Finally Decided

For those other forced induction brothers
NoKittenXIII
Dreams of owning a 240!

Finally Decided

Post by NoKittenXIII »

So I finally come back to KA-t, and the place has changed a lot. I like it though. Anyway, on topic. I have decided to go S/C in my 04 Xterra by using a 240 block my buddy gave me (complete with trans, just needs assembled) and had a couple of quick questions. What's the best blower to use? I know the site that sells the adapter kit suggests the Eaton off the S/C X's and Frontiers. Any other options? Also, as the motor is currently disassembled, any upgrades I should do besides a basic rebuild before I put it back together for the blower? I'm building a dune runner. I'll post some pics of the current suspension in abit.

~Critter
Likes to get dirty.

04 Xterra <- Ol' Blue
On hold for the Beast's rebuild
10 Explorer 4X4<- Mom's Station Wagon
81 F250 2WD <- The Beast
ka240de
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: Finally Decided

Post by ka240de »

You might want to consider the actual 3.3l v6 that the charger came off . Bore it to 3.5, use vh45 pistons, and use vg30dett rods. Stick a eaton m112 on that. You'd be looking at a safe 350hp with loads of torque. I really want to do this on my pathfinder actually.

As for the ka, I would suggest new pistons, you could go with supetech pistons, they are 400$ and would handle the power you will be making
C/r should be anywhere in the 10's. It will help low end power and the pistons are the weakest part of the ka
The main problem with supercharging the ka is that all of those eaton chargers are inneficient and the highest psi you could get out of the m62 is around 14 psi if you run methanol and 93 or 94 pump. These chargers are for oem applications and produce too much heat
1991 sil-eighty se sold
1995 bmw 540i written off
1995 pathfinder se, sold
1995 Altima gxe, sold