SC Q's

For those other forced induction brothers
Terranosaurus II
Learners Permit

SC Q's

Post by Terranosaurus II »

Hi all, I read a post from 'nismoautoxr' saying intake temps too high and reliability sacrifice regarding supercharging with an SC bolted to upper intake manifold, I'm also on my way to mild setup supercharging, I'm using-

Toyota SC14 with clutched pulley, 10lb max
standard internals, truck motor 8.6:1 cr afaik
forward facing manifold adopted front reversed FWD KA manifold
440cc injectors
intercooled
management of some sort

SC will be mounted on exhaust side of motor in place of AC compressor, air path from outlet to intercooler mounted in grill, to the throttle body. Based on what I've said Im using and the mildness of the setup, with expectations of 200-300hp, would I still have similar problems with heat/ det, or is the putting an intercooler, low boost and good tune enough to keep the motor from grenading?

Supercharging for something different, have turbo'd one before, would like the novelty of being able to turn it on and off when I want, plus I got my SC, intercooler, pipes, injectors and the manifold for $350, vehicle already has extractors and exhaust, bargain on a budget so to speak
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

It's hard to say without knowing more about that particular supercharger. If it is similar in size to a M62, the IATs should be close to the same (pre-intercooler).

These setups can be reliable if you are very, very conservative with your tune. Mine was great at ~220 whp and water/meth UNTIL I started adding more timing.

For what's it's worth, I wish my supercharger was off of my car right now. I have a turbo setup waiting to go on, but no garage to do the work in. It's killing me..!
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
Terranosaurus II
Learners Permit

Post by Terranosaurus II »

The Toyota SC14 is a 1.4 litre displacement SC, twin screw/ roots (cant remember, not centrifugal though) which is derived from Toyota's 2 litre straight 6 1GGZE from the late 80's Soarers. From what I can gather, its closest Eaton equivalent is the M90. Aftermarket application can be remotely mounted, hence my being able to throw in an intercooler.