MS3 Pro install troubles

http://www.diyautotune.com
Ruff Ryder 6
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

MS3 Pro install troubles

Post by Ruff Ryder 6 »

Hi all,
I have a 240sx that I am trying to get working on MS3 Pro. I have all the other connections made, but when I tried to crank the car I got no RPM. I am attempting to follow this writeup, but there is no mention of MS3 Pro on the page, and the settings change for each type of board and version of MS.
I added the 1k resistors that came with the MS3Pro. I switched the inputs around because I thought I may have had that backwards. Still can't get a consistent RPM signal. It shows up every now and then when cranking and I have gone through all the trigger wheel setting combinations. Sometimes it would show RPM when I let go of the key. I have attached my current .msq and a datalog. Need help because I am running out of time for a track event coming up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

After doing a bit of reading, is it possible that the CAS is a 5v input with pullup not 12v? Currently feeding it 12v
Attachments
2015-07-01_21.33.46.msl
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 243 times
2015-07-01_21.57.24.msq
(225.4 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Matt Cramer
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Re: MS3 Pro install troubles

Post by Matt Cramer »

Try using a 5 volt pull up on the inputs, and make sure that neither CKP- nor CMP- are connected to anything.
Matt at DIYAutoTune.com - Megasquirt ECUs, fuel injectors, wideband O2 sensor systems, and more
Nissan plug and play engine management now in stock!