DIY Emissions Removal SOHC

Yup, post them single slammers here....
proughj
Learners Permit

Post by proughj »

ehh ok so i have a few questions about the emissions removal
when removing the egr theres still the sensor did u guys remove that whole block or just the smaller piece?" and if only the smaller piece was removed what did u do about the sensor? or wire hanging from it?

next question has to do with what is this and is it needed?

and last question about vac lines u run the one line from the fpr to a intake hard line but im not quite sure where that is. also u said there was 2 vac lines but u only mentioned that one

if anyone can awnser some of my question that would be kewl thanks guys
iamanonymous
240sx Wannabe

Post by iamanonymous »

proughj wrote:ehh ok so i have a few questions about the emissions removal
when removing the egr theres still the sensor did u guys remove that whole block or just the smaller piece?" and if only the smaller piece was removed what did u do about the sensor? or wire hanging from it?

next question has to do with what is this and is it needed?

and last question about vac lines u run the one line from the fpr to a intake hard line but im not quite sure where that is. also u said there was 2 vac lines but u only mentioned that one

if anyone can awnser some of my question that would be kewl thanks guys
take the whole thing off. and any wires

thats the butterfly controller. remove it and cut the butterflies out. jb weld all holes

dont understand third question
boosting
nis720
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by nis720 »

I found it easier to make a plate to fit on the EGR block.

The silenoid I removed along with the rod then I had the holes welded shut on mine.

Still plays with trucks
http://members.cardomain.com/nis720
All anybody wants is a normal life and a cool car... most people settle for the car - Titus.
PDavis40
240sx Wannabe

Post by PDavis40 »

why did you have the holes inside welded shut?
iamanonymous
240sx Wannabe

Post by iamanonymous »

PDavis40 wrote:why did you have the holes inside welded shut?
i jb welded mine. i think there's a way for the air to leak out. cant remember what it looked like in there
boosting
Alex_V
240sx Wannabe

Post by Alex_V »

Yea it connects all the runners and leaks too. I only took the butterflys off and left the shaft they turn on in there, it was 99% of the beneifit and no work at all. Though this time around (I also have like 3? spare IM's) Im going to get it welded shut.

pfft that EGR block is boring and weaksause. Mines awesome because its made from a stop sign. :P

~Alex
I hate t25s on KAs and wheel gap and No your car really isnt that low.

Rusty II-Daily duty, SOHC-T soon
Spartian- the clean s13 getting a VQ35DE-TT soon
Maxima- the relia-beater aka 4DSC!!
PDavis40
240sx Wannabe

Post by PDavis40 »

well ****.... i guess i need to take my intake manifold back off and weld that crap up.. I've done a smoke test on it and didnt see any coming out anywere..
Skid_racer
NooB

Post by Skid_racer »

I guess I am really new here and maybe there is an answer somewhere, but I have a 1995 Nissan hardbody that I would like to remove the EGR and AIV systems from. I was wondering if it would be similar to the 240SX removal or if the Hardbodys have different setups.

Also, I have already removed the Charcoal canister and BPT Valve, and my Check Engine light is on. Is that due to removing the BPT valve and not the EGR? I plan on removing everything, but I want the light off. They say no CEL with everything removed. Let me know what's up.
Trippen
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Trippen »

Ok Guys I am doing all this right now to my 89. and came across something that wasn't covered. the extra water lines. there are Three of them.
1. was covered that was next to the PCV.
2. Where it goes from the PCV and enters the runner pipe under the intake mani going to the heater lines on the fire wall.
3. Small tube coming out from the Upper radiator hose
4. Also Disconnected the water lines around the Throttle body since they are not needed for fuel icing here.

So my Question is If I route #2 to #3. Would this work.....I would like to eliminate them all together and looking at options of welding or plugging too.
Trippen-
-Boost is like a bad habit the more you do it the more you want it.-

89 240sx se Hatch-NA RS*R race springs w/AGX's
92 240sx se Convertible-(Wifes Car) NA , Tanabe Coilovers..
95 240sx se KA-T Borded .20 over JWT ECU, Z32 MAF, Arias Pistons, Eagle Rods, 50 trim T3/T4 turbo, 50lb MSD, J30 LSD, Custom Drive shaft,D21 flywheel,PLX-R500 and TurboXS Knock lite. 275.5 tq 246hp @14psi
Jackasknissan

