NEW FORUMS - Questions and Answers

Check in here to find out about important news and events on the ka-t.org forums.
Sil#2
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Re: NEW FORUMS - Questions and Answers

Post by Sil#2 »

Any update on the Members Rides Page? Wanted to look over the profiles. Thanks
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

Sorry no update. Ryan has been working on it but I haven't talked to him in a bit.
••••••••••••••••••••••••
No... I don't own a 240 anymore!
••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Don't remind me of my failures, I haven't yet forgotten them"
Walperstyle
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Walperstyle »

Can this forum be purchased by someone more interested in creating its structure?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

mobile site is STILL TRASH. cant even use it. WILL NOT STAY IN DESKTOP MODE. mobile mode is just plain crap.

also

I STILL cannot make a reasonable sig picture. size restriction. where as before it was no porblem. current sig is from old site. if i make a new pic same size it wont accept it.

i fully anticipate that none if this gets corrected. were like that old gym you go to where nothing ever gets fixed and the owners are never there. didnt used to be so.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

yeah exactly....

what a **** hole this place is becoming. a **** hole with great people in it.

anywho, 200 megapixed Max width for a sig is a lil crazy. my last sig from the old forum transfers over no prob yet i go to do another and it has to be the size you see below. thats a lot less of a priority to me than figuring out how to keep my phone on the desktop site. cannot stand the Mobil version.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

Walperstyle wrote:Can this forum be purchased by someone more interested in creating its structure?
Seriously?
••••••••••••••••••••••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

sdaigle240 wrote:mobile site is STILL TRASH. cant even use it. WILL NOT STAY IN DESKTOP MODE. mobile mode is just plain crap.

also

I STILL cannot make a reasonable sig picture. size restriction. where as before it was no porblem. current sig is from old site. if i make a new pic same size it wont accept it.

i fully anticipate that none if this gets corrected. were like that old gym you go to where nothing ever gets fixed and the owners are never there. didnt used to be so.
How do you guys hate the mobile version so much? I find it way better than the desktop version but it's all about personal preference.

The signature thing I get and about Ryan and I being MIA I get as well and all I can say is we are actively working on it to make sure it doesn't goto crap. We will only keep it in house.
••••••••••••••••••••••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

hey as long as we keep it going . it does seem like we have less and less traffic over the years :(

mobile version just lacks "view new posts" & "view my posts" id have to click on each section individually. i also like to know who the author is as well as who the most recent poster is. might sound silly but there are some really smart people on here that i read their posts even if irrelevant to me. also been times over the years where we have some bozos that ill just breeze by their posts.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

I do not like the mobile version either. It wasn't that big of a deal in the past because I could just select the full version and it would stay that way. But for the past week or so, it keeps switching me to mobile version and logging me out every time I click on a thread. It's done that a few times from my PC as well (Firefox), but luckily it isn't doing it today.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
Bubba
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Bubba »

Every time I log in I select the "keep me logged in" box and every time I return to the mobile site I still have to log in all over again.

That **** blows.
My car is dead stock.... ish

http://mobileimports.freeforums.org
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

I looked around the Admin control panel and loosened up some of the session security options. I don't know if they are responsible since the problem seems more random, though.

Let's cross our fingers. This has been bugging me and everyone else too
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

I found the issue. The cookie path in the control panel had not been changed from the old config. The next time you log in, it should remember you.

I am now able to close the tab/window and go back to ka-t.org and still be logged in. This was not the case earlier after making the changes I loosened up earlier.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

Hey is my account de activated? Could someone have rick or a mod email me at thearcasylum@gmail.com. I don't know how It let me stay logged in enough to post this. normally it logs me in then kicks me out right away.

THANKS!
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

TinyT wrote:Hey is my account de activated? Could someone have rick or a mod email me at thearcasylum@gmail.com. I don't know how It let me stay logged in enough to post this. normally it logs me in then kicks me out right away.

THANKS!
It's something going on with the forum software. http://www.ka-t.org/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=61708

I still can't stay logged in via Firefox, but it's letting me stay logged in via Internet Explorer now.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Airman has a little more control now. He is really contributing his time and effort to the cause. Thank you sir for you efforts.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

Yeah, my offer to purchase comes with a grain of salt. I'd rather buy the domain and rights and try to set it up properly (kinda how it looked before), where then it can be self moderated and controlled by moderators. I get the impression this is piggy backed off a server somewhere that isn't able to handle the traffic, and isn't really a priority.

Granted, I have a lot on my plate myself, I just wish I could get this site done and back to looking like something, instead of an archive of has-beens. :p
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

I've offered purchasing rights to the site but Rick won't make the decision without Ryan's blessing, who has been missing in action for quite some time now. This plain old phpBB forum is all I have access to.
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

Walperstyle wrote:I get the impression this is piggy backed off a server somewhere that isn't able to handle the traffic, and isn't really a priority.
We are on a VPS with DreamHost and I have bumped up the amount of resources it is allocated, which is also more $ per month. We are currently shelling out between $100 to $200 a month to host the site.
••••••••••••••••••••••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••
dreadnought4629
Learners Permit

Post by dreadnought4629 »

i cant see lot of the pictures some i can....