vg30e assembly

Non-technical 240sx stuff in here.
ka240de
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

vg30e assembly

Post by ka240de »

hello i am putting my vg30e back together after a rebuild and i am not sure how to set mechanical timing, all the searching ive done i cant find a copy of the fsm only corrupt files. like 3 :/ . if anyone has experience with this or can point me in the right direction let me know !
1991 sil-eighty se sold
1995 bmw 540i written off
1995 pathfinder se, sold
1995 Altima gxe, sold
ka240de

Re: vg30e assembly

Post by ka240de »

i suppose is will update this with my progress.

i purchased back my heads from the shop, including new head gaskets, intake gaskets, and valve cover gaskets. wednesday i go to the city and pick up my new timing belt and tensioner from oakwood nissan. the heads got new intake valves and an aggressive valve grind. also changing up the exhaust tossing the aftermarket ypipe and going true dual 2" exhaust

if money was no object i would love to have a remanned vg33e bottom end and a stock vg30et turbo setup, maybe one day.

for now the truck has pacesetters, 350 ftlb clutch, powersteering and ac delete, 3" lift springs, new shocks, cutom upper control arms, with alot of poly bushings idler arm brace upgraded torsion bars, 240sx maf upgrade, ported lower intake, jim wolf tech venturi "pop" filter those are the main things. i purchased a 2.5" cat back aswell but chopped it up with the grinder and made it different. also my drivers side engine mount sheered, so ill chain my engine down :)

next is some lighter offset 17" rims and 33x10.5's. i wouldnt be afraid to do a 2" body lift aswell. also new balljoints are needed.
still working on cleaning. just might re paint the bay white, ill keep updating this page as i make progress. damn i wish i could get a hold of erwin.

1991 sil-eighty se sold
1995 pathfinder se, sold
1995 Altima gxe, sold
ka240de

Post by ka240de »

as i said i would post my update here, my 8 day permit on the truck just ended. it ran strong but im having a surface prep issue with a head gasket. coolant is in the oil and compression is good. but the oil pressure light is on, im pretty upset about it but i need to bear down and solve the problem. she runs, sounds, and looks good otherwise. on with the photo's

click to browse photobucket and view full size.
1991 sil-eighty se sold
1995 pathfinder se, sold
1995 Altima gxe, sold
ka240de

Post by ka240de »

since the pics i hooked up the vc hardlines in the front and coolant overflow. many little things to mess with but im not worried about anymore. i would like to go vg33e and prepare that engine outside of the truck with more attention to detail, and without being rushed to fix my dd, for a weekend swap. i bumbed rides to work for over a month before i could afford to get this thing to where it is
1991 sil-eighty se sold
1995 pathfinder se, sold
1995 Altima gxe, sold