Post by Jackasknissan »

im running from the heater hose steel line under the intake that went to the pine on the plenum to the upper rad port thaty would have gone to the tb

the line that went from the heater core steel line to the plenum will even work to run the 2 new ones together
Turbo24sxt wrote:SOHC > DOHC ... period ...
oaznbeasto wrote: Hey 6 posts, Go **** yourself! learn something then post[/quote
Trippen

Post by Trippen »

Well seems to be working as I thought it would. Got it running and cooling. Haven t driven the car was running out of time. Way way too much going on over the past week. The only PITA was trying to connect the EGR pipe back up. Put my nickles back in and hard a bear of a time getting it re connected. Still didn't finish it but oh well. Next trip maybe. Sorry folks didnt get pics but I will see what I can draw up for future reference.
Trippen-
-Boost is like a bad habit the more you do it the more you want it.-

89 240sx se Hatch-NA RS*R race springs w/AGX's
92 240sx se Convertible-(Wifes Car) NA , Tanabe Coilovers..
95 240sx se KA-T Borded .20 over JWT ECU, Z32 MAF, Arias Pistons, Eagle Rods, 50 trim T3/T4 turbo, 50lb MSD, J30 LSD, Custom Drive shaft,D21 flywheel,PLX-R500 and TurboXS Knock lite. 275.5 tq 246hp @14psi
Tram Common
NooB

Post by Tram Common »

Resurrecting this bad boy for a few questions.

1 - The water lines that I've just removed that ran along the intake plenum...what are they for actually? Also, where the line originates from, right under the throttle body there...can I simply cap it off? Or is a weld in need?

You can see here that I've simply capped er' off with a crappy hose-n-screw combination.

2 - The S.C.V. butterfly solenoid in the rear. I've removed it, but I can't get the shaft out...is removing that shaft crucial? Any negatives to leaving it in?

Thanks guys, and sorry if these have been answered before...I have searched loads though.

Here's the beast, she's a KA24E in an 86 Nissan S12 200SX:

nis720

Post by nis720 »

Tram Common wrote:Resurrecting this bad boy for a few questions.

1 - The water lines that I've just removed that ran along the intake plenum...what are they for actually? Also, where the line originates from, right under the throttle body there...can I simply cap it off? Or is a weld in need?

2 - The S.C.V. butterfly solenoid in the rear. I've removed it, but I can't get the shaft out...is removing that shaft crucial? Any negatives to leaving it in?

Thanks guys, and sorry if these have been answered before...I have searched loads though.

Here's the beast, she's a KA24E in an 86 Nissan S12 200SX:
1 - I would run a line from where it originates (next to the main hose), to the line that runs under the intake with the heater core hose. It just loops is and bypasses the throttle body and the one on the side of the upper plennum.

2 - You need to make sure they are affixed to stay open, you wouldnlt want them closing at open throttle. To remove the shaft you need to remove all the plates from the bar and remove the screw in the center.
Still plays with trucks
http://members.cardomain.com/nis720
All anybody wants is a normal life and a cool car... most people settle for the car - Titus.
Tram Common
NooB

Post by Tram Common »

2 - You need to make sure they are affixed to stay open, you wouldnlt want them closing at open throttle. To remove the shaft you need to remove all the plates from the bar and remove the screw in the center.
Thanks for the advice. One other Q'.

Does removing the shaft require me to remove the whole plenum and weld holes shut?

...if so, can I simply leave the shaft open? I'm guessing that "up" is open. Do I need to secure it open or anything? Will it go down by itself?
ruili1018
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by ruili1018 »

nice guild i removed all my emission but i never thought of running the harness under the intake manifold
WoodyKa620
NooB

Post by WoodyKa620 »

(This is my first post on this forum)
When I took out my scv i left the rod in and just unscrewed the butterfly flaps. I havent had a problem. although mine isnt turbod yet, so Im not sure how that would work.

Also another tip for guys looking to remove even more, if youre not running a/c or any components you can take the ficd off the aac unit and plug it... or just take the spring and plunger out of the ficd and screw it back in and take off the wires. :P
ka24eman
NooB

Post by ka24eman »

yall think the 1st post can get new pictures? i dont see any..
4ageman@gmail.com / 404-399-9423
khmer1
240sx Wannabe

Post by khmer1 »

pictures doesnt work needed asap thanks
khmer1
240sx Wannabe

Post by khmer1 »

pictures doesn't work i need them so i can start cleaning up my engine bay sorry it just easier for me then the write up haha
tiernan7722
NooB

Post by tiernan7722 »

Hey guys.......new here. Was looking for some info on vaccum leaks and came across this thread. After reading it and pulled off the uneeded stuff, my engine never idle better. Thanks so much for the Info....
Liteemup39496

Post by Liteemup39496 »

someone fix the pictures pls could really use a visual reference
'89 KAe-T Coupe - on the road to a goal of 400whp with A/C
'91 Hatch - VH45 powered, track duty
'05 Titan - I/H/E VK56 - Tow rig and Daily
Single Jingle love
drader
NooB

Post by drader »

Would it be possible to fix the dead pictures in this thread?

