dopeassjackson please chime in

Yup, post them single slammers here....
RB240
Learners Permit

dopeassjackson please chime in

Post by RB240 »

since most of you know i am going to turbo my ka using a RB25 turbo what i want to know is what did you use for coolant lines and as for the adaptor thing for the oil feed where can i get one? these things are being asked to dopeassjackson but if anyone else had done this befor please chime in aswell :D

Thanks for the help Guys
ImageKA-T to be
Matt_101
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Matt_101 »

I think most people run water cooled turbos from the coolant ling that goes to the throttle body.... i could be complelty wrong about that.

oil fittings.... i dunno about your paticular turbo - but i know some people who buy oil fitting at hydralic stores. i was going to use an rb20 turbo on my car, i think it has a bango nut type of oil feed connection.

but yeah.... dopeass should know for sure. he's given me more than once useful answer to my questions.
Mild rebuild in progress. Hopes of entering Targa Newfoundland in 2011.

"rolled off the assembly line with a KA24 iron block engine that's as stout as Queen Latifah's ankles but as sophisticated as a cannonball" - David Pratte, Modified Mag
nelson240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by nelson240sx »

Just put the turbo in line with the TB coolant lines like he said....i did that with my t25 turbo. As far as the oil feed line i just take my turbo to a race fitting shop and they covert it to a AN fitting and make my oil lines.
KA24E-T 06/06 to 10/09 (T25 then H1C Holset) - sold
KA24DE-T 12/09 to 10/11 (T4/TO4E) - sold
KA24DE-T 11/14 to 8/15 (T4/TO4S BB) - sold
SR20DE-T exo-car build 06/13 to 3/16 (EFR6758)
^ now VH45DE-T 6/16 to 10/21 (Billet T04S BB)
^now KA24DE-T 1/22 to current (EFR 7163)
Miata 1.8 turbo 9/15 to 3/17 (VF39) - sold
KA24DE-T build 8/17 to 4/19 (EFR6758) - sold
12.6:1 Turbo KA-T 4/19 to 7/21 (EFR7163) - sold
RB240
Learners Permit

Post by RB240 »

i guess i worded it wrong, i was going to run lines from the throttle body but i dont have the banjo bolts or lines so i was wondering what he used fittings wise to stick in there so he can run lines from the tb. thanks for the info guys i guess ima look in the yellow pages for speed shops. do you guys think that a hydraulic line shop would have fittings that small for the oil feed?
ImageKA-T to be
Matt_101
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Matt_101 »

They should - i found some pretty small ones at princessauto.... they do criping and all that for free too.

Just hope the person who sevres your isn't an idiot. Just cause the 16 year buck toothed, underglowed civic driving sales person says its nto there - does not mean its not there.
Mild rebuild in progress. Hopes of entering Targa Newfoundland in 2011.

"rolled off the assembly line with a KA24 iron block engine that's as stout as Queen Latifah's ankles but as sophisticated as a cannonball" - David Pratte, Modified Mag
RB240
Learners Permit

Post by RB240 »

haha hopefully i get a mature person who knows his stuff i will go on monday and see whats up. but what i want to know is where is Dope? he must be a very busy person 8)
ImageKA-T to be
FabrioKA
240sx Wannabe

Post by FabrioKA »

coming out of the head is the hot water out pipe (part of the intake manifold). right before it ends is a 1/4 '' ish water tube that is perfect for a return line. the heater core tubing(hard line) running under the the intake manifold has a port coming off of it. this is an excellent water feed line. these lines listed above are just to circulate coolant to the throttle body they are useless. this is not needed in a turbo motor because the heat generated buy the turbine is sufficient to keep the throttle plate warmed. i am running a gt35 and this is exactly how mine is routed. just take them around behind the block to the turbo. this will also clean up your intake manifold significantly, and i have yet to find a sohc owner that likes the factory "birds nest" in the intake valley. hope this helps and happy tunning
RB240
Learners Permit

Post by RB240 »

could you please post pics of your coolant lines behind the block i find it easier to understand by seeing rather than reading thanks :D
ImageKA-T to be
RB240
Learners Permit

Post by RB240 »

Bump,still wondering
ImageKA-T to be
kingkong8247
240sx Wannabe

Post by kingkong8247 »

Fabro that's a good idea, havn't seen that before.

OP you can try looking on FRSport.com, They have **** of fittings for different turbos.

I used the high temp rubber hoses and the banjo fittings for my turbo both found from FRSport but the turbo is melting them even with heat wrap. So what I am going to do is use the rubber hose currently coming off the throttle body (dont have picture) and then going to use the push-lock fitting in the pic to go to rubber line, then use the steel braided line to run to the turbo and hooked into it with the banjo one. Not sure if this is what you were asking but hopefully it helped somehow.
FabrioKA
240sx Wannabe

Post by FabrioKA »

I'm going into the shop today ( Saturdays are play day) I'll post some mock up pics with my spear motor you can't see any of the lines and where they are routed on an installed motor which is great because you don't have to make the connections to the water ports look fancy just ss hose clams work fine. :wink: now mind you i used braid steel line and 8- AN fittings at the turbo they work better and they look killer. and you will want to use heat sleeves and some tie downs to keep them away from your turbo and j-pipe . what good is coolant if it isn't cool lol. :D
RB240
Learners Permit

Post by RB240 »

thanks for the pics Kong and please do post some pics of your setup Fabro thanks again guys
ImageKA-T to be
FabrioKA
240sx Wannabe

Post by FabrioKA »

well I'm at the shop now and once we get this VW1.8T head back together I'll post the mock up. VW's 1.8T has no valve cleranc so when (not if) the t-belt breaks it bends every valve in the head all 20 of them!!!!!!!!. And the funny :? part is that 99% of the time people sit and crank them over 5 or 6, even though they can hear the valves bending!
FabrioKA
240sx Wannabe

Post by FabrioKA »

one more reason to have a KA broke my t-chain and all i had to do is reset the timing and bolt on a new chain set. haha EURO's SUCK
FabrioKA
240sx Wannabe

Post by FabrioKA »

clearance sorry that sound dumb :?
FabrioKA
240sx Wannabe

Post by FabrioKA »

but the best part is the people that have EUROS have more money than since !
kingkong8247
240sx Wannabe

Post by kingkong8247 »

Haha getting that post count up huh Fabro?
dopeassjackson
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by dopeassjackson »

sorry i have been working on other things like so
http://ulster.fnismls.com/publink/defau ... Report=Yes

as for my coolant lines, i havent got around to running them yet. i did buy a set of factory ones with banjo bolts. im probaly going to run a soft line to/from tht turbo then to a hard line across the front of the engine to a soft line connected to the throttle body.
heres a diagram of how to plum in the lines so you get flow through the turbo and just jut water sitting in it.
rebuilt KA24E, port and polish, secondaries removed, stage3 clutch, fidanza flywheel, JGS MM, 3inch cat back with high flow cat, cherry bomb vortex muffler, B&M short shifter,ST sways,nismo brase
KA24ET RB20 turbo, 460cc