anything in the last few replies other than two girls in short shorts. I'll come back later and attempt to locate some pics of the car and any words that were included.
<-Perv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m-7CrWkrFk

Kidding. I'd love to hear the exhaust. Got any videos of it?
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
mattheripper

Post by mattheripper »

Haha I'm down with that level of hoodrattery. Thanks for the info. Also :handgestures-thumbup: on the short shorts pic!
I'm amazed with how different our cars sound. I uploaded a 13 second clip of the other day's streeting and I'm gonna link it in my build right after this so you can see. Its nothing to brag about simply upload it to show the sound difference.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

HoEs bE HyPnOtIzEd bY ThAt ChRoME
haha yeah im sayin, them bunz. Adam, did ya breeze right over the YT link? it was located vanishingly close to said bunz though so you might have. check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1Q4Aiv4qU

matt, post it up! i havent "heard" anything on your IG account. i think one of the biggest factors is the type of manifold. seems like long tubes sound the sweetest. ive got like a shorty tube mani.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

matt heres one with the dump tube in instead of recirc'd. the video makes it sound a bit more tasteful than i think it actually is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RWvUCCGxQ4