Thanks.
HeatBloom
copdodger
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by copdodger »

just to help out some, i finally found these after removing all my emission, if these dont help, then maybe you shouldn't take this project on....

my before an after, also changed the intake, an relocated battery, and degreased it

melvingoku
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by melvingoku »

ok this is old as f but id like to know somethings. lol

ive kept the acc unit,fpr(duh) and the air regulator like it says.. im not sure where to put the line from the gas tank to the canister into. where do i relocate this line

ive takin out all the vaccume lines, all the garabe behind the valve cover, cannister lines, lines for the air to flow on manfold, removed all the egr tube from the back(broke it off, will jb weld cover the hole?), blocked off the right part of the egr with a block off plate. sensor still has a connector on it so i left it.

if someone could draw up the nessary vacuume lines or grid something simple of wat to keep wat not to keep, i think it will help out alot.

also since my cruise control didnt wokr i removed that thing as well! lol the little diaphram looking thing.

also wat am i to do with the sensor connectors since they are now gone sept for the major ones needed? thanks :D
nelson240sx

Post by nelson240sx »

They only vacuum line you need is for the fpr and brake booster.....nothing else as far as vacuum lines. Just leave the metal line that went from the gas tank to the canister vented....you can do what ever you want with it, just dont plug it.
KA24E-T 06/06 to 10/09 (T25 then H1C Holset) - sold
KA24DE-T 12/09 to 10/11 (T4/TO4E) - sold
KA24DE-T 11/14 to 8/15 (T4/TO4S BB) - sold
SR20DE-T exo-car build 06/13 to 3/16 (EFR6758)
^ now VH45DE-T 6/16 to 10/21 (Billet T04S BB)
^now KA24DE-T 1/22 to current (EFR 7163)
Miata 1.8 turbo 9/15 to 3/17 (VF39) - sold
KA24DE-T build 8/17 to 4/19 (EFR6758) - sold
12.6:1 Turbo KA-T 4/19 to 7/21 (EFR7163) - sold
melvingoku
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by melvingoku »

nelson240sx wrote:They only vacuum line you need is for the fpr and brake booster.....nothing else as far as vacuum lines. Just leave the metal line that went from the gas tank to the canister vented....you can do what ever you want with it, just dont plug it.
ok cool. so about those sensor connectors? wat do i do with them? and where should the fpr line come from. one side obviously goes to the fpr but where from the other side?
glacier985

Post by glacier985 »

I updated the pictures finally, decided to time to finish my turbo setup that has been sitting idle for 3 years.
1990 240sx SE, 96K, ka24eT Time to Finish

melvingoku
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by melvingoku »

still dont no what to do with these extra sensor connectors. lol
nelson240sx

Post by nelson240sx »

melvingoku wrote:still dont no what to do with these extra sensor connectors. lol
you can just leave them or if you want remove the harness and pull the un-used wire / connectors out of the harness. I plan on doing that with my harness eventually
KA24E-T 06/06 to 10/09 (T25 then H1C Holset) - sold
KA24DE-T 12/09 to 10/11 (T4/TO4E) - sold
KA24DE-T 11/14 to 8/15 (T4/TO4S BB) - sold
SR20DE-T exo-car build 06/13 to 3/16 (EFR6758)
^ now VH45DE-T 6/16 to 10/21 (Billet T04S BB)
^now KA24DE-T 1/22 to current (EFR 7163)
Miata 1.8 turbo 9/15 to 3/17 (VF39) - sold
KA24DE-T build 8/17 to 4/19 (EFR6758) - sold
12.6:1 Turbo KA-T 4/19 to 7/21 (EFR7163) - sold
melvingoku
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by melvingoku »

wat if i cut them out? btw i think someone should do a intake manifold sohc replacement thread. would be helpfull after pulling all the egr stuff out. where things should go and wat not.