KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Customer Experience / Testimonials

Post by R.S. Enthalpy »

Just an open discussion forum for all !
sunnys14
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by sunnys14 »

Enthalpy has been the sole power of my setup.

Great power, great driveability, just minor tweaks with the SAFC.

Been running his tunes for over 4 years.
95 240sx twin-scroll 30R

"A fast car doesn't have to be a loud car."
zerepdivad
240sx Wannabe

Post by zerepdivad »

I just sent payment for a tune. Once i get it 'll throw it in the car and post up results/video of afrs at idle, and underboost and what not.
ka-t just getting used to it now!
R.S. Enthalpy
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by R.S. Enthalpy »

zerepdivad wrote:I just sent payment for a tune. Once i get it 'll throw it in the car and post up results/video of afrs at idle, and underboost and what not.
Make sure you are running a decentyly new O2 sensor, your timing is checked, fpr has a good vac source and MAF is spaced well away from the turbo/ w at least 1 bend in the intake pipe !

R.S. Enthalpy
zerepdivad
240sx Wannabe

Post by zerepdivad »

Yeah everything is good on that. I'll pick up a new o2 sensor just for good measure.
redline240sx

Post by redline240sx »

Hey Enthalpy, i dont know if you remember be but im the dude that had the messed up ECU, the 1 out of 500 lol. But, i just want to say everything worked out perfect!!!!! Car drives and runs just the way i expect it. Great tune!!!
S13 KA-t
240sxvaj
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sxvaj »

Wow! you are finally a sponsor. just curious, is this Scott? i've been running your ECU on my fully built kade for a few years now with out any problem. Ecu was tuned for turbo but sold the turbo and waiting on a new set-up. Even with 740cc injectors the ecu was able to correct that giving me good afr readings for N/A. Hopefully you can tune for Holset HX35 turbo.
s14fiend

Post by s14fiend »

I agree with the 2nd post....... oh and it gets the job done. "Street friendly tunes," TM LOL

-Adam
niko
240sx Wannabe

Post by niko »

R.S. Enthalpy wrote:
zerepdivad wrote:I just sent payment for a tune. Once i get it 'll throw it in the car and post up results/video of afrs at idle, and underboost and what not.
Make sure you are running a decentyly new O2 sensor, your timing is checked, fpr has a good vac source and MAF is spaced well away from the turbo/ w at least 1 bend in the intake pipe !

R.S. Enthalpy

Can you please explain the MAF placement in more details, like the bend in the intake pipe? Does that mean the bend has to be on on the intake filter side, or the turbo side of the MAF? Can an intake filter be directly fitted to the MAF? Or there needs to be a distance as well
.......................................Garret GT28R.......................................
...................................H2O Cooled Boost....................................
ppctx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by ppctx »

R.S. Enthalpy wrote:and MAF is spaced well away from the turbo/ w at least 1 bend in the intake pipe !
R.S. Enthalpy
Much thanks, I called you about two years ago and you told me that. Fixed my issues, plus forced me to go ahead and get the intake filter down in the fender well which had the extra bonus of cool air.

You defiantly know your stuff. What parameters do you need to know about individual setups, to put together the most accurate tune.

PS, off topic but I sent you a pm 4/2/10, did it go thru?
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

niko wrote:Can you please explain the MAF placement in more details, like the bend in the intake pipe? Does that mean the bend has to be on on the intake filter side, or the turbo side of the MAF? Can an intake filter be directly fitted to the MAF? Or there needs to be a distance as well
I have filter directly on the maf, then a 90deg bend, then piping up to turbo. All together, the piping is long enough to put the tip of the filter about 1" away from hitting the bottom of the fender well plastic.
niko
240sx Wannabe

Post by niko »

ppctx wrote:
niko wrote:Can you please explain the MAF placement in more details, like the bend in the intake pipe? Does that mean the bend has to be on on the intake filter side, or the turbo side of the MAF? Can an intake filter be directly fitted to the MAF? Or there needs to be a distance as well
I have filter directly on the maf, then a 90deg bend, then piping up to turbo. All together, the piping is long enough to put the tip of the filter about 1" away from hitting the bottom of the fender well plastic.

