Supercharged Hybrid Z24/Ka24e Build in D21

For those other forced induction brothers
Adrenalin
240sx Wannabe

Re: Supercharged Hybrid Z24/Ka24e Build in D21

Post by Adrenalin »

Wow, been a while, but back messing around with the ute.

New wheels and tyres to go on soon (pics to come).
Also looking at new suspension bush kit and engine mounts.
Any recommendations on either?
D21 Pickup in the build - Powered by hybrid KA-R
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60135
Adrenalin
240sx Wannabe

Post by Adrenalin »

Tune is finally drivable on boost. Still has some issues. Rich on cruise and boost but lean from 2nd or 3rd gear roll on.
Only making 5PSI at the moment, well at least that's what my stuffed boost gauge says. LOL

The Vortech mondo works awesome. Its very responsive and that's just on its factory setting.

I'm not that happy with the exhaust anymore. Its pretty harsh from 2500rpm onwards which is keeping me from pushing rpm past 4000rpm at this point. Maybe a bigger resonator and a divider plate after the 4-1 extractor merge may also clean up the note.
Any ideas???

That said, the ignition mapping is probably not optimal yet which may be adding to the harshness on the engine note.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Adrenalin wrote:Tune is finally drivable on boost. Still has some issues. Rich on cruise and boost but lean from 2nd or 3rd gear roll on.
Only making 5PSI at the moment, well at least that's what my stuffed boost gauge says. LOL

The Vortech mondo works awesome. Its very responsive and that's just on its factory setting.

I'm not that happy with the exhaust anymore. Its pretty harsh from 2500rpm onwards which is keeping me from pushing rpm past 4000rpm at this point. Maybe a bigger resonator and a divider plate after the 4-1 extractor merge may also clean up the note.
Any ideas???

That said, the ignition mapping is probably not optimal yet which may be adding to the harshness on the engine note.
Glad to hear it's running. I had the same issue with my exhaust being way too loud after supercharging. It was ridiculous. I added two resonators and it was a night and day difference and I love how it sounds now. Check the bottom of this post to see the resonators that I added: http://www.ka-t.org/viewtopic.php?p=460460#p460460

I had to switch from a 4-1 header to a 4-2-1 when I installed my Z32 trans kit. It sounded so much better with the 4-1. I miss it.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
Adrenalin
240sx Wannabe

Post by Adrenalin »

Thanks Adamky.

I think I will add an extra resonator as you suggested. The hotdog style glasspack resonator I have at the moment is probably only 12" long. Adding a second unit that's maybe 18-20" should make for a better sound.

Despite the exhaust noise, there is no hiding the supercharger whine from the sc14. It's loud!

Bought a set of VDO gauges to replace the factory dash.
Need to get my hands on a speed sensor to suit the trans and make up the new gauge cluster face plate.
Then have the fun of wiring them all up.
Unsure if I keep the idiot lights or just go with gauges...
tchida14
240sx Wannabe

Post by tchida14 »

Make any progress on this build recently? I want to see a video of this thing!!!
SIL8D
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by SIL8D »

this is awesome