My 1JZ swap

Non-technical 240sx stuff in here.
azS13
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

My 1JZ swap

Post by azS13 »

So it has been a few years since I've posted on here and just wanted to share the progress on my build. I haven't really been going on any forums lately unless to research, but I figured I will start posting again since I have a lot of free time currently. Anyway on to the fun part.
I started my 1jz (non-vvti) build in may of 2011 with all intensive purposes of getting it done within a year or so. Got stationed in Korea for a year where progress stopped until Sept 2012. With almost all the parts in hand with the exception of a few and almost out of money at the time, I started working on prepping the chassis for stuff I didn't want to do after the motor was in. I cut out my fenders and made some custom tubs (my first time ever welding anything). Bought some new steering and suspension components. Had a buddy of mine coat all the suspension parts with ceracote (kinda like powdercoat used mostly for coating guns) so that they all matched. Painted my engine bay. Had my wheels freshened up and powdercoated. The motor got all new seals and head was resurfaced. After deciding to go with a 350z transmission, I thought I was starting to get close. Many months later and a lot of struggle, the original company who made the adapter for jz-z33 stopped replying and I was stuck with a transmission I really wanted but couldn't use. Luckily a local company started to do some R&D for such an adapter. I waited almost 8 months for them to finalize the design and finally had the one part that was holding up my progression. Finally got the motor and trans in the car and measured for a driveshaft, then onto the finishing touches. Meanwhile, I had recently been told I was going back to Korea. I had to really step everything up and make this car run before I left, with a lot of little work to do. On Oct. 5th at about 2am my car started for the first time in probably 4 years. I drove it around all day as I had to leave for Korea the 6th of Oct. I sure cut it close but my car ran and was an absolute blast to drive. It still needs a lot of work and sadly it has to wait for a year. So here I reside in Korea. Nov of 2015 I will be moving to Eglin AFB Florida and hopefully making my car into the dream picture in my head. For now I'm out but will be updating soon with all the pictures and video I can find from my build and day of driving. Sorry this post is long and not super informative but it gets my story across for now. Feel free to ask any questions about the build or the car in general. I will be updating all the mods and other specs as soon as I have time. Thank you for reading.
91 240sx- always broken
1jz project started May 2011
Running finally Oct 5, 2014
R34SR wrote: 240sx = half sports car half truck.....cant decide if you want to track it or tow a boat.
azS13

Re: My 1JZ swap

Post by azS13 »

So to start off my pictures here is what my car looked like the last time it was running

Then to my back yard (only place I had space) to start the teardown

After cutting the battery tray and not having much left to salvage I decided to tub the front

91 240sx- always broken
R34SR wrote: 240sx = half sports car half truck.....cant decide if you want to track it or tow a boat.
azS13

Post by azS13 »

Suspension pieces freshly coated

Wheels getting some love

91 240sx- always broken
azS13

Post by azS13 »

Engine (stock bottom end, fresh gaskets and new oil pump, resurfaced head with 264 BC cams)

THE PIECE THAT I WAITED FOR OVER A YEAR TO GET

Stage 3 clutchmasters

1jz-Z33

91 240sx- always broken
azS13

Post by azS13 »

Going in the car

Intercooler I bought from a KA-T member years ago for this project

Piping welded together for minimum coupler use

Fancy new vented Origin hood
91 240sx- always broken
azS13

Post by azS13 »

Just random picture of some goodies for the car

Cutting brake but worked great in my buddies car so I got it from him in his partout

Evo brembos

Ran out of time (and money so coilovers have to wait)
91 240sx- always broken
azS13

Post by azS13 »

Video of the first start
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcqq4uIZ7EE

Little burnout for fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyOhnVRoZBQ

Had to get a race in before I left the country for a year... Buddy of mine has a single turbo 350z
I know the video is short and kinda sucks but only thing I have
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpiy0Xlt8Hs
91 240sx- always broken