Thanks for the help ppctx, i actually imagined the piping being this way to reduce turbulence but wasent exactly sure. And im guessin the farther the 90* is from the MAF the better. Appreciate it man 8)
.......................................Garret GT28R.......................................
...................................H2O Cooled Boost....................................
zerepdivad
240sx Wannabe

Post by zerepdivad »

As of right now i'm having some issues with the enthalpy ecus.
my set up is pretty basic. 550cc top fed rc injectors, z32 mafs, stock internals motor etc.
The first one i sent out to him woujld run horribly rough and would run on 3 cylinders. I would then go ahead and plug in my old emance ecu tuned for 440cc injectors, and z32 mafs, and the car idled perfectly fine. I didn't drive it like that obviously but that basically told me the issue was with the enthalpy ecu.

Then i got another ecu sent out to me from him because the thought the ecu was at fault. This one is better it's somewhat stable but while driving just cruising it's not smooth at all, and while idling it's very lumpy. For a few weeks i thought it was something with my car since it seemed like the issue wasn't the ecu again. SO i went ahead and replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, cleaned my mafs, new o2 sensor etc. And is till had the same issue with cruising being horrible, and idle being very lumpy. So today i went ahead and tried the emance ecu once again, and it idles perfectly steady at about 1000 rpms and revs up smoothly and whatnot. So i would imagine a bad tune or somethign along the lines. I just emailed him about it earlier so i'll have to see how that goes.
I'll update as things progress. As of now i'm honestly all kinds of confused as to how that emance tune runs the car better than the enthalpy tune seeing as how the emance is tuned for 440's which is not what i currently have.
turbo_dreams
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by turbo_dreams »

Mine works well, however she shuts off on decel often. Big upgrade from an safc.
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

I just got back from having my sohc tuned by martin and all i can say is that the car is awesome. He took the time to go over things and did it right. The only problems i have with my car are on my end (leaking throttle body and BOV) the mail tune i got was great for break in and then over to the dyno to get it dialed in. Great Great Great. He is very easy to work with and great at ansmering questions. I must have sent 60 emails to him and he always answered. Thanks again. Will go back to him once i get some more parts and aim for bigger numbers.
billedoc

Post by billedoc »

Making a thread for review. :)
Last edited by billedoc on Fri May 06, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

he has a proven track record of a great product on this site. its a tune and all cars are different. ive shared my self made tune with others with the same setup and they have had to tweak it. this is no different. many times they get it first shot (which still amazes me) and sometimes you'll have to go back and forth a few times. Either way you bought into a product and service that you know you will end up being happy with.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
corey121
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by corey121 »

Bought a ecu from him told him what i had and what i was running car runs great first try.
wesamiss

Post by wesamiss »

I have not even made a purchase from him yet and i am already receiving top notch customer service. great guy. very quick to respond to any dumb question i may have.
WES
justanotherKA
Learners Permit

Post by justanotherKA »

Just thought I'd make a quick post and let people know that I recently purchased a tuned ecu for a KA-T build I'm doing this weekend. The rep, "Martin", asked for the build details and he tailored a rom around it.. even gave me insight on better parts to go with in my build. I bought the tuned rom w/ adapter harness and a N62/Z32 MAF from R.S. Enthalpy at a very good price. I received my purchase 3 days after I paypal'ed him. Overall excellent customer service and product.. Cheers! :D
-S14 dressed in 350z Daytona Blue
-GSP turbo kit in w/goodies, install incoming :)
Caveit77777
240sx Wannabe

Post by Caveit77777 »

Just payed to have my ecu tuned and I'm sending the ecu out tomorrow. Will come back and edit to share how it goes! Heard nothing but great things from these guys.
1996 Zenki: Arias 8.8:1 Forged Pistons, AMS Sportsman Series Rods, Tial 38mm, 370cc, Fel-pro Gaskets, New Stock Crank, Nismo Thermo, Nismo Mounts, Dual Canister Exhaust, Walbro 255, T3/T4 Turbo, Mishimoto Rad, Isis Fans, HKS SSQV, SPL Tension Rods, GAB Revo Sport II Coilovers, Enthalpy Tuned... more to come
Jabberwocky

Post by Jabberwocky »

I sent my ECU to Enthalpy and had it back within a week...VERY fast turn around time. I am still working at getting the car running, but whenever I email Martin with a question he is quick to respond and very helpful. I am very happy that I chose to go with Enthalpy!
2hunglow1standhi
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re: Customer Experience / Testimonials

Post by 2hunglow1standhi »

RS Enthalpy is GOLD! Excellent service, Fast return, Works with you no matter what the problem (Even things that has nothing to do with his tune), If there is a person who asks "what tune to use" Enthalpy is the first Name I think of.
Saving KA24's... One at a time...